It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The sheriff in Alabama's most populous county may call for the National Guard to help maintain order, a spokesman said Tuesday,

By JAY REEVES
Associated Press Writer

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) -- The sheriff in Alabama's most populous county may call for the National Guard to help maintain order, a spokesman said Tuesday, as a judge cleared the way for cuts in the sheriff's budget and lawmakers reached a compromise they hope will end the budget crisis.

Story continued in above link.

Could this possibly be happening very quietly all over the country and we're just not being told about it? Could the entire state of California be on the verge of this type of crisis? Is this type of thing happening in the state you live in?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. Star, and flag.

I don't think it is just starting. It started before any of us were born, and we are only here for the finally.

Now it's borderlining on being cool to be a patriot, but people have been ridiculed for decades for the very same thing, and they persisted.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I can appreciate someone being a patriot, I think american's got rediculed for so long because of cowboy, i'm better than you, america love it or leave it, bible thumping, flag waving, black hating, gay beating holier than thou mentallity. But that seems to be dieing as of late.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pwrthtbe

It seems like this is a ploy to get the state to cough up the bucks for the sherriff to keep his deputies 'rolling' ... at least at this point ... let's all hope so, anyways ...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

No that attitude is still alive and kicking in the USA. Unfortunately, those people with learned helplessness and a pathetic need for the government to help them find their way through life is growing in numbers.

I dont know what is causing it. Could be the flouride in the water making them retarded, or poor parenting, or a lack of butt whoopings as a child.

It is an insidious disease that needs to be eradicated at any cost, before it destroys the nation. Hopefully they will find a cure, before its too late.

I think we should replace the Jerry Lewis telethon, with a telethon to find a cure for learned helplessness, before one more adult or child is infected with it. OH, the humanity.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

I agree. This is to get the people all nervous and make them put pressure on their reps.

This isn't the first time or even the hundredth time the National Guard has been called in, so don't panic.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. I thought the same thing when I saw that headline. What better way to ease in martial law than because of budgetary restraints? Of course, just like in Katrina they're only there to "help". BTW, the last national guard units just pulled our of New Orleans after a short 4 years. You nailed it bro.

new topics

top topics

join