It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret mission to expose L. Ron Hubbard as a fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I got lured into an office by someone wanting to ask me a few questions, half an hour later I had spent £8 on a book and had given them my address and email. I still get letters, emails and phone calls inviting me to join their religion, but they never say as much. It's always under the guise of being happy or changing your life.

Timesonline

The founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard, was exposed as a fraud 30 years ago by British diplomats who were investigating his qualifications.

The science-fiction writer, who invented a religion now followed by celebrities such as Tom Cruise, awarded himself a PhD from a sham “diploma mill” college that he had acquired, the diplomats found.

This is interesting:

Department of Health files, some closed until 2019, have been released early to The Times by the National Archives after a successful request under the Freedom of Information Act.

“I understand it is asserted that L. Ron Hubbard was awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy by Sequoia University on February 10, 1953, in recognition of his outstanding work in the fields of Dianetics and Scientology and that the said degree was recorded with the Department of Education of the State of California,” John McMaster stated.

“The position is L. Ron Hubbard [and others] acquired premises somewhere in Los Angeles which they had registered as a university called Sequoia and immediately awarded each other doctorates.” Dianetics is the so-called “science” founded by Hubbard to provide spiritual healing.

So this guy was a total fraud, inventing his qualifications and a religion.

Amazing how people buy into this, and in that I include myself, you can sell any old crap if you dress it up as happiness.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Not only was he a fraud, his "religion" is the single most dangerous and evil cult on the planet.

They successfully conducted the largest infiltration of government agencies ever recorded. And they used the information they gained in this infiltration to further their cult.

And it's probably why they have never been investigated for various missing persons reports, suspicious deaths, money laundering and so on by the American Government. And it's probably why they are allowed to run child labour camps on American soil too.

This is going on in your back yard, and mine as a UK citizen (the freaks are over here too you know, bribing the Metropolitan Police and government officials).

They are truly dangerous, which is why the German government have banned the cult. They've seen this all before in Hitler and the rising of the Nazi movement. You'd think other nations would take this as a clear intelligent warning about this group of sick individuals, but they don't.

Thankfully, the Anonymous movement has put a spotlight on them and opened up the truths to the next generation. Sure, some will be sucked in, but the majority are now onto them and will hopefully avoid the cult completely.
We only hope that this education is enough to destroy them completely over time.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Any religion started as a bar bet* should never been taken seriously. Period. There are so many things wrong with that, I don't
know where to begin.

*Yes, I know it is officially a rumor, but there have been numerous witnesses throughout the years who have said Hubbard made statements in their presence to this effect.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is great. Scientology? Ha! Im going to start a religion named, "Musicology". See how many people worship music and spend their lives chanting song lyrics, and directly copying what the singers wear, how they talk, and what they buy.

OH WAIT THATS WHAT TODAYS KIDS DO NOW!

Jeez, if I knew it would be this easy, I'd started it years ago.

Rather depressing if you think about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i have no clue how i double posted.

oops.

edited for double post

[edit on 6-8-2009 by havok]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
So this guy was a total fraud, inventing his qualifications and a religion.

Hubbard a fraud? Stop the Press!

There's talk that even the high profile John Travolta is in the process of leaving the cult in the wake of Scientology's role in the death of his son. I can only hope he does and that others follow suit.

I'm baffled why people trade their brains for a slice of false hope. Not exactly an equitable trade - but you can never underestimate ones ability to pull the wool over their own eyes.

IRM

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

When I was in college my friend and I were approched on a street in Boston by this woman offering to give us a test to analyze our personalities for free. We were curious so we accepted and were lead to this building where she split us up and sent me into a room with someone else who was going to ask me the questions. The questions were basically stupid in my opinion and after wasting an hour and a half of my life I was told that the answers I gave reflected that I was in need of a mind and soul cleansing and for the low introductory offer of just $250 I could begin my soul cleansing that week!

I told the person questioning me that I wasn't interested in cleansing my mind or soul just the personality test. He said that in order to further analyze my personality I needed to get to the root of what was holding it back, and that I needed to be untaught of everything I have learned and let them guide me through it.

I said no thanks, I'll just get my friend and be on my way, to which he said, "Well, why don't you just buy this book, Dianetics, and read it, it will help you see what is inside you" That was the point when I was like, "Look, buddy, I'm not interested." He was ok with that, not thrilled but not pushing anymore and lead me out to the lobby where I waited for my friend.
When she finally came out of her test she had one of the dianetic books and was asking her tester if she had to pay right then and there for the courses or if she could do it when she came back! When she was finally ready to go I told her that she shouldn't get involved with them, that they seemed like scam artists or crackpots or both. We went back to our dorm, she read the book then decided that she wasn't going to go to the "mind and soul cleansing" whatevers they offered.

I don't understand how people can be so easily sucked in by this scam cult! I think that in order to move up the ranks in this "religion" you have to give so much money to do so should be the tip off that it's a scam! Well that and the fact that it was created by a man who wrote sci-fi books.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by sugarmonkey]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
This is great. Scientology? Ha! Im going to start a religion named, "Musicology". See how many people worship music and spend their lives chanting song lyrics, and directly copying what the singers wear, how they talk, and what they buy.

OH WAIT THATS WHAT TODAYS KIDS DO NOW!

Jeez, if I knew it would be this easy, I'd started it years ago.

Rather depressing if you think about it.

Ever heard of the beatles?
The rolemodel thing is a part of growing up, and always has been. Modern media have just broadened to scope, it isn't a symptom of moral/intellectual decline.

That said: Co$ has been thrown out of countries on a regular basis for their entire existence. And while they survived the death of their leader for a considerable time i don't see them "clearing the planet" any time soon. Hubbard spent some time in the real world, he knew how to sell his stuff. Mcwhatever his name was spent all his life with the cultists. He can't understand how anybody could life/think differently, and therefore is unable to add to the customer base in the same way. It's kinda sad really. A wasted life if there ever was one.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
..And you know they are reading this....look for a couple or three guys to meet you on the street on your way to the library and ask you 'what are your CRIMES, kiwi...what are you CRIMES?.'

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
His son already outted him as a fraud. I bought Dianetics and read it cover to cover. Just a bunch of ramblings and mumbo jumbo. Not hard to see Hubbard took snippets from here and there and threw them in a book. Nothing at all revelational on ANY page. Scientology is for the ones who do not believe in God and do not want to be a part of religion...ironic, just like atheism.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
..And you know they are reading this....look for a couple or three guys to meet you on the street on your way to the library and ask you 'what are your CRIMES, kiwi...what are you CRIMES?.'

Haha, no way, if I put in on ATS I might as well hand myself in!

Here's one of the emails I get:

To:
CC:
Subject: DIANETICS
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:39:52 +0100

Show Full Headers Back To [INBOX]

Why do people hurt the ones they love?
Find out.

BUY AND READ
DIANETICS
THE MODERN SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH

by
L. RON HUBBARD

Web: www.scientology-bournemouth.org · e-mail: [email protected] · Tel: 01202 257788

Church of Scientology Mission of Bournemouth
42 High Street
Poole
Dorset
BH15 1BT

Tel: 01202 257788
Fax: 01202 257787
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.scientology-bournemouth.org
www.scientology.org

I can't believe I followed that girl into a building, wait a minute- girl, NOW I know why I did!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Ever heard of the beatles?
The rolemodel thing is a part of growing up, and always has been. Modern media have just broadened to scope, it isn't a symptom of moral/intellectual decline.

Woah. Don't take it personally debunky. I do believe we are in a state of moral/intellectual decline. IMHO.
By the way, I still have the "white album" sitting in a bin of all my older records...The beatles? Who?
Didn't Lennon say they were more popular than Jesus?

Not to change the subject. To the OP: I think alot of people knew scientology was a sham to begin with, some people just fell into it hook, line, and sinker. When certain celebrities came out and said they believed in it, alot of people joined. Cause it was "cool". But then again, you always have the sheep following the flock.

top topics

join