It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone please tell me if this system is part of SKYNET??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Someone keeps on telling me that this tracking system here below in this picture from from the Vandenberg AFB command control center is part of Skynet.
www.vandenberg.af.mil...

And what type of tracking tool there using? Imtalking about the black and green mapping terminal.

BTW - I had downloaded (well, of course not the same) but a pretty cool tool to track satellites here. So Im wondering what there using.

,www.gano.name...

Thanks.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by darpa999]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Why would it be UNCLASSIFIED?

If that keyboard is attached to a real SG workstation then we can be sure it's expensive, but not much more, except may be the guy stayed at a Hilton and has his NumLock key on, and the picture is about five months old, and the guy is probably going to be reassigned.

Oh yeah, and that they are apparently still using Symantec Antivirus and he needs to check his email.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
there is no cac loging access hole on the keyboard for a cac card to be inserted
im in the military id know. all dod computers have a cac card slot on the keyboard in remote secure areas. or they would have a cac card reader of some kind. these dont. what did you find

good find

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You are not seeing anything that they would not want you to see in this photo (unclassified). It actually looks like it is tracking the ground plot of the ISS.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Im not worry about the keyboard, but what tracking tool there using?

And, is it part of the Skynet project?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No. This is not part of "Skynet". He is using Ephemeris Ground Track software which is used for tracking satellites in the Southern Hemisphere. I recognize the software package on his screen and this is a summary of the package being used here:

"The SatTrack Software Suite has been selected for generation of all mission-critical ephemeris products, like scheduling of passes over the primary ground station and possible back-up stations, timelines of shadow periods, passes through the South-Atlantic Anomaly, attitude and communication timelines, real-time monitoring of the spacecraft location with graphical displays, and creation of track files to control the antenna. The SatTrack Gateway Daemon will be the central scheduling tool used to support fully autonomous operation of the HESSI ground station. The SatTrack Software Suite is provided and maintained by BTS.

During the last two years experience has been gained in maintaining a local data base of orbital element sets. A fully automated procedure is already in place that downloads element sets in NORAD two-line format daily from the Orbital Information Group server at GSFC, using the HTTP protocol that is invoked from a UNIX timer function. The element sets are automatically archived and can be used for real-time tracking or for generation of ephemeris products needed to analyze data taken with the FAST spacecraft. During the HESSI mission, the most recent data set will be used to automatically create orbit event files, composite schedules of contact times for multiple ground stations and track files to control the antenna of the Berkeley Ground Station."

This information is easily found and the software is used all over the world by many nations/space agencies etc.....I was in the Military for some years and have experience with the "classified software" packages that we use and this workstation does not even look like a "normal secured" workstation. Nothing to see here, move along......

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You beat me to it Common Sense!
Good catch.

This is a member of the 614th assigned to JSpOC (Joint Space Operations Center). C2 on his JSpOC insignia is in reference to "Command & Control". Apparently this particular Junior Ensign is assigned to ISRD (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance).

EDIT: And yes, since the 21 Sep 2007, the 614th AOC is out of Vandenberg AFB.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Skynet is fictional...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by van001
Skynet is fictional...

No it isn't.

Skynet (British Military Satellites) on Wikipedia

There are also other ambiguous uses of Skynet that are not fictional.

Or, more likely, maybe the OP was referring to
Cyberspace Command which isn't Skynet in name but has the same purpose of the fictional Skynet.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

Autowrench:
Could very well be. Check over here:yournewreality.blogspot.com...
And, Skynet is a real deal company too.
www.goingfaster.com...

Recent breakthroughs in advanced microchip design and computer processing power were the impetus that led to America’s first military grade neural net based artificial intelligence, SKYNET. Almost overnight, American computer and electronics technology had taken a leap four generations into the future and the world wondered how that could be possible. The West wasn't telling and the concern grew among its enemies and to a much lesser degree its own allies. In the space of three years, from early 1985 to late 1988, America had started developing and deploying cutting edge electronics which were far smaller and far more powerful than anything its allies (or enemies) had at their disposal. Intelligence forces around the world were at a loss as to where the Americans had made the breakthrough that gave them an edge several generations ahead of the rest of the world. Rumors and speculations abounded, some of which even hinted at America having access to salvaged XT technology. Whatever it was that the Americans had discovered, it had the rest of the world surprised, perplexed and ... above all, wary.

Experts Warn of 'Terminator'-Style Military-Robot Rebellion

A screen grab of a YouTube video of a multiple-kill-vehicle, an orbital robot designed to shoot down enemy ballistic missiles from space.

Autonomous military robots that will fight future wars must be programmed to live by a strict warrior code, or the world risks untold atrocities at their steely hands.

The stark warning — which includes discussion of a "Terminator"-style scenario in which robots turn on their human masters — is part of a hefty report funded by and prepared for the U.S. Navy's high-tech and secretive Office of Naval Research.

The report, the first serious work of its kind on military robot ethics, envisages a fast-approaching era where robots are smart enough to make battlefield decisions that are at present the preserve of humans.

Eventually, it notes, robots could come to display significant cognitive advantages over Homo sapiens soldiers.

"There is a common misconception that robots will do only what we have programmed them to do," Patrick Lin, the chief compiler of the report, said. "Unfortunately, such a belief is sorely outdated, harking back to a time when ... programs could be written and understood by a single person."

The reality, Dr. Lin said, was that modern programs included millions of lines of code and were written by teams of programmers, none of whom knew the entire program.

Accordingly, no individual could accurately predict how the various portions of large programs would interact without extensive testing in the field — an option that may either be unavailable or deliberately sidestepped by the designers of fighting robots.
www.foxnews.com...

Related:

Expert: Robots Will Fight Wars of Future
www.foxnews.com...

Robotic Mall Cop Unveiled in Japan
www.foxnews.com...

Rapid-Fire Killer Robot Passes Flight Test
www.foxnews.com...

Bug-Sized Spies: U.S. Develops Tiny Flying Robots
www.foxnews.com...

Rise of the machine: Terminator-style robot war 'could be a reality within 10 years'
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Armed Robots to March into Battle
www.defenselink.mil...

Ever since I first saw the 'Terminator' films, I knew something was up with these robots. Where did the ideas come from? I asked myself. Is this to become a realty in our near future? Well, looks like it is going to become realty. I have always though that if we create an armed robotic force, that uses AI to tell it what to do, that soon would come a time when we of the human race would have to fight them. Think about this for a minute...if a race of robots using artificial intelligence, who would they see as their enemy? The only ones who could disable or destroy them, that's who.

The Secret Government is atleast 50 years (or more) advanced in technology than what they will allow to be shown to the general public (For "National Security" reasons)....

Meaning...We probably couldn't tell the difference between the Robots they actually have today,and a real human being!

Think about it...If they are showing us robots like "Swords","Asimo","Aiko",and "Wabian",then imagine what they have that is at least 50 years more advanced than those!

My point? We already have Terminators....Hunter/Killer Machines. Watch this video very closely fellow Patriots,because I am not talking about Science Fiction here...I am talking about Science Fact! This is real.

The Pentagon's Robots: Arming the Future
www.heritage.org...

Pentagon hires British scientist to help build robot soldiers that 'won't commit war crimes'
www.telegraph.co.uk... crimes.html

Pentagon Seeks Robots To Hunt Down Uncooperative Humans
www.infopackets.com...

Pentagon Wants Packs Of Robots To Detect "Non-cooperative Humans"
Experts warn technology could be used for domestic policing
infowars.net...

Pentagon's 'Crusher' Robot Vehicle Nearly Ready to Go
www.foxnews.com...

Of course everyone knows, down deep, that one day we will have to fight these things....Just food for thought. Skynet will run the show, and Cyberdyne will build the robots.
skynetdivision.net...
www.cyberdyne.jp...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is Skynet, and it's hell-bent on the destruction of the human race.

Don't worry though, Admiral Adama will be here shortly in the Battlestar Galactica to pick us all up and race us across the galaxy to a new home in the Skynet Free zone. The Millennium Falcon will cover our planetary evacuation, while one James T. Kirk, leading a squadron of Plaedian fighters will clear a safe pathway though Zeta Reticulan shipping lanes using a map provided by Alex Collier. Won't be easy though, John Lear and Sarah Connor still haven't disabled the Soul Catcher on the moon, so we'll probably take heavy casualties before we even leave the system. Neo is going to stay behind though, and attempt to interface with the Soul Catchers main frame to free the remaining imprisoned human souls. I hear both Elvis and Michael Jackson are in solitary there.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
On that mapping software system the one that black and green, is that running on a UNIX system?

new topics

top topics

join