It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 - Resetting the debt clock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have just read a thread where a person said that "2010 cannot come soon enough".

This actually shocked me as 2010 is seen in some circle as Doomsday for mankind. Are people really wishing and hoping that this even actually happens?

Are we so mad at our leadership or mad at ourselves for not being immune to the worlds evils and hardships? If we were financially successful and buffered against all that troubles us ATS'ers, would we still be wishing for 2010 to come?

What do we actually expect to happen? All our debts to be magically forgiven? Most of mankind to be destroyed except us leaving some sort of Utopia where we can frolick in the pastures with supermodels? The Rapture?

Personally, I don't think it is good karma to wish anything on ourselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I agree and I do not understand why anyone would want the end of the world in any sense to come. Have they not thought it thru and figured out they could die too or at least suffer? Don't they have any friends or family that they care about?
Honestly it seems like the end of the world/reset etc would suck!
FTR I'm a christian but I'm not sure I believe in that rapture stuff and as stated, am not looking forward to TEOTWAWKI or the SHTF or armageddon or whatever.
I had heard about 2012 end times stuff but not 2010. What supposed to happen in 2010? Did they move the 2012 stuff up two years because they just couldn't wait that long?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

I am very interested in your comments about being Christian but not believing in "rapture stuff". Do you know what the definition of rapture is? Until I looked it up, I assumed is was a negative thing. Don't take this the wrong way, but seems like your a weekend warrior Christian to me simply because you can not pick or choose which part of your religion to believe in. You either have faith in it 100% or you should choose another practice.

Religion is the business of spirituality. Your church has your money, but that's about all they care about.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

Actually I was thinking 2012 as well - the whole Mayan Calendar thing ... but it seems that you can pick a date, any date, and there will be some group that has picked it as the End of Days.

The Good News is that Ethiopia uses a different calendar to us, so if we run out of dates for End of Days we can start using theirs.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
can I say in the last year of Jubilee (1999/2000? I forget)
I was so far in debt it was a joke, I had everything repo'ed and had no fix address, job, life...

After Jubilee, my debit was gone......I kid you not.
I had a seriously bad credit rating because of irresponsible lending practices to a teenager by money institutions.. and bad money management on my behalf.

A few years later I got my life back on track( thanks God), and now I was engaged...I told my girlfriend that I had past problems etc and I decided to find out my credit rating and how much I owed as so we may have a chance to to buy a house etc for our future.

Nothing
Not one cent of debit, nor any history of past problems....
No name change, no tricks, I was so shocked I got another 2 reports and same result.

I now own my own house....(or I own my own mortgage LOL)

What do we actually expect to happen? All our debts to be magically forgiven?

No I don't, but miracles do happen!!!!!!!

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 297GT]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I wish I wish ... for a Debt Resetting event, no more, no less.

*sigh* such dreams and fantasies I have.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The crash of the US dollar(which will be carefully orchestrated) will allow the government to abolish all paper/coin currency at which point they will deploy the fully electronic monetary system. AKA RFI.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by absconditussapientia

Scary - Do you realise how many economies that will ruin? Zimbabwe is recovering since they abandoned their own economy and adopted the US Dollar and South African rand as accepted currencies.

When I was in Nigeria, the US dollar was commonly accepted by money lenders on the streets in exchange for Naira. The exchange rates were rather decent and better than the official rate.

I am sure many other countries have a black-market US Dollar based economy too.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Now your getting the picture
!!!

What a better way to bring in the NWO by crashing the entire worlds economic infrastructure. Get them the RFI chip too.

Why not.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by absconditussapientia

I don't know ... a lot of the billionaires of the world are US Dollar billionaires ... surely there would some objections from them? I don't think Bill Gates would enjoy being made a pauper.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't think they will crash the dollar. They will simlpy exchange it. for new gold backed dollars. This will make the dollar rise. Until recently I thought there wasn't enough gold in the world to do so, but i have changed that view. I also thought the price of gold would be set at a low level. I now think it will be somewhere around $1500/oz-$2,000 oz. As this occurs they will wipe out all personal bank debt (credit cards and mortgages) and recapitalize the banks to start anew. This is why the banks are hoarding as much cash as possible, so that when the change occurs they will have plenty of money to lend. Debt forgiveness is coming. When is the big isssue.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

This is one of the most interesting videos I have every watched next to "The Illuminati Project"

www.youtube.com...

If you have some time on your hands, watch all of the ZeitGeist parts and ALL 250+ parts of "The Illuminati Project".

These changed my life, no BS. That is part of the reason I found this website. You will truly see how the world is being governed.

I hope it influences other people like it did me.

The fully electronic banking system will replace modern currency exchange and in order to do so, there needs to be a catastrophic financial event to aid it in.

top topics

join