It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Video Shows Beheading of American Civilian Nick Berg by Al Qaeda Group

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We can't possibily imagine in our worse nightmares the pain Nick Bergs family must be going through. As an American I find it gut- retching to see this young man placed in this position. My main fear......is there will be more because of (the mass media exposure) of the abuse at Abu Ghraib. I do NOT condone any abuse or torture of prisioners. All persons involved should be punished. However, I do NOT feel the pictures should have been released, during war time. Whoever took those pictures and released them to the media...... just condemned our military personal to possibly this same fate. If the liberals feel 'the release of those photos are just'. Than maybe you should pray for your American Military son, daughter or relatives........and that they will NOT become another Nick Berg.

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The root cause is satan and evil.
Religion in, and of itself is not the cause of evil.
There is simply no comparison between Christianity and Islam when it comes to savagery.
When men worship man instead of GOD, (in spirit and in truth) evil is bound to make itself known.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelb

Bottom line? Nicholas Berg is dead because Bush didn't give the OK on killing the monsters 2 years ago. Hail to the chief!

You are an idiot. Iraq isnt some area where we can freely bomb because of terrorists camps, regardless of what Clinton may have shown you, it was a sovereign country and had a right to retaliate. Attacking Iraq in 2002 would only garner more outcry from idiots like you who hate any action by the administration no matter what. You sit here and twist and distort the facts to prove a very #ty assumption. Dont politicize this, dont put blame on anyone but the people who cut his head off, the terrorists. A man is dead because of rabid islamic terrorism end of story, dont sit here and try to make it sound you liberals would have OKd an air strike on a man you hand heard about till 3 months ago. What a jackass line of thought.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsublimating
The root cause is satan and evil.
Religion in, and of itself is not the cause of evil.
There is simply no comparison between Christianity and Islam when it comes to savagery.
When men worship man instead of GOD, (in spirit and in truth) evil is bound to make itself known.

Relgion is man made, bottom line. Its childish to believe otherwise.

Men wrote/preached the Bible/Koran.

Also, this is not the thread to be debating this subject on. Create another one in the Religion section.

Deep

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Al-Zarqawi was in Afghanistan following 9/11, sometime late 2002 or early 2003 he made his way from Iran into Iraq. The U.S. has been aware of this man and his threat since the beginning of this incursion into Iraq and he made top of their list early this year.
His position in Al-Qaeda has only recently been increased since the lack of appearance from Zawahiri and Bin Laden.

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Oh yeah, thats real deep
Zero

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Whoever took those pictures and released them to the media...... just condemned our military personal to possibly this same fate. If the liberals feel 'the release of those photos are just'. Than maybe you should pray for your American Military son, daughter or relatives........and that they will NOT become another Nick Berg.

exactly why the media shouldnt liberally spew everything they know about america is doing, it causes more death, the media is partly to blame for this and attacks to come in revenge.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by namehere]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
NEIN is up and running, they do mention traffic problems and have added two more alternate links to download video if one must see it.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree, it is shocking people, but let's not let them cause a change in attitude about the Iraq situation. If you never supported action against Saddam and Iraq, then you still shouldn't. If you supported the invasion, then you still should. If you allow their extreme behavior to cause change, then you will be allowing them to dictate policy - please see Spain, and the election results.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
We can't possibily imagine in our worse nightmares the pain Nick Bergs family must be going through. As an American I find it gut- retching to see this young man placed in this position. My main fear......is there will be more because of (the mass media exposure) of the abuse at Abu Ghraib.

My heart goes out to them also, this was just a guy trying to make a buck or two.... What could be more American?

But I think it's important to again point out that this act has nothing to do with the prisoner abuse case. These were not Iraqis taking revenge but Al-Quada terrorists making a point. The used the abuse as an excuse. If it had not happened they would have just used a different excuse.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
NEIN is up and running, they do mention traffic problems and have added two more alternate links to download video if one must see it.

Where is this NEIN?Can I get a link I didnt see one on the previous pages.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
THIS VIDEO IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
IT CONTAINS A VERY GRAPHIC BEHEADING.
DO NOT VIEW UNLESS YOU REALLY FEEL THE NEED TO SEE THE EVENT.

North East Intellgence Network,
Link

(sorry for editing this, Phoenix, but it very much needs a heads-up warning.)

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsublimating

Oh yeah, thats real deep
Zero

Deep's my name............

Why dont you give us some expamples of Islam being a religion of war and Christianity being a relgion of peace?

Have you heard of the Aha Khan?

I suggest you approach this subject after saturating the deeds done by this Islamic cleric and his people. You might be shocked to find pious muslims in this world.

Man is the measure of all things, I hardly thinking a transcendent being is.

Deep

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
North East Intellgence Network,
Link

Warning when Banshee said that you had to be the strong of stomach to view this tape she wasnt being condescending. Ive seen violent things but this is gut wrenching. The gag reflex kicked in, its not a quick death by any means and its very damaging if your not prepared for it. I thank phoenix for the link but I caution anyone attempting to view it.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Agent47]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This thread is about Nick Berg,
NOT a religious debate.

Remain on topic.
Last and only warning.

-B.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Bottom line? Nicholas Berg is dead because Bush didn't give the OK on killing the monsters 2 years ago. Hail to the chief!

You are an idiot. Iraq isnt some area where we can freely bomb because of terrorists camps, regardless of what Clinton may have shown you, it was a sovereign country and had a right to retaliate. Attacking Iraq in 2002 would only garner more outcry from idiots like you who hate any action by the administration no matter what. You sit here and twist and distort the facts to prove a very #ty assumption. Dont politicize this, dont put blame on anyone but the people who cut his head off, the terrorists. A man is dead because of rabid islamic terrorism end of story, dont sit here and try to make it sound you liberals would have OKd an air strike on a man you hand heard about till 3 months ago. What a jackass line of thought.

As bad a President as he was, Clinton to his credit took decisive action against a terrorist mastermind when no one knew his name and conservatives screamed about his cowardice and blamed it on zippergate.

Bush, whose entire platform is UNCOMPROMISING WAR ON TERROR, refuses to take decisive action against a known scumbag and here people rush to defend him, arguing that he couldn't because of matters of multilateralism and diplomacy?

This is the definition of partisan politics.

They're still free because of Bush's war posturing. These are real sick bastards (watch the video) and Bush had ample opportunity to "OK" an order to kill them and he failed.

You call it conjecture and twisting of assumptions. I call it the sick stupid truth.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If the Mainstream Media were to show this video, edited of course,(do not know if they have already) I think America would be in a complete uproar. My condolences go out to Mr. Berg's Family and friends. Unfortunately I believe this is only the begining. Something needs to be done and done NOW. Iraq is much worse off now than before the US went in, IMHO.

I belive The Iraq War will turn into the biggest tragedy in the History of the World.

This is just all unbelievable.... I'm Speechless......

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in a "tamed-down" recap of the event and doesn't want to watch the video, I've updated the main story with what I saw at the end of the tape.

-B.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
If the Mainstream Media were to show this video, edited of course,(do not know if they have already) I think America would be in a complete uproar.

CNN: Check the Breaking Headline.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

As bad a President as he was, Clinton to his credit took decisive action against a terrorist mastermind when no one knew his name and conservatives screamed about his cowardice and blamed it on zippergate.

They're still free because of Bush's war posturing. These are real sick bastards (watch the video) and Bush had ample opportunity to "OK" an order to kill them and he failed.

You call it conjecture and twisting of assumptions. I call it the sick stupid truth.

Did he kill Osama ? Or did he just blow up a pharmaceuticals building. Get your facts straight before you pollute this thread any more. Air strikes are seem so easy to you hippies when you try to paint inaction. The facts are no one had these terrorists with a gun to their heads waiting for the ok to blow out their brains. Your Assuming, a very natural thing for assholes, and doing a bad job of it at that. Youve been forced fed the party line that Clinton took bold action against a unkown terrorist. FYI It was one cruise missile and Osama was internationally known at the time as he had been kicked out of several states already, he was not some uknown villian waiting in the wings. Whats the sick stupid truth? Who can say for 100000% truth that they would have been killed. Regardless of politics you cant. I cant. You cant. No one can. So lets move past the partisan bull# and look at the facts of the case. The man is dead because of islamic terror, not an airstrike that may or may not have worked. And I have watched the video and I too agree its very sick and twisted stuff. I feel dirty for watching it. But unlike some I dont feel rage, I only think escalation will encourage such acts of terror.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Agent47]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join