It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security vs NASA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.cbp.gov...

A Historic Declaration: Welcoming Apollo 11 Crew Back to Earth
07/20/2009

An Apollo 11 crewmember at work on the moon, July 1969.
It was 40 years ago this week that man walked, and worked, on the moon.

Forty years ago, as an amazed world watched, Neil Armstrong took one small step to complete mankind’s giant leap to the moon. But it was the Apollo 11 crew’s return to earth that presented the predecessor of Customs and Border Protection with its first-ever opportunity to screen galactic travelers.

On July 24, 1969, customs inspectors at Honolulu, Hawaii filled out a general declaration form for the space travelers. Recording their trip from Cape Kennedy to the moon and back to Hawaii, the form listed “moon rock and moon dust samples” as the cargo.

Signed by Apollo 11 crew Cdr. Neil A. Armstrong, Col. Edwin E. Aldrin Jr. and Lt. Col. Michael Collins, the form had a little fun with the modern-day explorers. In answer to the question: “Any other condition on board which may lead to the spread of disease,” the entry was, “To be determined.” ( Apollo 11 General Declaration (pdf - 1,047 KB.) )

Which number to call first?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
phone them both. Let them fight each other for the glory.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

What's your point?

Rather than a second line, how about a pointless graphic:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/128c984ec9a5.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by DJW001]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok...I'm a Kurt Vonnegut Jr. fan too. Why was the post referenced in your signiature deleted and why was the user banned? Gives an error message when I try to pull it up and sends me to a Yahoo page having to do with cosmetics. This thread, itself, though started today, shows last post Apr. 8. My phone and my keyboard no longer reference numbers with letters so I can't compare the two numbers you listed. Connect the dots here for me please. Signed, intrigued. P.S. Does this have to do with muslim outreach by NASA?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Ok...I'm a Kurt Vonnegut Jr. fan too. Why was the post referenced in your signiature deleted and why was the user banned? Gives an error message when I try to pull it up and sends me to a Yahoo page having to do with cosmetics. This thread, itself, though started today, shows last post Apr. 8. My phone and my keyboard no longer reference numbers with letters so I can't compare the two numbers you listed. Connect the dots here for me please. Signed, intrigued. P.S. Does this have to do with muslim outreach by NASA?

Might be, erhh like lost tapes of Osama bin Laden.
Now it says

www.cbp.gov...
CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

Welcome to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website.

but.. the text was copied to ATS! (tip: look the OP)
and there was more:

Let's hope that they were not Honduras moon rocks smugglers posed as the american space heroes.
Do you reckon "phone them both" as the 2nd poster suggested, just to be sure that the border was secure on July 24, 1996 at Honolulu airport.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think I get it. Perhaps NASA's site with this poster crashed due to large call volume and that's why it's not available and other dreams I dare to voice.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think I get it. Perhaps NASA's site with this poster crashed due to large call volume and that's why it's not available and other dreams I dare to voice.

During my research, I've figured out that mysterious custom officer [CO] obtained the paper copy of this declaration in 90s and then forwarded scan to famous professor who was involved in Apollo CM and LEM guidance computer design. The old prof. has retired from NASA but was interested in collection Apollo historical artifacts, so he called NASA History Office; to his surprise NASA confirmed the authenticity! So keen prof. got back to the CO and asked for the paper original; but the CO told that this was the joke/hoax and disappeared.

Then on around celebration dates of Apollo the scan appeared somewhere in media and dumb journalists herald it as the documented proof of Apollo 11 moon landing. Then the scan wiped out from the sites. It goes on and on.
Maybe CO use it as the way to claim the interest, instead of selling it for one pay-off? or the last time we saw the doc on CBP site and the final payment arranged?

It took me long time to trace all of these with the help of Wayback Machine - bless the internet!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokonon2010

Then on around celebration dates of Apollo the scan appeared somewhere in media and dumb journalists herald it as the documented proof of Apollo 11 moon landing. Then the scan wiped out from the sites. It goes on and on.
Maybe CO use it as the way to claim the interest, instead of selling it for one pay-off? or the last time we saw the doc on CBP site and the final payment arranged?

It took me long time to trace all of these with the help of Wayback Machine - bless the internet!

My, aren't you wonderful. But what on Earth are you talking about?
www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
My, aren't you wonderful. But what on Earth are you talking about?
www.space.com...

The article was written by Senior Editor Tariq Malik.
Have you checked if he is writing about Osama tapes too, or only just for NASA Muslim Outrich program?

Oh, and could you ask your friends, when they go through US Customs next time, to entertain some more jokes like that? Just to check what their answers would be.
Hope that we cherish the humor of the government officials together,
and eagerly wait for da Apollo sequel by Sacha Baron Cohen.

[edit on 6.8.2010 by bokonon2010]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I still have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe it would help if you could concentrate on one (or maybe two) thoughts at a time.

I was pointing out that your amazing research doesn't really seem to have been necessary. The scan of the declaration form is readily available, as is the story behind it. You said it had been "wiped".

I can see that you don't like Muslims (or is it Jews? Again, hard to tell) but are you sure that Tariq Malik is one? As far as I can tell he doesn't work for NASA, he's the managing editor for Space.com.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I still don't get it I guess. Call me dense beyond belief. Read the link that Phage posted. It's a story from 2009 and yet the copyright info says 2010 and yet it's under the heading of news and yet and yet the ads are 2010. Why would it be reprinted as news today?

Also am still wondering where the stuff went from the other links - the actual goverrnment sites. And why the NASA poster inviting me to call in and report crimes is unavailable. And why the customs declaration is unavailable on the government site.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

It's not new news, it's old news. It was new on July 24, 2009.

It's not "reprinted" today.The space.com page is simply the news archive. It's going to be there tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. Look at the URL "090724-customs-apollo11.html"

Here is today's news.
www.space.com...

And why the customs declaration is unavailable on the government site.

It is available.
www.cbp.gov...
The OP is not a very good researcher, or just expects people to believe him.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The scan of the declaration form is readily available, as is the story behind it. You said it had been "wiped".

Lie, shame on you. I've referred to the media versions of the story prior 2009.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Can anyone please paraphrase what the issue here is? What's the DHS got to do with this?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It is available.
www.cbp.gov...
The OP is not a very good researcher, or just expects people to believe him.

The link has changed, the OP was before that (it has time stamp from ATS).
So you lied again and then attempted undermine my credibility based on your lies and misquotations. Shame on you.

and you desperately trying to avoid the main issue:

from space.com
A copy of the U.S. Customs form filled out by Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins after their return to Earth on July 24, 2009. Credit: NASA/U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.

who is the joker here:
1) Tariq Malik
2) space.com
3) NASA
4) CBP department of Homesec
some of them, all of them, none of them?

make your mind (could you?) or just chose between 16 options from combinatorics.

Then tell us if the July 24, 1969 Apollo 11 splashdown historical event
could be ridiculed
by either NASA, Homesec, Mr. President (as seen capsule from his uncle shoulders), or just some respected Tariq Malik writings,
then what other proof of the Apollo "as it happened" the public may have?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You are too easy with serious insults and you are acting like a jackass. I have lied about nothing. The document is readily available. It has not been "wiped". You said nothing about it appearing the the media prior to 2009.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm still not clear on what the argument is here.
Is it that the astronauts splashed down on the 24th but didn't actually get to customs until a number of days later and yet the document is dated the 24th?
Is it that the document was unlocatable but now is? That has happened to me too and it was around that time that I learned about screen shots which you have also mastered.
Is it that the 2 entities, Homeland Security and NASA, are both acting like law enforcement agencies?
Is it that the document became available in 2009 on the internet whereas before it was myth?
I'm not familiar with the journalists you mention except for the 1 article in Phage's link that I read. Please go more slowly so that I can understand what it is that you in your research have discovered.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I still don't get it I guess. Call me dense beyond belief. Read the link that Phage posted. It's a story from 2009 and yet the copyright info says 2010 and yet it's under the heading of news and yet and yet the ads are 2010. Why would it be reprinted as news today?

Also am still wondering where the stuff went from the other links - the actual government sites. And why the NASA poster inviting me to call in and report crimes is unavailable. And why the customs declaration is unavailable on the government site.

oig.nasa.gov...
NASA Office Inspector General Hotline is still on.

NASA OIG is the department of NASA that are responsible (among other things)
for overseeing public interests according NASA charter.
They investigate fraud and negligence of NASA officials or NASA contractors, and publish regular reports on such cases;
do they report directly to the Congress or NASA Admin - not sure, but
I have read their reports on lost 'apollo tapes', cases of private sales of Space artifacts (considered as US public treasures) incl. Apollo program 'flown' items,
moon rocks(remember famous Honduras moon rock - case United States vs Moon Plaque), etc.

and the scan of Apollo 11 custom declaration is still on CBP site, as pointed by Phage, though the link URL address has changed since my OP last year.

Some (phage?) suggested a kind of 'mischief' behavior either from space.com senior editor, US Custom Border Patrol, or NASA History Office.
Maybe.. but why did not indicate this as 1st April joke, and publish around Apollo moon landings celebrations dates.
Should gov officials be allowed mock the Apollo historical events? Ask Buzz Aldrin...

Alternatively who was posing as Apollo crew on 24 July, 1969 at Honolulu airport? Any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Please address the Topic and stop the Personal Sniping.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokonon2010
Some (phage?) suggested a kind of 'mischief' behavior either from space.com senior editor, US Custom Border Patrol, or NASA History Office.
Maybe.. but why did not indicate it as 1st April joke, and publish around Apollo moon landings celebrations dates.

I "suggested" nothing. I posted a link for something you said had been "wiped". Why don't you just say what you mean. Nobody seems to understand what your point is.

It has not been "wiped".
2007:
random-byte.blogspot.com...

It was no secret. 1970:

Honolulu (AP) - The world's first customs declaration for imported goods from outer space hangs on Dr. Ernest Murai's office wall.

source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join