It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Play Dice with the Universe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well I see alot of folk here claiming to KNOW that god exists or that he's actually doing something with our lives.

I'd just like to point out that however deep your relationship with "your" God is, you really don't know if he's there or not.

Sorry folks, but you DON"T know. Just like I don't know and everybody else doesn't know anything.

We have educated assumptions.

On topic, I would assume that if there was some supreme being who created it all, he probably didn't just make us, he probably made a whole bundle of other life forms. And if humanity is a reflection is progress, than I would assume that anything else he's created is far more advanced than us.

That being said, we would be the "test" run. Now, ofcourse he would had messed with us a little bit in the beginning, to test his coding and make the appropriate changes, however after a while he probably got bored and moved on to bigger and better things.

That's just my guess however, as again, I know nothing, and neither do any of you

My belief is as follows:

The Universe has an energy to it, it gives us life, is that energy aware? As much as you and I are. Does it make decisions by proxy for certain individuals, no, how could it?

We all just live in a mundane world of coincidences that are so unbelievably amazing sometimes (remember we are the petri dish experiment) that we have no choice but to appoint some sort of figure that event.

In the end everythign we know and believe in is our construct, it's not come from some outside force. Therefore only an educated opinion made with our very limited view of the grand scheme.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
For whatever my opinion is worth,.. I am in the belief that we may be a giant experiment. Sort of an ant farm.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Sure, if "God" at one point started out as a small ant and became so much more.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Of course.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
No, we do. God is simply a random occurance of events, of which it's power is within everything bit of space and time, matter etc, we are the dice and we roll ourselves, every choice we make as much as the keys you just hit impacts this entire world.

Destiny, or whatever is very interesting, it's like you can look at 3 doors, and you can walk through whichever one you want, but you know there will be another 3 doors.

Those 3 doors are what I call, the good choice door #1, the neutral choice #2, and the bad choice #3.

The more humans that take #3, the crappier this world will become.

=P

I like your response. I, like you, believe that we humans roll our own dice on decisions we make on earth. However, there are things that are out of our control as well; like natural disasters for instance. For example, Yellow Stone pops off or an asteroid or comet stikes the earth; man has no role in any of those decisions.

There is certainly some kind of administrator at work in terms of balancing reality. Geez, this type of discussion makes my head throb. Non-the-less, I find it interesting and thought provoking. I view reality as an onion with an infinite amount of layers to be peeled but in the end we may never find the pulp. That analogy could be the sub atomic world that physicists speak of? Infinity is something the human mind will never grasp because humans are finite where infinity is not.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by ChemBreather

Sure, if "God" at one point started out as a small ant and became so much more.

Well, I think rather it is more like if you went out and bought an fishtank and bread(breed?) some fish in there, you are god, and was there before the fishtank , and created the fishe's universe...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You are simply denying in others what you yourself lack. As you do not know, you feel it is impossible for anyone else to know. And I am speaking from experience there, because I figured the same thing at one time. Actually, right up until the moment I seen for myself. I just accept it as fact that we do this, but I do realize we do this.

Real knowledge is understanding, and once you understand then it's no different from knowing 3+4=7 is true, and 4+5=2 is false. You know based on your understanding.

Is it relative and subjective? Sure, and for that reason we express it in many different ways. But those with understanding will be able to see the true expressions from the false one.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If I knew who "God" was I can attempt to answer this question. As for implying that God is a gambler, isn't that sacrilege or something?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join