It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom in U.K. Fined for Grieving Too Long at Baby Son's Funeral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Mom in U.K. Fined for Grieving Too Long at Baby Son's Funeral

www.foxnews.com

Terrie Rouse, 32, said her grief turned to shock when officials told her she had taken too long to say goodbye, The Daily Mail reported.

"The vicar had asked if I would like to spend a bit more time saying goodbye," she said. "I sat by the coffin for 10 minutes, telling my son how much we loved him and begging him not to be scared."

Officials at the crematorium, run by a local English council, impose an extra charge if any funeral runs over its 30-minute slot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is what we've become. Little P*ss Ants desiring the drug of Elites; which is POWER.

Read the article for yourselves. I am in shock, awe, and disgust over it. I encourage all reading this to take note in your own life; at the petty power positions created by the PTB. Just really look around, and you'll see them.

The poor lady from this article 'sees' them now. First she was encouraged to grieve, but then the petty POWER junky came along, and had to put a metaphorical cigarette out on the lady's brain.

I guarantee this event gave this lady a new perspective on life. The petty POWER junky has truly done nothing, but make the woman stronger, and with the coming civil unrest, or should I say revolution the 'junky' will get fixed for good.

Cheers.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Death is a business. Bury as many you can in a day to make bank.

There are all sorts of laws and regulations that force us into seeking out and complying with the death businesses.

It's all a scam. You cant be born at home any more without all sorts of ridiculous fees, fines and checks and you cant die at home without all sorts of fees fines and checks.

I'm hoping to die way off the radar so my family can plot my body as we see fit. None of this government supported death business crap.

It's bad enough the gov has to come in and jam its hands into my burial pants for the wallet but they also legislate I shell out a little to some businessman on my way down the river Styx.

F'em.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm hoping to die way off the radar so my family can plot my body as we see fit. None of this government supported death business crap.

Sure, I hear you loud, and clear. The amount of 'bucks for death' is astronomical. The article above shows the absurdity of where it's going, and soon.

Considering that makes me not worry about the different States that make burial difficult. If their going to make it difficult in all manners, then I'll be fine burying loved ones on my own property when the time comes.............Scr*w what the State has to say.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
www.foxnews.com[/url]

Officials at the crematorium, run by a local English council, impose an extra charge if any funeral runs over its 30-minute slot.

30 minutes? 30 minutes?!

The last time somebody close to me died, I thought about for damn near 3 weeks. If I could have been at the funeral, I would have wanted to stay there for at least several hours. And this was a friend of mine. For a mother losing her son... I can only imagine.

What the hell is wrong with society? A mother who loses her son is allotted 30 minutes of grief? Does it really cost these people any more money to let her sit and meditate for a couple of hours? Is money really that important, when compared with losing a child?

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Believe it or not... but my grandmother is paying RENT in Germany on the lot that her mother is buried in, and she's buried directly on top of the father, so they do not have to pay twice the rent.

Once the payments stop and/or lease runs up, they have to relocate.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Believe it or not... but my grandmother is paying RENT in Germany on the lot that her mother is buried in, and she's buried directly on top of the father, so they do not have to pay twice the rent.

Once the payments stop and/or lease runs up, they have to relocate.

It's bound to happen, as we will eventually run out of designated spaces to bury the deceased.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
It's bound to happen, as we will eventually run out of designated spaces to bury the deceased.

Agreed... with 6 billion and growing burial plots will soon use up the space for the living..

Not sure what's wrong with cremation and either scatter the ashes or keep them in a jar on the mantel and make a shrine if you need

The body is worm food... the spirit has moved on... a small shrine at home makes a lot more sense to me

But still that 30 minute time limits, that is moronic... its not like they will need to plot for anyone else.. Do they charge a few for visiting the grave site after?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

But most families have their funeral service at church or in the funeral parlour. That's where most of the relatives, friends, neighbours say goodbye. The crematorium is just normally a quick hymn, a few prayers, a pressing of the magic button and off you disappear behind the curtain.

30 minutes would be fine to do that. And if it weren't fine she could've booked an hour. Or three. Up to her.

What isn't acceptable is weeping and a wailing like some third world peasant and holding up the next funeral.

That's just not done. It's not the British way.

I see she got off the fine.

Pity.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

OMG!!!
Crack that whip!!!!
I am in shock at your opinion, but each to their own.

The funeral director told her it was fine; then the petty POWER junky came along.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes, death is a business, big business, that is why here in Portugal most companies are now owned by American companies, they were almost all bought some years ago.

What I find interesting is that the fine for taking up more time is higher than the cost of the cremation of the baby, so what they ask people to pay is more than what they consider enough to pay for the 30 minutes time and the use of the crematory.

I also wonder what happens if people stay for a very short time, do they get a refund?

PS: Here in Portugal we also have to pay for the ground in which we are buried. If we do not buy the ground then we have to pay a small fee to the city, but we can buy the land like if it was any other piece of land. If the land was not bought, after six years the body stays in the same place but the grave is marked as "free", so when that place is needed they move the body lower to let some room for the next one; if the family wants to keep the body on that place then they have to pay for the ground, or they can pay for a drawer (like the ones in the morgues, but on a stone structure) to keep the body there.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

whoops,

line two

[edit on 6-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

What I find interesting is that the fine for taking up more time is higher than the cost of the cremation of the baby, so what they ask people to pay is more than what they consider enough to pay for the 30 minutes time and the use of the crematory

I think it is the sign of the times. Absolute tyranny is coming.

Hey, Portugal? Cool.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, I see nothing wrong with cremation. And folks can even take the ashes and have fabulous jewels made, like someone is doing with a lock of Michael Jackson's hair.

www.newscientist.com...

www.lifegem.com...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm all for cremetion, but I think there is plenty of ground for bodies.

As far as body art from bodies??? cool I like it. Collecting tattoo covered skin is a growing market in and of it's self. Most people don't even know it's there, and it's realitively large.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That is not possible in Portugal, it's considered biological waste (which is correct) and can only exist in special containers.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

That is not possible in Portugal, it's considered biological waste (which is correct) and can only exist in special containers.

That's CrAzY! I suspect that a cremated body, reduced to almost nothing but carbon, poses no threat as a bio hazard.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The council immediately backtracked and apologised to the lady, it would seem that some paper pusher probably issued the fine without really thinking about it. So the title of the thread is actually misleading.

thisguyrighthere, don't know where you live, but in the UK you can have a home birth if you like, no checks are needed and no fines or fees are issued. You can, if you like, get a local midwife to attend as well, free of course on the NHS.

Death duties don't really apply to most people in the UK as it is for estates of £500k+.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Glad to hear it was a mistake. I know people in the UK handle death much better than they do in the states, but a ticket for taking too long? That's just not right.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I told my parents that if I happened to die before them, they can do whatever
they see fit with my body. I'm kind of pushing for a viking funeral,
but the lumber for the viking longship might be a TAD bit expensive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join