It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a good thing or bad and is it a violation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I recently made an appointment to get my fingerprint and biometrics done at the bcis office.

I'm a little weary, they said it would take 2 hrs to get it done. Get what done?

Is this a good thing or bad. I'm not a criminal, I just believe that this kind of garbage is a violation.

And 2 hrs? I don't understand. Someone please enlighten me here.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I recently made an appointment to get my fingerprint and biometrics done at the bcis office.

First off, why the hell would you make an appointment to do this in the first place. Do you have to?

I would be wary too. They are probably checking to see if you are a criminal.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

First off, why the hell would you make an appointment to do this in the first place. Do you have to?

I would be wary too. They are probably checking to see if you are a criminal.

Plus Government offices are notoriously inefficient. You'll probably be hanging around for ages just waiting to be seen. I suggest you take a book to read.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
THere was an opening for 11am. So I took it.

I don't know if you "have" to, but i'm going to check into it, because if you "have to" I don't want to become a US citizen that bad.

So if you know anything about biometrics or if I don't have to, let me know.

So far i've read some offices do face scans, eye scans, finger prints whichis a given.

They say these countries will have to be fingerprinted, citizens of countries who do not need a visa to enter the U.S. (visa waiver countries) will have to be fingerprinted, at all air and sea ports, the same as citizens from other countries who do need a visa to enter the U.S. The countries affected are Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

But I don't see Canada in the above.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
So far i've read some offices do face scans, eye scans, finger prints whichis a given.

They say these countries will have to be fingerprinted, citizens of countries who do not need a visa to enter the U.S..

The UK is the one that sticks in my head, being that my husband is British and I've spent lots of time with these wonderful people.

Nice way to treat a country that has it's head up your ASS, Bushmeister.

PRICK !!!!!! (where's a good #-you icon when you need one ?)

Sorry guys, this seriously pisses me off. We let in Mexicans by the truckload, but we just HAVE to hassle those who fight with us and/or are on our side.

WTF is up with that ??????

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
bcis= bureau of customs & immigration something?

top topics

join