It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's All Contribute And Create Our Own Religion And Compare it to Existing Ones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am very much not a supporter of any abrahamic religion.
I believe they are all about conquest, instilling fear into it's followers and often seems like a military handbook than "the word of god" lol

So this is what I suggest

ATS, Let's make the perfect Religion, and once we make the perfect religion we can compare it to existing ones.

In my opinion all holy books belonging to any abrahamic religion are obsolete, because it's teachings have nothing to do with what humanity faces today.

Let's do it.
I'll start, but in my second post
I'll just create the thread now.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"Tho shallt smite anyone who says, 'I don't like current religions so I will make a new one that helps me feel good about myself.'"

Really? Your serious? "I want a religion that is not so mean!"

Wow.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I started my own religion a few years ago. It's called Rockianity, because I'm a fan of rock music and rock climbing. It only has two members.

Isn't what your suggesting like what Bobby Henderson done with the Flying Spaghetti Monster. He invented that religion to compare it to Intelligent Design to try and show how it didn't belong in a science class.

But anyway, If you want to start a new religion and compare it to all the others then you have my support. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to join a third joke religion.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

what are you on about?

feel good about myself?????
how will a new religion make me feel good about myself?
explain yourself?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Tho shall not commit murder.
Thos shall not commit adultery..
Thou shall not lie.

Harsh stuff. Would make me fell afraid if I broke such harsh rules.

You hate how religion limits you. That means you break the rules, feel guilty about breaking the rules, so you want the rules changed to keep breaking the rules now without guilt.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

again, what are you on about?
you seem to have difficulty focusing

did you not read my opening post?

A new religion which addresses current events
What we need is mutual understaning, empathy, sympathy, love for all without prejudice, no racism.

Currently religion do not address these issues

I am talking about a book that focuses on the issues, WITHOUT any tall tales like reincarnating into a loaf of bread or noahs ark.

No bedtime stories, just focusing on the issues.

What is so hard to understand in that?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

again, what are you on about?
you seem to have difficulty focusing

did you not read my opening post?

A new religion which addresses current events
What we need is mutual understaning, empathy, sympathy, love for all without prejudice, no racism.

Currently religion do not address these issues

I am talking about a book that focuses on the issues, WITHOUT any tall tales like reincarnating into a loaf of bread or noahs ark.

No bedtime stories, just focusing on the issues.

What is so hard to understand in that?

So you want a moral compass for all? No "Tall tales?" You are the one who started this by saying how "harsh/military manual" religion is now you simply want a moral compass "without predjudice or racism."

Ok. Let it start with you. Stop the criticism of other that you accuse the ABRAHAMIC religions of and lead by example.

I am VERY willing to bet you are practicing acts that are frowned upon by the ABRAHAMIC religions, such as libel that you are writing here.

You want a religion that does not practice those nasty traits then great! Start it by not ridiculing others. Those 2000 year old , 1 billion follower religions don't seem to have it right. Show us.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
why MUST you go so off-topic for?

I just created a thread and here you go off so defensive.

That's another one for the new religion. No fanaticism!
The first word in fanaticism is fan
No hardcore fans!!!

If anyone wishes to question the religion, there won't be any god striking thunder down the person, everyone is allowed to have their opinion.
God gave us a brain, let's use it!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
why MUST you go so off-topic for?

I just created a thread and here you go off so defensive.

That's another one for the new religion. No fanaticism!
The first word in fanaticism is fan
No hardcore fans!!!

If anyone wishes to question the religion, there won't be any god striking thunder down the person, everyone is allowed to have their opinion.
God gave us a brain, let's use it!

Holy cow thou art twitchy.

How is telling a person that those who are without sin should cast the first stone fanatical.

You are criticizing others and then saying "STOP CRITICIZING ME!"

Me thinks thou dost protest too much for a new religioous leader.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

when did i say stop criticizing me?
Again, you have difficulty focusing

I said stay on topic

Are you incapable of seeing the difference between both statements?

Seriously?????

You are the one who is so defensive not me
I am not at all being defensive so why would I say waan waan stop criticizing me

I'm not the defensive one here bro

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
how about NO RELIGIONS.

just a thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ok I'll play, it could be "fun".

A religion that actively participates as caretakers, responsible for the life, liberty and happiness of earth and its inhabitants. In celebration of our gift to care for the earth, we spontaneously sing, dance, laugh, eat, and give to each other without thought of compensation.

What a dreamer I am...

spell check!

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Religions work because of the concepts of reward and punishment. Rewards such as eternal paradise, greater spiritual understanding, a bunch of virgins, etc... Fears include eternal damnation and agony, shame, having to repeat lessons not learned, etc...

Without these fears and desires religion doesn't work. How many people would worship a god unless they either wanted something from him or feared him?

In my limited experience, genuine examples of compassion and empathy are rare. Sure you can point to examples but do you really know the motivation in peoples minds. Are they genuinely acting out love for humanity or to get something in return, whether it's something of value or simply recognition to feel good about themselves, or maybe out of guilt instilled in them through religion.

Those tall tales of floods, plagues, and wrath serve a purpose. Any good religion needs something to keep the followers in line or pretty soon people question why they should follow these rules. They think they can do better and pretty soon your religion splinters into different factions and eventually loses it's original purpose.

Humans are, in general, selfish. We do not obey or follow without either fear of repercussion or hope for reward.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

OK I 'll start...

First rule of the new religion "Call all other religions bed-time stories."

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

are you incapable of non-sarcastic postings?
Or do you just feel threatened by truth?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

typical anti-religion zealot.

Ignore what is said and complain about the other person.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
[edit on 13-8-2009 by sorennn]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Don't worry, I already figured it all out in another thread.

"Ok, soooo... Jesus, Anti-Jesus, great battles and people disappearing into thin air (man, if they turned to ash like the people in the War of the Worlds remake that would be TOTALLY awesome), demons or something.

Then Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Ahab, Master Splinter and 3 of the Ninja Turtles (Raphael is too whiny) have a big fight. Then Shredder gets shot by Ahab's harpoon and dies, only to come back as Super Shredder. Super Jesus has a final duel with Shredder then kicks him back down into that little tunneling thing with Krang for all eternity (stuck with those morons Rocksteady and Bebop).

Peter Pan and the Smurfs throw a party with the cast of Shrek and humanity lives on happily ever after. I got it right, right?

So when all of this finally happens, what are you guys going to force on people who don't believe in this for the rest of time? Is Christianity going to turn into some perverse version of Dianetics where you then force on us how we need to keep Xenu (Super Shredder, Satan, whatever) where he is so keep funneling all of your money into the church?"

So as you can see, everyone ends up happy.

[edit on 8/13/09 by Magnivea]

new topics

top topics

join