It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why love and respect that who asks you to fear him?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't get it
It makes no sense

The way the bible depicts God is like the new world order's big brother but worse.
Fear god

FEAR GOD??????

Why love and respect someone who is a dictator and asks you to fear him?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Those verses don't mean fear in that sense. It means to be in awe of, to revere, respect, to honor and so forth.

Think of it as like the way you would might fear disappointing your parents/family, rather than like a fear of finding a snake in your bed.

Makes a bit more sense that way. I almost hate quoting those verses because I know people won't understand the real meaning behind it, so I usually try to post the meaning separately if I do.

So lets take the verse:

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

That would mean:

To honor and respect the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

no i'm sorry that doesn't fly for me
I think that's just your interpretation of it because you might not be so fond of the real meaning behind it, so you try to sugar coat it.

Rom 1:32 (NEB) They know well enough the just decree of God, that those who behave like this deserve to die, and yet they do it; not only so, they actually applaud such practices.

Eze 18:21,30 (NIV) "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?... Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Zeph 2:3 (NIV) "Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

Isa 66:15-16 (NIV) "See, the Lord is coming with fire, and his chariots are like a whirlwind; he will bring down his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For with fire and with his sword the Lord will execute judgment upon all men, and many will be those slain by the Lord

2 Thes 1:8-9 (NIV) He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction...

Nahum 1:2 (Amp) The Lord is a jealous God and avenging, the Lord avenges and He is full of wrath; the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries and reserves wrath for his enemies.

Sorry dude but this god sounds like a raging maniac!!!
Sounds worse than Hitler.. much much worse

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I totally agree. What a crappy way to live your life, in complete fear of a god that supposed to be so full of love...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The fear is meant to keep one on their toes... is there something your hiding? than if not, why worry about it. !

It's not fear in a I'll hurt you or your below me kind of way... It is a fear that is assosiated with love....

if you loved something or someone so much it brings you so much joy to please it or him/her/god... wouldn't you fear the dissapoint and the hurt you'd inflict on your god when you turn your back on him....

It's like a father son relationship!

You lose fear in God/dad and deside to dishonor them how do you think it would feel to have to see the demise of your own son whom you love so much.

it's real simple.....
Stay on your toes and bring honor to you father/God or whatever and vice versa to your children...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheBellyofTheBeast
The fear is meant to keep one on their toes... is there something your hiding? than if not, why worry about it. !

You sound like a neocon wanting citizens to give up their rights.
I guess strict christians are best sheeple in a police state.

if you loved something or someone so much it brings you so much joy to please it or him/her/god... wouldn't you fear the dissapoint and the hurt you'd inflict on your god when you turn your back on him....

Did you not read the verses I posted?
That's not love man

It's something even Hitler himself wouldn't say

[edit on 6-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well you can believe it means whatever you want. I'm just telling you what the real meaning is.

Repent for your sins means to fix your mistakes, change your way. Repent = fix/change, sin = mistake.

And why do you have 3 different versions of the bible in your quotes?

The verses in Ezekiel 18 only says that god will judge you, so fix your mistakes.

So does that mean all the judges in a justice system are worse than Hitler and Stalin? I fail to see how God judging people has anything to do with people who slaughtered millions of innocent people.

The judgment it is talking about applies to people like that, not the innocent people and such. It doesn't even apply the vast majority of people.

Do you know the difference between the righteous, the wicked and those who are just poor in spirit?

Let me put it this way - if the bible means what you say it does, then the bible is wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
blasphemy
in order for you to know if you've commited blasphemy of the holy spirit you have to know what it is.....

If you'd like to know I'll tell you it's simple... Here it goes!
If you have spoken irreverently towards the:
"Holy Spirit (of GOD)"
where does the holy spirit come from? It comes from God!!!!!
It is God's Active Force.... HERE ON EARTH!
Active Force = something that is in progress!

what is in progress ? it is the establishment of Gods Character (as in Characteristics) her on earth and also his KINGDOM which has many mansions which he has prepared. every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess. Remember!!!
We as people love our brothers and sisters, we are all brothers and sisters.... You follow me!!!
The different ways that churches administer to people are all acceptable to GOD... christianity, judiasm, morman, jehovas witnesses, methodists, penticostle, baptist, nazarines, and so on etc... there are differences in administration (their policies) but the same ("LORD")..... and Diversities of Operations but it is the same ("GOD") that worketh all in all.....
These are GODS MANSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE(" HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD") HIS ACTIVE FORCE HAS BUILT THEM ALL ("GODS MANSIONS") AND THEY ARE ALL PLEASING TO HIM.......
HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ANY OF THEM!!!! HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD WHICH FATHERS ALL CHURCHES AND RELIGIONS AND BUILT THEM ALL FOR THE (BETTERMENT) OF MANKIND.
BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS UNFORGIVIBLE AND IS OUTRIGHT DISRESPECT AGAINST GOD AND PEOPLE (HIS CHILDREN)
MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD REACH EVERY CORNER OF THE EARTH AND ADMINISTER TO THE PEOPLE THROUGH WHATEVER OPERATION REACHES AND SAVES THEM FIRST.

I ask Where is your Hope at? What do you hope for? What cause do you support? What sacrifice have you made to better this world? Even if you knew for a fact 100% that people were wasting their time praying and Hoping and could prove it, would you show them the proof and destroy all they have hope for? or would you incourage it because you understand what its like to be hopeless and would never want someone to lose that hope? Would it make you happy to help someone that is all alone find hope in something even if it was different than what you believe or whatever you do to get through it all? If you truly have been hopeless or lost and confused and cannot find that inner peace because of lifes trials that have some how taken the joy out of everything, and you know that you can never believe in just one thing because you understand more than the average so what do you do next.

Thats a lonely place to be don't you think? Would it not bring you joy to help the Average people find hope in something and change their life forever along with the course of all mankind for the best to eliminate constant suffering...

Would you call that selflessness?

It would bring joy atleast, If there is a God, than at the end of your life you would have an added bonus for pleasing God and being a angel, Saint, good person, whatever title you want to call it, etc.

It's a win win situation isn't it?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
So does that mean all the judges in a justice system are worse than Hitler and Stalin? I fail to see how God judging people has anything to do with people who slaughtered millions of innocent people.

Did the justice system every say anything remotely similar to this:

2 Thes 1:8-9 (NIV) He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction...

WOW, and then people call Islam and extremist's religion.

Nahum 1:2 (Amp) The Lord is a jealous God and avenging, the Lord avenges and He is full of wrath; the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries and reserves wrath for his enemies.

The above also sounds like a raging lunatic

Listen man, all the quotes I gave, does the justice system speak like this?
Absolutely not!
If they did the people would revolt
but slap the label religion on it and sheep follow it blindly

This god is a maniac

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
theres different kinds of people out there in the world...

Do you know all of them?

How can you be AWARE of something, and have understanding of something if you have never lived it or done it...

Are there things that you have not experiaced that you know all about....

Please enlighten the world with your wisdom!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheBellyofTheBeast

How can I enlighten you when I don't know what you are talking about?

Please tell me what your question is without being vague.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I don't get it
It makes no sense

The way the bible depicts God is like the new world order's big brother but worse.
Fear god

FEAR GOD??????

Why love and respect someone who is a dictator and asks you to fear him?

Totally agree. As a kid I used to sit in my Fundamentalist Christian service and think WTF! I would ask my Mom who would give me some lame answer. Any god you would have to fear, awe, worship or obey can kiss my grits!

I don't think so, no!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
God isn't that strict is he? Just love people right? fear him = respect his objective and don't get in the way?

Hitler will suffer for being an animal and for manipulating the minds of vulnerable people and turning them into killers out of fear...

and the ones who injoyed the killing which i highly doubt any of them did can join him in hell.

god want's you to fear him to become or stay good. opposite of example Hitlers...

He hasn't came yet and let out his wrath on the evil... so how do you know that it won't just be 5, 100, or 1000. or any at all...

could just be for people like hitler and stalin.

every knee shall bow and tongue shall confess right?

for those like hitler and stalin who were aware of who god was they chose to try and defeat his holy people. like it says in the bible his Will be done...

Why would you get in the ring with someone that you know will kick your a.s.s. just to try... good luck....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
by you just being a good person that you are.... whether you are aware or it or not.... your a god fearing person right. Or fear the consequences of the laws of the land which are his....

I know you Fear something...
everyone does

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hey, if that is what it means then I agree. But in my experience there is no reason to fear god in such ways, and everyone I ask about that says that it doesn't mean fear in such a way. What they do say, as I gave you, actually makes sense and so forth.

The wicked are very few, and are those who manipulate and so forth. And unlike our judicial system, ignorance is actually a valid excuse. Poor is spirit means those who do not understand and so forth. It's not like god just doesn't care and so forth.

I don't fear god, but respect, revere, honor and so forth I do no doubt.

Do you really think the creator of all things and so forth would be like such? So that leaves us with 2 possibilities. Either the claim is false, or is misunderstood. I think it is misunderstood. Either way, don't believe it is as you think it is, because what you are thinking it means is obviously false - and you obviously know that.

You have a conscious and so forth and you obviously use it. You are blessed, don't worry about it. Just because some crazy man on TV wants to present things in such ways to scare the crap outta people for donations doesn't mean it's true.

And in this line, I'm just going to say so forth 1 more time since I seemed to have been addicted to the word (and so forth) in this post.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Because God at full strength is like an instantaneous catastrophic response to the BS of men. If you fear him you'll probably make better decisions and not have to deal with it. It's a request that's more for your benefit than his. Just a head's up for the definately dumb.

Its sort of like telling someone without a parachute..."Fear Gravity".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

by you just being a good person that you are.... whether you are aware or it or not.... your a god fearing person right. Or fear the consequences of the laws of the land which are his....

No me being a good person is a product of good parenting
my parents are religious, well mostly my mom

But as far as being a good person is, it was all ethics based upon which my parents guided me and mentored me.

We often used to have jehovas witnesses come to our house, and my parents always let them in and my mom would serve them tea and biscuits. My dad used to just debate with them, too often they had no idea what they were talking about.

I used to be somewhat religious while growing up, born in a Hindu family, at one point I was the most religious person in my house.
I even turned one of the jehovas witnesses into a vegetarian.

Today, I still believe in god
Just not the insane crazy meglamaniac that many believe in that I quoted in this thread.
I don't believe in organized religion, but I believe in god.. 50% of the times.

A wise statement I once heard was "One day when I was doing my daily prayers

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
P.S

Our Justice system, what justice system?

our government does everything in the dark...

if you aint apart of the group, and your a bad sheep that strays or poses a threat...

they'll just F***ing off you in the dark...
and blame it on someone else...

atleast god gives people fair warning!!!

Fear me and don't be a sick person who does
bad things consciously.....
Our justice system hides what God has the Balls to say....

I respect that over a country where faggets marry and rapists get to live... and drug dealers go free.... *

all for money or whatever or blah blah...

F**K our justice system....

our justice system has our troops slaughtering women and children in a country where Al Quida isn't even at....

If they can misguide our troops

then they can misguide a third world poverty stricken country with no freedom to crash a plan.....

We have guided missles and misguided men...

God is great and im a good person( NOW ) I fear him because im aware and still capable of the things I've done before.... but out of fear of eternal suffering I strayed and became a good person and changed my habits.... But I better watch out since I have come from the bad side of man and come over to the good side of man... I know to much and must not turn my back on what is good in this world...

I am a better person because of the fear i have in the lord, and you are safer because of it too...
I actually have come to enjoy being good....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why fear God? He is God. And yes, that IS enough, but there is so much more to God than fear.

I don't even begin to feel the need to compare God with a human or explain my fear of Him in human terms because the relationship I have with God is one of Spirit and Hope and Trust and yes, that fear thing is in there, but it is lovingly administered. Yes I fear God and I am glad I do. But I love Him in equal amounts. A relationship with God is not something you didn't have yesterday and can just decide and poof you have a relationship now, it is something you DECIDE on with your free will, then start day by day building upon.

Some scripture about Fear. You would find if you turned to the Bible for these answers, they are all in there. There is nothing that you cannot learn if you ask God and read His Word.

Fear And Wisdom
Ps 111:10 (NEB) The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and they who live by it grow in understanding...

Prov 9:10 (NEB) The first step to wisdom is the fear of the Lord, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
1. I believe the OP might be sincere but he's not listening.

2. Those !!!! marks aren't in scripture, don't add them to make it sound like they love peoples destruction.

3. God also said this in the bible.

" You NO LONGER have a spirit of FEAR "

this is biblical I don't know the passage but it's in there. So the fear he means is out of respect.

Ok let me put it like this.

1. The first dad gives you everything you wants, doesn't get mad when you talk back or disobey him and allows you to walk all over him.

2. The second dad chastises his kid out of love and his kids have a holy respectful fear for him.

Now God does the same. I know and I have experienced bith that my dad did beat me and I did fear him with a holy fear and I realized now that he truly care where my other relatives didn't give a rats ass and let me do whatever I wanted and talk back.

and so don't go misunderstanding what God is and passages like.

" Everlasting chastisement "

It's a statement of truth.

if a judge said.

" You will go to everlasting confinement in jail "

does it mean the judge is wrathful?

No.

you're putting words in Gods mouth.

God is stating a truth.

" if you do this you will pay (by your own choice) to be seperated from me in hell "

And he also said

" I want all souls to convert and love their God "

and BTW the NWO hated the God of the same bible you use and it's teachings. What the NWO is is completely antichrist and will back the real antichrist when he comes soon.

and so again, another OP without the understanding which this age lacks so much. And it's really getting annoying, but atleast the OP sounded sincere.

[peace].

top topics

<<   2 >>

join