It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you accept science's explanation of what's under the Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ie, a plastic mantle, liquid outer core creating our magnetic field, solid inner core. or do you think it's just a wild guess?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It seems quite logical doesn't it. How we see star systems form fits quite well with their theory

Why, what do you believe?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yeah I believe it...I can't see why someone would even need to make that up

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How far have down have we actually seen and confirmed? I can accept the status quo based on available evidence but wouldn't be surprised if when we actually get down there if somethings aren't as we expected.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think main stream science is full of 'flat earther's'. I was listening to c2c last night, and the guest was Stan Freeman.

He sounded like an interesting charactor, and he repeated what I've heard so many times. When someone has an idea, or theory out of the realm of Mainstream, the mainstream literally will purposefully sqwash the theory..... It's amazing the narrow banwidth the 'flatearther's' control..

"THINK THIS WAY".

Sooo, to answer your question I absolutely believe the Earth is hollow. Mainstream will laugh, but the theories are solid........ S&F

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

a plastic mantle?i thought the mantel was made of molten rock?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
it's funny science also says the core is so thick they don't know what's down there but science also says it's a "magnetic core". I don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
it's funny science also says the core is so thick they don't know what's down there but science also says it's a "magnetic core". I don't buy it.

You might want to consider the "new & improved" version of "weird science" which seems to change from one "paradigm" to the next with little or no embarrassment or repercussions for basically preaching "mumbo jumbo" as "truth/science".
Ocean currents may control Earth's magnetic field

Movement in a conducting liquid generates electricity and magnetism, and the accepted theory has been that it's the swirling molten metal at the Earth's core that is responsible. But according to research from Northwestern University it's actually seawater - which is conductive because of the dissolved salt - that produces the effect.

"The currently predominant theory is that the cause of Earth's magnetic field is molten iron flowing in the outer core. There is at present no direct evidence for either theory."

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I take it as a guess, or "theory" as it is often referred, but I don't simply accept it as fact. I don't accept physics as fact, either. This will often lead to a long debate between my brother and I, but the short version of my argument is this: we human earthlings are very young. I'd say we are at kindergartner level, trying to explain our universe and our world as best as we can with what we have. But we are just getting started, with so much more to discover and learn that it is silly to think that we have figured out the answers with our young math.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its the same old thing....you are told how it is and if you question it you are an idiot.

Why would the earths core be molten anyway. Is there a reason. Could be a big crystal.

Always question it. The inner earth theory seems just as possible.

I suppose its like Darwins theory of evolution. Keeps many people happy...but also seems absolutely ridiculous at the same time.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm extremely skeptical of the official viewpoint. Idk if the Earth is hollow or not, but I think it's more than likely at least one aspect of the layer theory is totally wrong.

As for the mantle being "plastic", I don't mean like the industrial petroleum plastics used to make Pepsi bottles, I mean it's said to be solid but also very slowly moving (kinda like glass I guess).

The mantle is actually not liquid according to theory (at least not primarily). The magma melts when the pressure is released and it escapes to the crust, like how a soda will turn to fizz when the cap is removed.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i always thought the core would have to be solid due to the pressures placed on it, i just dont see how it could expand to liquid or molten state..

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I believe the earth i not hollow. If it were hollow, then the tectonic plates would not be moving along or floating along anything. Besides, if the earth was hollow then its mass would be much lighter than what it is. Im not 100% sure but I think that if the earth was light enough to be hollow, then the gravity on the surface would be much lower than it actually is.

The average density of Earth is 5,515 kg/m3. Since the average density of surface material is only around 3000 kg/m3, we must conclude that denser materials exist within Earth's core.

In other words, the earth can not be hollow because it would collapse in on itself. So there must be more dense materials underneath to support the massive weight of the crust. So thats my basis of why I think the earth is not hollow

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I really have no idea whether or not I buy the currently accepted theory.
There are too many unknowns.
Have we ever attempted to drill down as far as we could go to see what's
down there? That would be interesting, stick some cameras on a giant drill
and snoop around a bit.

I'm going to go watch Journey to the Center of the Earth now.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
I really have no idea whether or not I buy the currently accepted theory.
There are too many unknowns.
Have we ever attempted to drill down as far as we could go to see what's
down there? That would be interesting, stick some cameras on a giant drill
and snoop around a bit.

I'm going to go watch Journey to the Center of the Earth now.
pretty sure some russians did that in the 80s.

apparently towards the end of the project they started hearing human screams and moans so they stopped

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by careface

Now that you mention it I had actually heard something about
this very thing! I'm fairly certain that I was heard it on c2c
a handful of years ago....been awhile.

Now i'm extremely interested, i'm going to look around and see
what I can find on the subject. Be back if anything of note turns up

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by careface
apparently towards the end of the project they started hearing human screams and moans so they stopped

That was proven to be a hoax a while back. I think there's even a thread on ATS about it.

The deepest hole drilled to date is the SG-3 borehole which is 12.3 km (7.6 miles)[6] deep, part of the Kola Superdeep Borehole project, and thus visual knowledge of the Earth's structure extends that far.

The above is the deepest we have ever gone into the earths surface

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks Oz, I actually just found the article and subsequent
investigations into the origins of the story. Some old Russian dude
was just having some fun

We need to drill deeper, DEEPER I SAY!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

I don't take it as a truth it's just a guess. Science before has been wrong.

You mentioned sea water and it rang a bell with something in the bible about the flood of noah. Science said it couldn't happen not enough rain and not enough ground water because the bible say the fountains of the deep opened.

Perhaps the core is water or some part of whats under the crust. Maybe 4000 years ago they knew a heck of a lot more than we do today.

But that would be an absurd thought primitive people just go lucky with calendars and astrology and prymids and all that kind of stuff.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hello, my first post ever on ATS - I would like to add my opinion, With all the volcano's both on land and underwater spilling out liquid magma that is of extreme heat it would make sense that underneath earths crust there would have to be the inner cores which would be of a liquid state, i'd love to think there is another type of 'middle earth' but I highly doubt it due the the intensive heat. Scientist may not be 100% right what is below us but I'd say they are on the money.

cheers
J

new topics

top topics

join