It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IR footage in a field, England

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by askbaby and post by badmedia

Please be aware that this is NOT thermal infrared footage. It is visible and near infrared footage. There is a huge difference. This means that the image is not representative of temperature and therefore animals will NOT glow.

I posted this earlier but it needs to be cleared up:

"The camera used for the OP footage is sensitive to visible and near infrared light. Objects at ambient temperatures do not radiate in this part of the spectrum. In order to image the heat from objects that are at or near ambient temperatures a specialized device called a thermal imager is required which uses a microbolometer focal plane array for an image sensor which is sensitive to wavelengths in the thermal infrared part of the spectrum. Normal cameras us a CCD or CMOS focal plane array for an image sensor which is sensitive to the visible and near infrared part of the spectrum. Radiation of energy in the near infrared part of the spectrum is associated with temperatures of many hundreds of degrees Celsius."

edit to clarify

[edit on 7-8-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Something doesn't sound right here. This guy somehow knew where not one, but *two* crop circles would appear, and just happened to get some sort of image before it happened? Doesn't anyone find this a very remarkable coincidence? In fact, it is so remarkable that this news, by itself and without any photographic images, would be noteworthy.

So how did this guy know there'd be any activity here, much less crop circles?

I don't knw a whole lot about IR imagery and equipment, but this stuff was for very low lighting. I *do* know that such sensitive equipment is prone to showing anomalies, often in the form of pixels that randomly fire, making it look like some sort of image (for digital cameras). Highly sensitive film also exhibits spurious grains that may seem to indicate a hot spot. I don't know that they'd form bright spots that flash - I only know this happens with still cameras. However, I'm thinking the principle is the same. Oh, yes. High sensitivity also translates into some persistence of any image that does form - but again, I have not heard of anything that would make it flash twice.

But still, I'm highly skeptical until they explain how this guy just happened to know that there would be activity right where he happened to be pointing his camera. That, to me, makes about as much sense as me going out and pointing a camera into the sky at random, and just happening to capture a UFO. Twice.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi interesting this one, for me it feels like a time lapse film, wouldn't be too difficult to do and any frames with an individual caught in the shot could be removed without disrupting the flow of the animation too much particularly as it is at such high speed - so whilst it's purely speculation on my part my instincts say that this feels animated. The grey blobs and flashlight could be the dudes who made this as the quality is pretty low they really could be anything but for the most logical thing is that they are from earth.

Would dearly love this to be the real deal though ..

B

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
In response to those of you who have made comments regarding Linda Moulton Howe, I have to say, I think her work is very suspect too. I truly dislike her interviewing style (she speaks like an automaton) and the fact that she flogs her DVD's all the time really irks me. It has caused her to lose all of her credibility with me.

Sadly though, I think she hit an all time low on July 30th, 2009 when she was being interviewed by George Noory on the Coast to Coast AM radio show. She was reporting live from a field in Wiltshire, UK. She was accompanied by two videographers who had, on June 14, 2009, videotaped a UFO hovering and moving about the field. She reported that the videotape ran continuously for over 30 minutes. She explained that one of the videographers was unable to see the UFO with the naked eye and walked out to the part of the field where it was hovering. The other videographer was guiding him since he was able to see the UFO clearly in the camera's view finder. The guy in the field reported that when he arrived at the spot where the UFO was, he reached up and felt energy passing down his arm. He still could not see the UFO.

AMAZING STUFF!!! Finally, we have videotape footage with a human body in the frame to help scale the UFO and determine it's size. It ran for 30 minutes and the camera was tripod mounted for stability. By all accounts this could be considered irrefutable evidence of a UFO. If it were my video evidence, I would have it on Youtube, ATS, CNN...you name it. I would want the debunkers to see it and I would want experts to see it and analyze the hell out of it.

What did Linda Moulton Howe say about it? She said that due to a contractual obligation between the cameramen and some TV production company, the video CAN'T be released since it will be part of a documentary to be released sometime later in the year. In other words, it is going to be sold and will not be placed in the public domain for all to see. Does Linda Moulton Howe own the production company perhaps? Keep your eyes open for her amazing video evidence of UFO's sometime soon for only $29.99.

For someone who is supposedly trying to get the word out, she has done a fine job of putting profits first. Linda Moulton Howe has lost all credibility with me. Like George Noory always says when he discusses the source of corruption and deception, 'follow the money...".

I won't even listen to her anymore. If George Noory has her on the show again, I won't be listening. Why he idolizes her, I have no idea - she is soooooooooooo hard to listen to.

Here's the link on her site - www.earthfiles.com...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by mythirdone]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kongfuzi
I don't know much about whether this is real or not, but I like the description of the comparison of the height of the grass and the height of the "entity," he must be "two rabbits tall"! Adorable!

Never thought about that. Imagine if we all used that style of measurement.

I'd be 6 rabbits, 3 budgies tall. Or 7 cats in old speak.

And it would take 4 cows, 1 sheep to stop a car speeding at 10km over the speed limit.

ahh...

Oh and for the person who said you can tell the fakes from the real ones - I guess you have to call all crop circles real. As in, they are real. It's who makes them and under what circumstance they are revealed that is either fake/hoax or real.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

Originally posted by easynow
the entity might be a fox or some other animal ?

that's what somebody said in my thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does a fox emit light?

A fire fox might... Have to ask mozilla about it..

Sorry, had to..

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
OK, really, you can make out human shapes in this. The IR of the field looks very, very much like the wind moving the field grasses. Nothing I can see that looks significant, except the guys trying to make a crop circle or something (possibly?).

Paz

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
All I can say is I don't think that the weaving is possible for humans to do in the dark in ANY length of time. I don't feel like the CC designs are of human origin for the most part. Some are just too beautiful. IF I were an alien race I think CC's would be a great way to let those humans know that they were not alone without freaking them out. It's a calling card

except it's not in the dark
Infrared... so humans doing that in front of an infra-red camera would be like daylight.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mythirdone

The fact that a UFO can't be seen with the naked eye, and the video camera operator was 'guiding' the other person to the UFO, is really suspect. It allows for the video to look like the person has no idea what he's doing, and it fits, and is explainable. Video editing can be done to put in the UFO and the whole thing is sensationally presented with a clear reason for the awkwardness of the persons being videoed. I wouldn't believe this one if I were paid to.

Paz

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Ummmhh, please explain to me what infrared would look like if an animal that is laying in the grass sleeping let out a huge ripper fart.

A big nasty fart (expulsion of gas) would most likely be visible in infrared especially on a cool night and would escape into the air, make a weird pattern and then dissipate quickly.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

As dainoyfb has said twice, this is near infrared, not thermal imaging, this type of image just shows the images as seen in the wavelength closer to what we can see, while the thermal infrared is much "far away" on the spectrum.

Edited to add that if someone uses a remote command from a TV, for example, it will show on these images, and they are not emitting any heat.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't know about the dark spots moving around but the basket weave crop circle is amazing!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by ahamarlin

The video showing it happening in a wave like action is CRAZZZZZZY

Have you not got wind in your country?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by ahamarlin

Wow, finally a crop circle that actually looks alien!
There have beens so many fake looking ones recently... the fact that this doesnt feel man made is a big sigh of relief.
This dude was incredibly lucky to film it... what are the chances!

Take another look at the closer images of this crop circle the horizontal lines in the weive are all over the place hardly any are in a stright line and the blades are slightly different to each other, don't you think if an advanced race created this they'd get it bang on. I'm sure a couple of pro makers starting from the outside with a fixed datum in the centre doing one wieve at a time going in an anti/clockwise motion working there way inwards could do it in a couple of hours. Im no skeptic but im not convinced.

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

A couple of years ago a friend of mine was out lamping on farm land in Nottinghamshire when a ball of light about the size of a football (soccer)shot out of the hedgerow about a hundred meters away heading directly to the 4x4 at great speed, came to a dead stop within feet of the bonnet and shot of at a right angle and disappeared. My friend is in his late 50's has no belief in the paranormal is the most genuine person I know and wouldn't lie and to tell you the truth he thinks nothing of this experience it happened that's it to him. To my knowledge there have been no CC in our county. What was it, what was it doing and why are they only spotted on farm land?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
The wocen crop circle has already been discussed and debunked on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh really, I went through the thread, didn't see any proof debuking this CC ... please show the post, guess I could have missed it. But no not debunked, sorry...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think it's obvious Circlemakers.org designed and made the crop circle. They are based in Wiltshire, and they will travel.
I hate to say it.... But this is a case of Occam's/Ockham's razor. Crop circles= money. If you keep buying into them, they will keep on making($) them!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A couple of years ago a friend of mine was out lamping on farm land in Nottinghamshire when a ball of light about the size of a football (soccer)shot out of the hedgerow about a hundred meters away heading directly to the 4x4 at great speed, came to a dead stop within feet of the bonnet and shot of at a right angle and disappeared. My friend is in his late 50's has no belief in the paranormal is the most genuine person I know and wouldn't lie and to tell you the truth he thinks nothing of this experience it happened that's it to him. To my knowledge there have been no CC in our county. What was it, what was it doing and why are they only spotted on farm land?

It doesn't have to be paranormal, what your friend saw could be ball lightning or Earth lights which appear to be caused by geological pressures in the Earth's crust. I'd guess that it was ball lightning, myself. Could be that your friend had a lucky escape!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

Which of 4+ videos did you pause and at what exact time did you pause it to confidently discern what exactly it is and how it is a fake?
I went through all of them pausing, taking screen shots, and blowing them up to 500%.

I can't make anything out.

Please enlighten us.

The cameras are not perfect and this simply good be a technical glitch.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

Is it just me or are people who do not believe in CC's being other made the man-made?

IF one READS all what is written on the site circlemakers.org, one can also read that even the circlemakers themselves have experienced some really weird stuff.

www.circlemakers.org...

Like being witness to a strange orange ball of light
Other anomalies: possibly alien light forms
A small white disc (back in 1991)

So YES there are crop circles being made by man. But .... maybe when one makes cc's, one works with Sacred Geometry then, it could also be a form of 'communication'?

Like I said before: IR is a wavelength where humans can NOT see. There can very well be other wavelenghts we can't even (YET) see while using tools such as IR cams.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Oh yeah, you forgot to add the changes in the soil composition in relation to WHERE in certain circles, up to seven LAYERS of overlapping wheat going in opposite directions per layer, lines thinner than a person or board, magnetic anomalies and a few other things that have no relation whatsoever to a guy with a board.

Are some circles fake?.. well duh.
Are some real? well duh..

b

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join