It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why love and respect that who asks you to fear him?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
2 Timothy 1:7:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind "

Many saints didn't even want to talk about hell, ever. St teresa of avila who actually seen christ and mary.

So it's not even biblical what the OP is saying, it's out of context .

God wants us to focus on love, rather then fear and staying happy as that's truly biblical.

" The Lord is full of wrath "

It's against the evil people like the NWO. Notice those passages tend towards the end of time because of how evil those in charge are. Of course a just God would be full of wrath toawards evil.

now also God used a word like wrath to make us fimiliar with that human term.

we don't know exactly what type of wrath God feals, because he is love itself, so he explains through those passage the way the human writer who writes it understands.

peace.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
2 Thes 1:8-9 (NIV) He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction...

That was I think Paul speaking not God, and Paul didn't put it the way God did.

and btw it's not a maniac but a statement of truth. How do you know he didn't say that with the utmost love.

like.

" If you do this dear soul you will go to everlasting punishment "

Telling people the truth out of love, and telling them that those who don't believe will be seperated. I think you're putting words and intent in Pauls heart.

Now as for Nahum.

It's a simple statement ahainst evil. I would rather God be an avenger against evil than someone who never destroys evil.

peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Again what else did Christ say? Btw I could do this for another 5 pages. All the loving remarks God made in context.

Jesus said to John I think when John said to jesus.

" destroy them Lord "

and Jesus said.

" I have not come to destroy souls but to save them "

And so that contradicts the maniac how the OP described.

I swear the bible should be called the holy Twister

or holy context

or holy advocate playground.

because souls twist, take out of context .

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
One more thing.

I have a myspace and every christian I meet (true christians) are upbeat happy as hell, posivite indiviuals with no hate, and yet it comes from worshipping the maniac. Obviously there is something in the bible that the OP left out that 2 billion people like.

As for me, I love Christ and his message, and believe he is God in the flesh, without unjust fear. I fear God baised on respect, but my love for God cancels all unjust fear out.

Nobody forced me too, because I wanted to, even if God said you would not go to hell after death if you don't believe, would I deny Christ?

No. ofcourse not.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It's not fear in a I'll hurt you or your below me kind of way... It is a fear that is assosiated with love....

I'm guessing you believe in bible god and the bible?

If so have you forgotten the story of Noahs Ark?- your god killed everyone except Noah and his fam-he killed little children, they all drowned- he not only hurt people he totally wiped them out, so excuse me if I dont buy that your god doesnt hurt people and is somehow connected to love.

Your god is about as far away from love as you can get as far as I can tell.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Here's a tip...

Instead of copying verses off the internet and then asking questions on them, how about you actually read that Chapter the verses are in or better yet, read that Book or even better than that, start from Genesis and work your way through?

This is like taking a puzzle piece and laying waste to it because you don't like the design yet you have no idea what the whole image of the puzzle looks like.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
From my perspective, I think it means more to fear Him like you would fear a parent. You still love them unconditionally, and vice versa, but you know to be afraid if you break a window. Or that's the way I look at it anyway, not I personally adhere to the Bible very much.
Just offering some perspective.

I also think, from what I've read, the Old Testament God is a much more angrier and possessive God than the one depicted in the New Testament. . .

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

There may be an explanation for that. Like the fact that the Israelites probably spent more time being polytheistic than monotheistic.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by pretty_vacant

There may be an explanation for that. Like the fact that the Israelites probably spent more time being polytheistic than monotheistic.

Yep because they had these aliens scaring the stuffings, out of them posing as gods like Jehovah and Yaweh.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by cindymars]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join