It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama approval rating sinks to 50 percent: Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

WASHINGTON, Aug 6, 2009 (AFP) – US President Barack Obama's approval rating has slumped to 50 percent, the lowest since his inauguration, according to a poll released Thursday on the eve of his 200th day in office.
Quinnipiac University said the president's job approval rating dipped to 50 percent, versus 42 percent who disapprove -- a reflection of growing unease over Obama's handling of the economy, which sank into a devastating recession last year prompting his administration to unleash a deficit-stretching stimulus package, and health care which faces a critical overhaul in Congress.

The poll of 2,409 registered voters nationwide found they disapproved 49-45 percent of the way Obama was handling the economy, and disapproved 52-39 percent on his handling of health care, but approved 52-38 percent of his foreign policy.

Source:

news.yahoo.com...

I find it especially relevant that the fact more and more people are beginning to not have the same high and mighty view that they had before with this Health Bill overall and the smugness the Democrats are showing with pushing it through (for the record, I am not a Republican and am not trying to slam Dems, both parties are foolish most of the time
).

Let's see how much further the approval rating of the president who was supposed to change the world can drop?

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I call BS on this one. Not that his approval is slipping, but that the numbers are accurate. I think they must be figuring the numbers the same way they do the unemployment figures.

Before you 'go' there, trolls, yeah, Bush sucked too.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, yeah, Obama is the tool of Capitalism as our entire government is as well.

Those who tried or were above it never succeeded or they vanished int the night ...

All you anti-Obama folks, know this:

CAPITALISM (the USA brand, which we are so dearly holding onto and try to sell to every other nation in the world) is your TRUE master

It is what is eating our economy, it is what is controlling masses (with wee bit of help of Religion) ant it is what is gonna ultimately lead to total destruction of our country and Constitution.

But, ya all go ahead, bark at politicians, it's like barking at cashier at the store because you do not like the prices

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yeah, looks like another President whose legacy will end up in the toilet. This is what happens when you make irresponsible campaign promises that you never had any intention of keeping. If you make a promise to the electorate to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, you try and do your best to do just that. Instead, like GWB, Obama is pissing all over the Constitution.

At this rate, he'll have half the popularity rating of GWB when he's done. For those who have a short memory, GWB's popularity (or lack thereof) dropped into the teens during his final years. This was lower than Nixon's. Even GWB had a popularity rating in the 70's during his second year. It's a long way down baby!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I guess now people are beginning to see the consequences of thinking about a historical breakthrough instead of the future of the country. I'm not saying that a black man cannot lead a country, even though most of Africa is chaotic, I am just saying that a Kenyan by the name of Barack Hussein II cannot lead THIS country.

I hope for everyone's sake that we don't make another mistake like the 2004 elections where George W. Bush won his first election.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My fellow Americans are MORONS! 52-53% support his handling of foreign policy???????????? The reason our country is in the mess we are in is because his continuation of the foreign policy of the last 60 years! Wake up people! Our foreign policy is BANKRUPTING US! Endless wars, big defense budgets etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Our foreign policy is BANKRUPTING US! Endless wars, big defense budgets etc.

I do believe that was one of the contributing factors of the fall of the Soviet Union.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Oh please save the bullcrap. America hasn't had true capitalism for a hundred years. If we had true capitalism you wouldn't have had these bailouts. GM and Chrysler would have been gone decades ago. No my friend we've never had real capitalism.....only state corporatism........socialize the losses and privatize the profits. Big government and a free market are mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Further proof that things aren't going so well for Obama.

New polls continue to bring bad news for Democrats in this year's governors' races in two states won comfortably by President Obama. In New Jersey, a Monmouth County poll gives challenger Chris Christie a 14-point lead over Gov. Jon Corzine, who has an anemic 35 percent job approval rating among likely voters, compared with a disapproval rating of 58 percent. Meanwhile, in Virginia, Republican Bob McDonnell also edges out his Democratic opponent Creigh Deeds by 14 points in a Public Policy Polling survey. In both cases, the polls are trending against the Democrats, and as Dave Weigel notes, a deeper look at the Virginia data show waning enthusiasm on the Democratic side, suggesting dampened turnout.

spectator.org...

Not good, not good:shk:

link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

And just about every empire in the history of mankind. Why do you think our Founding Fathers were so against a standing army.

link   
You know what is so ironic about the stupid mouth-breathers who support his foreign policiy? These are the same moronic mouth-breathers that deplored Bush's foeign policy - And they're the SAME!!!!

Just goes to show you that the majority of my fellow countrymen and women are too stupid to see the forest for the trees and instead focus on the partisan issues that are completely destroying this (once) great nation. They laud and applaud this fraud because he's a democrat even though they roasted Bush for doing the EXACT same things. What idiots! Please stop the Earth, I'm deperate to get off!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Star for you!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Yeah, we're going to end up selling our constitution to China for a quick buck.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wait till next week's poll. He'll be negative 50 by then.

top topics

join