It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Enters Senate Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Bowling Green eye doctor Rand Paul says he will seek the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Jim Bunning. Paul officially declared his candidacy Wednesday, ending months of speculation. Paul has been considering running for weeks, but he was reluctant to run against the 77-year-old Bunning, who announced his retirement last week. Paul is the son of Texas Congressman Ron Paul, who ran a failed bid for the Republican nomination for the presidency last year."
SOURCE: WFPL News

Rand Paul seems to subscribe to very similar views as his father, most importantly, adhering to the constitution.

"Paul, like his father, is a strict constitutionalist who believes in traditional Republican principles like small government and a free-market approach to the economy."
SOURCE: CNN News

For more information about Rand Paul and his stance on many issues, visit his website Rand Paul 2010

I've never had much hope or faith in politicians, but I'm feeling a glimmer of hope today to think that Rand Paul might be representing my state in the U.S. senate. I might be wrong, but if he's like his father, Ron Paul, then perhaps we might actually have someone in office who will advocate for and represent the will of the people of the commonwealth of Kentucky, as well as someone who is interested in upholding the Constitution.

I will learn as much as I can about Rand Paul to determine if his interest in running for senate is self-serving or if he is truly interested in solving problems in order to make the world, and my neck-of-the-woods a better place to live.

Edited for grammar

[edit on 6-8-2009 by cornblossom]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
With a name like 'Rand' it's got to be good.

Interesting to see if Kentucky enjoys liberty.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I sure would like to see both of our senators, whomever they will be, actually represent the will of the people.

Here's something Rand said that really resonates with me:

"I don't see things in terms of Republican verses Democrat," he said. "I see in terms of issues and whether they're good or bad, and I think that will strike a chord with people."
SOURCE

I feel the same way. I don't really care about political affiliation; I care about the issues and how they affect me and my fellow citizens.

I'm trying not to get too excited about the possibility of Dr. Paul running, but it sure is nice to feel some hope. I will keep reading what I can about him to see if he's as great as he comes across to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think its a shame how the media kept Ron Paul away from the American people. All I heard during the primaries was Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama....

I could seriously go on with Obama Obama Obama for ten pages or more and that wouldn't even cover the brain washing that went on. How on earth can You have free and fair elections when You have the media acting as the gate keepers for the elite. They program the people and the people even believe they have a choice. Why on earth did We not hear anything about Alan Keyes, Cynthia Mc'Kinny, Dennis Kuciniche, Ralph Nater, or Ron Paul. I mean seriously any of these people would have been 1000000000% better that the POS we have right now. I wonder if the Obama Zombies realize they were duped?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom

... doctor Rand Paul ...
SOURCE: WFPL News

While I agree with Ron Paul's politics, I am not sure I will like any ol' Rand() Paul.

Jon

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864
Why on earth did We not hear anything about Alan Keyes, Cynthia Mc'Kinny, Dennis Kuciniche, Ralph Nater, or Ron Paul.

That's a good question. I wish the media would have given more coverage to them because it can help people make better informed decisions on who to vote for if the media gives all the candidates equal coverage. But I guess they have a different agenda.

new topics

top topics

join