It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I A Thread Killer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentXI

Hey new bestest buddy. Can you help me out with something?

Is your Agent number 9 or 11? I always get confused with those Roman Numerals.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Im writing for two reasons:

1. I used to think the exact same thing, thanks for making me feel better.
2. I didnt want you to be the last person to write on a thread that you started.

CALL YOURSELF A KILLER?
THE ONLY THING YOUR KILLING IS YOUR TIME.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Thank you KaginD. I don't remember which was your second to the last post, but I'm glad I was able to help the discussion!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I'm the last man standing on a few threads too

For what it's worth I've noticed some of your posts and they've been pretty smart...starred a few too. It's not often you get an opening to pass a compliment on ATS. Luckily your shameless trawling for attention, stars and compliments gave me the chance.

Treat the 'last post' as meaning you didn't say anything dumb...ATSers can't resist pointing it out in a split second

I'm glad my paranoia resonates with so many of you guys. Well, not really glad but relieved. Well, not really relieved but assured.

Anyway, thank you very much for responding to my blatant self-absorbed narcisistic appeal for attention of the good kind. Your compliment is appreciated and reciprocated Kandinsky. I've been watching you too.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If I kill this thread I'm going to be so upset with myself...after I spend a good while being upset at you.

I try to look at threads the same way as a conversation in person...sometimes there's a lonely guy or gal in the corner and they want to talk about tupperware....you know, it isn't their FAULT they like tupperware and they really just need someone to pop in and let them know they are still alive and that someone cares enough to listen to them talk about those snazzy stay fresh lids, for few minutes.

I agree that there is a lot of sensationalism, and sometimes that very stuff can get my brain going. 'Should we eat our dead?' geez, where does some of this crap come from? But it get's me thinking.

Just don't take it too personally and forget about what everyone else thinks about you. If a thread 'dies' and you were the last post, no biggy. I haven't been around long, but I've seen some posts dug up from way back and added to.

It's not so cut and dry. It's collective consciousness and you don't have the power to kill that. It might just branch off into different directions, but every contributor, every piece is valid and part of the big picture. Forget about the politics and embrace other people with reckless abandon. Throw your thoughts in to the universe and don't worry so much about whether your gear is an important enough part of the machine.

This place wouldn't be the same without you, of THAT you can be sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yes, you're a post Killer!

My awsome thread:
Obama......A Righteous Man? A must hear hip-hop song calling Obama out.

Killed just because it was too close to your thread on the list!

Just kidding and doing a shameless plug on my thread!

I wonder the same thing as you. I brought what I thought was a stunning song with broad and, as yet, unrealized social implications.

Not to mention it's a real cool song.

It's gone nowhere.

Guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

Hope you don't get discouraged!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Killing a thread is the highest compliment the ATS community can pay to a poster. It just shows that the last post was so intelligent, well thought out and articulated that nothing more needs to be said.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Call me paranoid or whatever, but am I a thread killer?

Yes with a "but" No with an "if" ...

this post made to poop on whaas last post

[edit on 6 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
SEEE! I told you I am a thread killer. Here is the proof! It is a conspiracy. It is. Isn't it?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
THREAD KILLERS ANONOMOUS UNITE!

There I too feel better, now...

Hi my name is antar and I have been killing threads since feburary 07. My biggest fear is being left behind as the threads roll over and past me.

My amition when I grow up is to be a superthread maker with tons of stars and flags, but for now I will just sit over here in the corner quietly.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Edit to say actually I feel like a serial thread killer. I do know what you mean about the friends thing, but you know some of us are just so different even for ATS/BTS we are loners, wild cards. There used to be a view count here and in those days even if my threads were passed over for responses I did get loads of views so that made me feel better.

Some days can be tough, today is my bday and noone has ever made a thread for me. Also I have watched as people go ape over ceratin milestones here and threads are made in their honor, I have people I love here for certain, but noone that claims me because of my unpopularity.

What bothers me more than being a thread killer is not getting any u2us for a few days, it can send me into a worrisome state and I feel really unloved and isolated. This board , you have to work it like a model on the catwalk.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, I love reading your posts. Come to think of it have I ever posted in any of your threads? I remember you when I see your avatar, and thinking that I like the way you express yourself. Tell me a thread you've started lately and I'll try to stay away until you U2U me and let me know the coast is clear. K?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Some days we're the bug . . some days we're the windshield.

You are not a thread-killer, we all feel like that way sometimes.

Just continue to put in "your take" on things.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Killing a thread is the highest compliment the ATS community can pay to a poster. It just shows that the last post was so intelligent, well thought out and articulated that nothing more needs to be said.

May I have your permission to use that in my signature line whaaa? I believe it and even if its not true, so whaaaa?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Don't worry Hazelnut----help has arrived !!

I learnt my thread killing techniques from Prisoner of Society, who was the master of all things thread killing related

Here I am to bury your thread girl !!
btw---you do know that thread killing is highly competitive amongst certain people on here ----we aim to succeed.
Thought my BIG BROTHER thread would have done the trick and generated zero replies, but that failed miserably.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

People either love or hate my threads, I would not want to loose you as an alliance...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Here u go, new avatar for you:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

EXACTLY whaaa---you've hit the nail on the head

Thread killing rocks !!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I love it, love it, love it! You're a real ONE!

How the heck to I get it from your post to my account? Never mind, I'll figure it out... after I finish killing everyone's thread who posted on mine.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
... oh, and ... thread killaz are chump change ...

I HAZ KILLED MUTTERZ

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join