It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars monument 'proof of life'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Mars monument 'proof of life'

www.thesun.co.uk

THIS mysterious monument could be proof there was once life on Mars.

The rectangular structure — measuring five metres across — was photographed by a super high resolution camera on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

The giant monolith juts out of the planet's surface casting a huge shadow below.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I searched for this but couldn't find it, so apologies if it's been posted.

OK, this is the Sun newspaper and that alone SHOULD disqualify this from any serious discussion, BUT the picture comes from NASA apparently and has been published and discussed on "Lunar Explorer Italia"

It certainly looks like the music from space odyssey should be cued, but these coincidences are beginning to mount up, and we know it's not beyond the bounds of possibility for NASA to lie about something (sarc)

Buzz Aldrin spoke recently about a similar structure on Phobos.

Could the 2 be related somehow?

And could NASA hide something like this and really think they could get away with it...

I'm not so sure, but I'm keeping an open mind.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have always been fascinated by these types of "structures" I did a bit of research when I first learned of their existance. I rationalized this particular instance using the assumption that mars used to have some sort of atmosphere (albiet thin). When errosion is possible structures like this do form like, "Bottleneck Peak" pictured below.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
***spoiler alert***
Thu Sun is a TABLOID.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

was also in the Daily Star, aswell with a US radio host saying something like "This could be the beginning of the final phase of disclosure as most are aware of the "coincidences" happening lately.."

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
***spoiler alert***
Thu Sun is a TABLOID.

Yep, but the pics are real and have appeared in other publications as well as online and have been attributed to NASA, as I believed I mentioned in the OP

Or didn't you bother reading the article or the OP?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I bet you 5 bucks, if , let us for fun sakes say , life was on mars as human like creatures, the Evolutionists would say : 'That is the missing link, and accur naturaly thru out the universe, just as evolution predicts', and slap Evo theory on that too..

Hehe, I get mad just by seeing the three first letters EVO , makes me mad..

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Num1Skeptic

Good point, however I'm pretty sure natural features such as this are surrounded by other similar features somewhat nearby. To have a single natural feature such as this exist in the middle of a large area with completely different soil and erosion than that of the monolith would be very strange.

In regards to a untrustworthy tabloid printing a story such as this, I would like to point out that on rare occasions they're sometimes telling the truth. Wasn't the recent John Edwards affair scoop first presented by the National Inquirer?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

It looks like it's on the edge of a ravine so this could be exposed bedrock from a slide and the elliptical shape could be a natural break.

Me, I think it's a rock!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
wow. does anyone know which nasa picture that one is? so we can verify that the rectangular object is in the picture. if it is....we need to get a rover over there pronto to investigate. that would be so crazy awesome if it was an artificial object.

chembreather: we all know you dislike evolutionists, mind not bringing every et or space thread you visit offtopic with it?

link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I bet you 5 bucks, if , let us for fun sakes say , life was on mars as human like creatures, the Evolutionists would say : 'That is the missing link, and accur naturaly thru out the universe, just as evolution predicts', and slap Evo theory on that too..

Hehe, I get mad just by seeing the three first letters EVO , makes me mad..

In all honesty, evolution can at least be scientifically explained while creationism, well, smoke and mirrors with no proof.

link   
Was it not Buzz Aldren????? who jusr reciently said basicly that???

Too lazy, but I am sure it was posted in ATS-use the search funtion.

That may be considered a much more "reasonable" source.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

yeah, but buzz was talking about one on phobos, not on mars itself. would be really interesting if both turned out to be artificial.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by mrmonsoon

yeah, but buzz was talking about one on phobos, not on mars itself. would be really interesting if both turned out to be artificial.

Keep in mind that Buzz did not imply that the monolith of Phobos was artificial.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

i'm aware of that. i just said it would be cool if they both turned out artificial. not that he had said or even implied it was.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by Bearack

i'm aware of that. i just said it would be cool if they both turned out artificial. not that he had said or even implied it was.

I hoenstly didn't mean to make it seem you made the implication. I just figured some would take what you stated and assume Buzz was talking about an artificial monolith.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
the Sun newspaper has a very wide readership in the Uk and has the second highest circulation everyday... it may as claimed be a tabloid or a red top.....but....many believe was instrumental in the landslide victory of the last general election..

The red tops do tend to run and feature many UFO articles, however the Sun seems to run with more. I have no idea who the new editor is but Rebekah Wade is the overall CEO of news of world , the Sun etc.

soooooo

The Sun, the Daily Mail and the Daily Record were the only national newspapers to increase their readership over the past year, according to figures released today.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The Sun switched support to Labour on 18 March, 1997, six weeks before the landslide General Election victory which saw Labour leader Tony Blair become Prime Minister. Two months earlier, it was attacking New Labour, but its front page headline read THE SUN BACKS BLAIR and its front page editorial made clear that while it still had reservations about some New Labour policies, it believed Blair to be "the breath of fresh air this great country needs."

en.wikipedia.org...(newspaper)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
fab news its in the sun as it has a huge readership.
wont stay hidden for long ;]

anyway.. it seems Rebekah Wade does seem to believe.

Rebekah may believe

Almost every story that Gaunty mentions is taken from one paper, and tends to be prefaced with a jaunty, "You have to praise The Sun for this", or "The Sun has a cracking story about..." Curiously, he doesn't seem so impressed with the Sun's perplexing new obsession with UFOs, and in a startlingly unwonted attack of corporate disloyalty, Gaunty questions the sanity of those, such as his editor Rebekah Wade, "who believe in visitors from outer space".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I wonder how many similar erect naturally occurring oblong rocks an orbiter would find on the earth.

Hundreds, thousands ?

It doen't even look to be uniform, just mostly rectangular with a bit chopped off one corner.

Wake me when you find an ancient drive through.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Buzz Aldrin spoke recently about a similar structure on Phobos.

Indeed, but the monolith on Phobos looks more like a monolith in the geological sense than in the Space Odyssey sense.

Original shots of the monolith on Phobos It stands out well as it casts a more than reasonable shadow.

It sounds like they might be landing a mission near the monolith on Phobos.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join