It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I See the Aurora?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
the D-21 drone could only be launched intentionaly
as piggy back of a blackbird !
all existing drones have been in storage at davis monthan till end of high secret level and some of the drones are now in musea on public display.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
looks to me like the A.V. Roe vulcna bomber

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
vulcan was kind a long range plane full of fuel with a payload that could be an atomic bomb.

taken out of RAF service a while ago now and i think none of them will be flying again

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
check this out odd lighte
[img]http://www.walneyisle.co.uk/cards/dscf9279.jpgimg]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by leejones]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
smile !

you've just been photographed !

here is the good link

www.walneyisle.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I finally know definitively what it was we saw. Bad news: it wasn't the Aurora. I saw a NOVA special called "Battle of the X-Planes," in which Boeing and Lockheed Martin went head-to head to win a government contract to build the next-generation JSF. I am 100% certain the plane we saw was Boeing's version:

So it wasn't the Aurora, but it was still really cool to see. The strange thing is that the contract was awarded to Lockheed a year before we saw this plane....why was it still flying?

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Station]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It was still flying for the same reason the YF-23 was still flying for a number of months after it lost to the F-22 - possible overseas contracts. The US government isnt the only Government that might be interested in a new plane.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm a bit sceptical about the siteing of this aircraft that you thought was the aurora but turned out to be the x32. in the photo you can see what appear to be inlerts of some kind and on the x32 the inlet not inlets is on the under side of the fuselage so would not be as prenounced in the photo. also the plane looks remarkably like the lockheed martin proposal for the bomber version of the raptor and it is possible that they have completted a prototype for testing in early stages aand that is what i think is in the photo

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It possible could've been the rumored A-17, Deltawing YF-23 bomber

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join