It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars monument 'proof of life'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
more on the recent newspaper coverage...

Veteran astronaut Buzz Aldrin recently stoked space conspiracy theory further by announcing that a similar "monolith" had been detected on Mars's moon Phobos.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

But scientists at the University of Arizona, who captured the original image, reckon it's just an unremarkable boulder, which could measure up to five metres across.

In 2007 the Canadian Space Agency funded a study for an unmanned mission to Phobos known as PRIME (Phobos Reconnaissance and International Mars Exploration).

The building-sized monolith is the main proposed landing site but not because scientists suspect UFO activity. They believe the object is a boulder exposed relatively recently in an otherwise featureless area of the asteroid-like moon.
PRIME investigator Dr Alan Hildebrand said it could answer questions about the moon's composition and history.
'If we can get to that object, we likely don’t need to go anywhere else,' he told his science team.
The fact it seems to resemble a rectangular monument could be due to simulacra. This is where humans see familar images in random surroundings such as the famous 'Face of Mars', which is actually just a hilly and cratered area.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Remember how scientists established that the Giza pyramids were in line with the constellations of Sirius and Orion and the procession of stars important to the Pharaohs?

Perhaps an analysis of the object would establish if there are any similar relationships and prove the existence of intelligent life on Mars in the past.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think it's a rock that's sticking out of the sand. It's the side of a huge dune, the sand is fluid, the rock probably just ended up that way when it tumbled/fell/whatever.

Or, it's the top of a ancient building

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it's certainly intriguing, coming as it does so soon after the Aldrin statement.

It would be great if someone could search NASA for the original image - I don't have time at the moment.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This Monolith on Phobos (one of Mars two moons) is only one of two sites on this moon that has odd structures. If they are not a natural formation (which they do not appear to be), then where did they come from? Checkout this site on the Monoliths.

www.vgl.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Looks just like a rock to me, does not look special at all.
I'm willing to bet that mars has no life, and never will.
I'm also willing to bet there is no life in our solar system for that matter.

Mars is a big, barren, lifeless rock.

Next.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
I'm also willing to bet there is no life in our solar system for that matter.

Next.
What about Earth?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah the Sun is evidently slow...

The buzz aldrin reveals thread of mine peaked two weeks back...

LOL...

Sun is trollin ATS evidently...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This isn't the Buzz Aldrin one - this is a different structure, NOT the one on Phobos, but on mars itself, which is clear if you read the OP and the linked article.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

The problem with both this and buzz's one on Mars moon, is that they could very easily have formed naturally.

A stone/rock center and relatively lose dirt around it.

Add a small quake/winds/rain(in the past) and the lose dirt may be removed leaving only the rock center.

I am not saying this is the case, as we really don't know.

but, it is a simple, logical explanation.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
www.earthfiles.com...

Appeared overnight and very complicated in the way it is woven. How many people would this take without being caught? Check the pictures out.

If the crop circle doesn't convince you how about this little jewel from Mars courtesy of Herschel. the odds of 20 some stars lining up to match Cydonia perfectly are about 100 million to one. What more do you need?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Yeah the Sun is evidently slow...

The buzz aldrin reveals thread of mine peaked two weeks back...

LOL...

Sun is trollin ATS evidently...
Yes, but not your thread, this monolith was posted on this thread by super70.

Even the image is the same, only cropped horizontally (and resized) to fit on the page.

Edited to add the "(and resized)".

[edit on 7/8/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What's interesting to me is that it made it into the MSM.

And a Murdoch publication at that.

Over the last year or so, Murdoch's (UK) publications, especially those with a very high readership, have been running a lot of disclosure stories.

Knowing the influence that Murdoch has, it makes me wonder "why now?"

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Short simple answer..........

Those are the topics that are getting everyones attention right now.

A good newsperson gives the reader what theyt want....

Just saying......

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Weird how the monolith is roughly the same size as the lunar module and yet the monolith is quite clear whereas the module is very blurry.....hmm

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Broonie

That is because this is not the same mission and the photos with the LM were not taken at full resolution, the LRO has not yet reached its working orbit, although its getting close (the last photo published has a better resolution than the ones from the Apollo landing sites).

But all that is for other thread, this is about the "Mars monolith" that The Sun stole from ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It was to be expected really.

Rupert through one of his 'propaganda' interests will brainwash the dumbed down masses to believe there is a justification to finance a mission to Mars.

If there was life up there I'm guessing they would approach us were they interested.

Good day Gents.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Turtle100

This is long shot...

But...
If you have the required survival tools

Why do you feel bad?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

do you remember this .. very interesting

May 18, 2008 – (Raiders News Network) Vatican chief astronomer Father Jose Gabriel Funes in a long interview with the L'Osservatore Romano newspaper this week made news by saying there is a certain possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and that such notion "doesn't contradict our faith."

Approximately 7 years ago Monsignor Corrado Balducci made similar news when he said ETs were actually already interacting with earth and that some of the Vatican's leaders were aware of it.

source

Murdoch and his ilk..hmm ..this is interesting

Rupert Murdoch Calls Fox News Viewers Morons & White Trash

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
***spoiler alert***
Thu Sun is a TABLOID.

Yep, but the pics are real and have appeared in other publications as well as online and have been attributed to NASA, as I believed I mentioned in the OP

Or didn't you bother reading the article or the OP?

Correct. However, I believe the part about the monolith being artificial is tabloid fancy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join