It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrap Health Care Reform If It Adds To Deficit, U.S. Voters Tell Quinnipiac University National Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Seems like "The People" are more worried about our National Deficit than our "leaders" who are in charge of it in Washington!

Scrap Health Care Reform If It Adds To Deficit, U.S. Voters Tell Quinnipiac University National Poll

American voters, by a 55 - 35 percent margin, are more worried that Congress will spend too much money and add to the deficit than it will not act to overhaul the health care system, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. By a similar 57 - 37 percent margin, voters say health care reform should be dropped if it adds "significantly" to the deficit.

By a 72 - 21 percent margin, voters do not believe that President Barack Obama will keep his promise to overhaul the health care system without adding to the deficit, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University national poll finds.

Hmmm, appears to me like the American people want to be more financially responsible about handling and reducing our National Deficit than the people we put in charge to manage it!

When will these politicians wake up and realize that this plan WILL add to the national debt, something that "The People" don't want to happen, and be more responsible with the tax payers money?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Very interesting poll. I am one of those who believe it will add to the deficit.

I just have a hard time seeing how government is going to pay for what it currently has in addition to what they are proposing. The savings they quote are not guarantees.

join