It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Video Shows Beheading of American Civilian Nick Berg by Al Qaeda Group

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ignorance ignorance everything is meaning less. americans are being mutilated everyday by things we dont even know about, but people still have the nerve to post about things that we have no control over due to the ''war'' that we dragged outself into...hail God...NOT TYRANTS OR THE TAI PAN.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
^^
no, this was al queda who did this, it isnt this war that caused this, it is terrorism plain and simple, theres no excuse for it.

also, god doesnt control peoples actions, he just knows what they will do, fate is decided by your actions.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by namehere]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Your probably right Seth any excuse for Al-Quada terrorist would suffice. I still feel the abuse photos should not have been released, during war time.

I don't need to see the video to know what horrors Nick Berg was going through. May God Rest his soul.......

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Agent, I agree with your last post about rage. The rage I am feeling is not that of retaliation, but of Why did this, and all inhuman acts of the 'war' have to happen. People are going to die in war. The abuse of anyone and everyone needs to stop. I know the likely-hood of this happening is slim to none. They either need to get the hell out of dodge, or get the world invovled in bringing some sort of peace back to Iraq.

Innocent people, on either side, should not have to go through this. The looks of it now, is that it is going to get a hell of alot worse before anyone even thinks of making it better. WAR is WAR, this is not a war......

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Is this a war or a game of Ken and Barbie? Throughout the history of wars on this planet, there has always been abuse and bloodshed and unfortunantly this war is no exception. Ofcourse you will see images of abuse from both sides. This is what happens in wars. That is why so many people protest about going to WARS.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If the terrorists stopped to THINK......THE U.S. IS THE COUNTRY THAT DROPPED NUKES on JAPAN! How far are they going to push our military?
Personally, I think we should pull OUT of Iraq. We won't look cowardly, because we fought in other bigger wars. AND....we're the ones who dropped the A-Bombs. It is IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO THINK WE'RE COWARDS AFTER THAT!
My heart goes out to the family of Nick Berg. May he rest in peace.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I know that many people have died in this war and we can't keep track of them all , but I would like to ask all of you to do one thing.
Just stop for 10,20, 30 seconds, and say a thought for Nick Burg.
I don't care what religion you are what your beliefs are and it may not be appropriate here to ask this, but I don't think it is asking much.
Just 30 seconds

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
They either need to get the hell out of dodge, or get the world invovled in bringing some sort of peace back to Iraq.

I agree that something needs to give but I think leaving would produce only more bloodshed and powerplays later on down the road.

I agree we should get some sort of international involvement but look at the UN's Human Rights council, that is such a joke I would cringe at leaving that sort of deciscion making up to a body of nations with competing interests.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Did he kill Osama ? Or did he just blow up a pharmaceuticals building. Get your facts straight before you pollute this thread any more. Air strikes are seem so easy to you hippies when you try to paint inaction. The facts are no one had these terrorists with a gun to their heads waiting for the ok to blow out their brains. Your Assuming, a very natural thing for assholes, and doing a bad job of it at that. Youve been forced fed the party line that Clinton took bold action against a unkown terrorist. FYI It was one cruise missile and Osama was internationally known at the time as he had been kicked out of several states already, he was not some uknown villian waiting in the wings. Whats the sick stupid truth? Who can say for 100000% truth that they would have been killed. Regardless of politics you cant. I cant. You cant. No one can. So lets move past the partisan bull# and look at the facts of the case. The man is dead because of islamic terror, not an airstrike that may or may not have worked. And I have watched the video and I too agree its very sick and twisted stuff. I feel dirty for watching it. But unlike some I dont feel rage, I only think escalation will encourage such acts of terror.
[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Agent47]

What's with the ad hominem attacks? I've not called you idiots or assholes. Even collectively.

Some conservatives were just begging to know how all of the American hating liberals would react to the news and I suggested that they would probably react by criticising Bush for not doing enough.

So, where are we now? If we withdraw the country collapses into tribal war, if we stay the country is going to still be at war but our guys start dying now. And the collateral damage is things like more 9/11, prisoner abuse scandals, Nicholas Berg's execution, etc. We might even see a draft. This is going to get so much worse before it gets better--if it ever ever can get better.

I question why we're even there. Iraq never did anything to me. I've never felt threatened. Why even hate Saddam? There are plenty of awful world leaders, but for some reason the TV is obsessed with Saddam.

Personally, I think we should tell the rest of the world to screw off.

You Muslims and Jews hate each other? That's nice, you guys ought to stop killing each other since dead people can't buy things, but who are we to judge? We're just capitalists, here, want to buy some beanie babies? No? Oh, uhm, OK thanks. We'll check back in a generation and see if things are better.

The dollar solves all.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Blaming Bush for the beheading is like blaming Roosevelt for American deaths during WW2. I'm sorry, but if Bin Laden was killed in 1998, someone else would have risen from the ashes to lead them. Terrorist groups are formulated on hatred and a sick, twisted look at religion. THEY are the ones to blame - not Clinton, not Bush, and not your mom and dad.

I, too, watched some of the video - I almost puked. It may very well give me nightmares. I must say that I couldn't watch to the bitter end - I turned it off when they were finishing the decapitation.

Sick - makes me wish they were castrated in the same manner and left to bleed to death.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelb

Its that sort of nonchalant attitude that resulted in 6 million jews perishing.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It was not all American soldiers who tortured those people in the prison, it was some. Similarly, it was not all muslims who murdered Nick Berg, it was some of them. It was al-Qaeda. You should not tar every soldier with the same brush. Nor every Muslim.

I am yet to see the video - I'm stuck in the stone age with 56k. But when I do, I'll be certain to comment further.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

this is not a war......

when its civilians purposely killed thats true, its murder and terrorism.

ppp

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Where can i see the full video?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
How did we get to a point where we blame the liberals or the conservatives for this man's death? The anger should be directed at the men in this video. I see cowards, who are hiding their faces, butchering a man, who wanted nothing more than to make a living for his family. Dislike Bush's policy, criticize Clinton's failure to act, but remember that your anger should be directed toward the perpetrators.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

this is not a war......

when its civilians purposely killed thats true, its murder and terrorism.

No, unfortunantly its the innocent civilians that get killed in wars. It is a war in which terrorists started.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

no, hate did that. we should be allowed to act in our interests without the world bothering us for it.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Let me get this straight....We bomb military targets but unfortunately hit some civilians and the administration gets hell for it, we don't bomb military targets and the administration gets hell for it too?

I want to know where is the outcry from Amnesty and any other organization for what these demented people have done.... Why don't they go to Al Qaeda and present their cases with their paperwork to the extremist Islamic leaders?

Why in the hell they don't say anything at all about the other attrocities that happen everyday in other countries like China, certain parts of Europe, Venezuela and Cuba among others.

The UN is the biggest joke ever, half of the countries in the UN don't give a damn about the human rights of their people, but yet they want to talk about human rights...

About this american that was behaded...
It does sound a bit strange, if its true, that this american was taken captive before, released and didn't leave the country, even if he was just trying to get work. He knew Arabic, but i don't want to imply anything because we don't know enough about this and his family is going through hell enough as it is.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelb

I hereby invoke Godwin's law of Usenet:

Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.

Sorry, n00b. Better luck next time.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroGirLNo, unfortunantly its the innocent civilians that get killed in wars. It is a war in which terrorists started.

thats not what i meant, this was murder, not a civilian being caught in a battle on accident.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join