It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streamlining Breaking Alternative News Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I like the idea of each new breaking news story having a static location in the list of threads based on the date of its creation. This would ensure that the viewers receive the most recent stories first without having to pool through threads that have been rehashed by some response. I mean, those rehashed threads are not breaking stories and honestly anyone already involved in the discussion could go to their myATS section to keep up on new posts in that thread. In the meantime, breaking events could be covered more speedily. This would effectively generate a more educated viewership as the users would be up-to-date and not going about spreading stories about an old topic that may no longer be timely and relevant.

So, my first question is this; Would it be possible for ATS to streamline breaking alternative news (maybe any news) in this fashion so that the readers can be up-to-date? Secondly, am I alone on this? Do any other members support this idea?

[edit on 8/6/2009 by thoughtplacebo]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Great idea and maybe transfer threads to a different forum after its been floating in breaking news for weeks near the top due to discussion.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If there were just readily visible date stamps on the summary for each thread in a a view like 'recent posts' and we had the ability to SORT those by date, subject, flags, whatever, I think that would be an acceptable compromise. It would allow us more display options for the whole site, and not just breaking news.

I might WANT to be able to see the story that is being discussed heavily at the top of my list, but other days I might want to see the newest...it would be nice to have the option to sort the thread summaries like an excel sheet.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Not a bad idea, though I'm leaning toward date getting priority with most discussed being the sort feature.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, I guess in a way they already have this topic covered to an extent. Clicking "last post" link at the top right of the forum will sort by date.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wait, no that's last post, not last posted.

new topics

top topics

join