It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Video Shows Beheading of American Civilian Nick Berg by Al Qaeda Group

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No, Allah is not the same GOD that Christians worship! Just because both have their roots in Abraham does not in any way mitigate the fact that Islam is an Angelic religion. A visit from a fallen Angel is what inspired Islam.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Great! So it is OK to kill so long as it is in the name of a Christian God but not an Islamic God, and you can argue all day about whose God is better rather than addressing the root cause.

Feed the war some more.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
In Europe we are not patriot because we know what are the nations when there lead by tyrans.

So Nans you are not patriots but you ARE dissidents correct?

This one is small...
First read this :

Of course you cant understand the state of mind of European youth. And you cant know how the patriot american speak can be ridiculous, in the eyes of people foreigners of the USA.

But just one thing : never talk me about again of DISSIDENCE-COMMUNE !

These are not good memories, and anyway, you dont have anything to do with it. And there's no connection with the topic.

If you are insanely curious, there are some places for that...

OK : NETSTORM = IGNORE

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Reports are coming in that Al Jazeera is airing or will soon be airing the video.
Please, people, before you go looking for this video, be certain it's something you truly feel the need to see and that you can handle it.
It was not a quick beheading.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Fox news has an edit version of the video. You can find the link on their front page. Personally I don't need to see it to understand what they did.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
regardless of what is said, be assured this beheading had absolutely nothing to do with photos of Iraqi prison abuse. Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi would have ordered the execution regardless if pictures of prison abuse was circulating or not. I hate to point it out, but so far we and those involved in previous kidnappings got lucky. This was the intention of Al-Qaeda and coalition haters, to kill as many as possible with any means necessary. I suggest you read up on Al-Zarqawi and his followers, you will see he is not on the side of the Iraqis or anyone else but Al-Qaeda.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
THIS VIDEO IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
IT CONTAINS A VERY GRAPHIC BEHEADING.
DO NOT VIEW UNLESS YOU REALLY FEEL THE NEED TO SEE THE EVENT.

North East Intelligence Network has the link to video, I do not desire to watch it so I can't vouch that its the full thing or not.
Video at NEIN

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
regardless of what is said, be assured this beheading had absolutely nothing to do with photos of Iraqi prison abuse. Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi would have ordered the execution regardless if pictures of prison abuse was circulating or not. I hate to point it out, but so far we and those involved in previous kidnappings got lucky.

CNN is saying THIS GUY got lucky once. He was taken hostage before and released, but stayed looking for work as a contractor. Then got taken again.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Damnit! Half of the way through there was some sort of problem and it failed to continue.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
you mean he was kidnapped, released and still stayed there?
that's strange. after such an ordeal, I would assume he would be anxious to return home.

I don't think it matters though since it is an unfortunate incident and if it didn't happen to him, it would happen to some other American or coalition soldier.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
North East Intelligence Network has the link to video,

What the.......
Where did NEIN go?
"Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)"

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Originally posted by Phoenix
North East Intelligence Network has the link to video,

What the.......
Where did NEIN go?
"Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)"

Probalby traffic overload. They don't have the world's largest pipeline to the internet, and everyone wanting to see the video is killing them. It will probably be back tomorrow, so keep the link

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The man screamed as he was killed.

I dont need to see the video.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i think theres a solution to this, use their ways(religion mainly) against them to put fear in their mind.

just execute a few al queda or anyone captured with links to them by soaking bullets in pigs blood and shooting them with those bullets and film it and threaten to do it to anyone they capture(eternal damnation will surely scare them if nothing else).

might seem evil but hey it worked before when we did that against an islamic uprising in asia during ww2.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by namehere]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Someone mentioned this could help Bush? Um how? If we did not go to war in Iraq this guy would not have been there and would not have been killed.

But with that aside, we have got to get into these groups and destroy them or these things will get worse.

It is time we as a country stand up and tell Washington we want them to fight the terrorist and focus on that, not on rouge nations! Okay I realize we are in Iraq and we can't bug out, but let's not invade another country until we actually win this war.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
IMO, the public's interest in the seeing the video isn't a good thing. I think we have seen enough beheading in movies to know what it is about. the attention this video is getting might serve to fire up Al-Zarqawi and his group into committing more similar type actions.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
nativeokie

what i read said this was an egyptian group linked to al queda, not an iraqi resistance group.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by namehere]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I dont think that his war will ever end, seems as if its perpetuated and instigated even more as the days roll by.

Also, Allah is not the same God as the Christian Bias in my perspective. Why would God allow for to different paths ( knowing very well through his power of the Omni 3, that these shall war for decades ahead ) to his door.

Deep

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You want liberal outcry? Here's the freaking liberal outcry!

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the sick freak terrorist ringleader in this video, is one of Osama bin Laden's top commanders. The Pentagon placed him at a base in Northern Iraq in 2002 and drew up plans to blow it to bits. They presented the plans to the White House. On two separate occasions.

Sounds like a perfect target of opportunity for our great TOUGH ON TERRORISM star leader, George W. Bush. Right?

WRONG! They never approved the attack(s). Now Nicholas Berg is dead, among all of the other people in Saudi Arabia this group attacked that none of you care about because they're just (radical Islamists).

The President was too busy making a case for an Iraq war that he turned down this target of opportunity because it would detract from his case. Or maybe he thought the report was a historic one?

I can't believe I'm lecturing conservatives on how Bush failed to act quickly enough in killing terrorists. I thought the grownups were supposed to be in-charge, but apparantly all that means is furthering an insane ideological agenda and hooking special interests up with fat Iraq reconstruction contracts.

Apparantly Bush isn't as tough on terrorism as we had all hoped -- the only thing he's tough on is truth and accountability.

Bottom line? Nicholas Berg is dead because Bush didn't give the OK on killing the monsters 2 years ago. Hail to the chief!

(mod edit: please do not use ethnic slurs on ATS)

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join