It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Video Shows Beheading of American Civilian Nick Berg by Al Qaeda Group

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think this whole incident is a metaphor for what is happening/going to happen in iraq.

Nick Burg was captured once and then released, yet he still stayed around trying to develop contract work instead of leaving a very dangerous and hostile zone. You only get one chance most times.

He was being greedy. To say he stayed around to help rebuild iraq is a bit rich, literally.

An American being greedy, who would have thunk it?!

The american army is in Iraq because of greed, you can call it what you want, but the bottom line is greed.

Greed will cause america to become beheaded in a slow painful manner.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think everyone of you should download and run the video and look at it full screen with the members of your family. I think the media should play the video on all the TV channels. I think this should be shown to everyone in the US at all the gatherings, movies, parties, you get the point. Show them the true nature of Al Queada. To hell with this " this is too disturbing to show", show the thing! Then after the whole nation sees the film WE THE PEOPLE should figure out as a whole if we should stay in the middle east or back down and let the terrorist have what they want.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2cent
I think this whole incident is a metaphor for what is happening/going to happen in iraq.

Nick Burg was captured once and then released, yet he still stayed around trying to develop contract work instead of leaving a very dangerous and hostile zone. You only get one chance most times.

He was being greedy. To say he stayed around to help rebuild iraq is a bit rich, literally.

The american army is in Iraq because of greed, you can call it what you want, but the bottom line is greed.

Nick Berg was still in Iraq because his original release date had been bollixed. Otherwise he would have been safe back home in the US.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I saw the stills. Wow. But, was he drugged beforehand? He seemed strangely calm.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Maybe they gave him something to keep him calm or maybe he simply really had no idea that this was going to take place, till it was too late.

seekerof

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

He was trying to help the people there. If you think otherwise then you should point us to the proof that he was a spy or whatever.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by madwalrus911

Originally posted by sosuemetoo

Originally posted by NetStorm
What matters is that for the reasons of religion and heritage, Al-Queda (in the name of Islam) hates us. What matters is that an innocent man was murdered by hooded savages with the promise of 70? virgins.

I understand were u are coming from no one should have to go through that, but he went into a war zone that has an enemy that doesnt have rules.

Also these so called martyre's go around and kill there own people. if this is the case then just let them do it, let them kill each other.

Whoa here folks. It seems to me that some cute copy and paste is going on. I NEVER said what it quoted under my name.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I saw the stills. Wow. But, was he drugged beforehand? He seemed strangely calm.

He looked Lifeless throughout the whole video, I can't imagine what was going through his mind.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut

He was trying to help the people there. If you think otherwise then you should point us to the proof that he was a spy or whatever.

A spy? He wasn't a spy, he was there for contract work in rebuilding iraq.

Now to say he was there soley to help the rebuilding of Iraq is a load of crap. He was there because there is big money involved in the contract work. The reason he didn't leave iraq was because there was still lots of money to be made. I.e - greed got the best of him.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't think he realized what was going to happen. I think he was made to believe that he was to just say his name and sit there while they spouted off in Arabic about things. When the assailant pulls the knife out and attacks, Berg's face changes to a look of surprise and horror. When the cutting begins, the screams start. Drugged? I don't think so - he was lied to, then had his head cut off like one would slice an orange.

Like I said before - I'd like to see that group castrated in the same way, then left to bleed to death.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Now to say he was there soley to help the rebuilding of Iraq is a load of crap. He was there because there is big money involved in the contract work. The reason he didn't leave iraq was because there was still lots of money to be made. I.e - greed got the best of him.

This is where I didn't understand your post. He was never employed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He came to Iraq as an independent. He WAS NEVER HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was looking for a way home at the time of his capture because HE WAS BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Do you now see my point? He WAS THERE TO HELP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didn't go there for the money. Quit RUNNING YOUR HEAD about things you dont know.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, from the still, I didn't know there where screams. That's real barbaric what they did. This has been their way of life for centuries. Why in God's name would you want to try to put democracy in there without the help of the rest of the Arab nations?

Funny, today I read in the Book of Esdras II (part of the Apocryapha) that the Arab serpents would rise and win and put in fear but then be crushed when they try to venture outside their lands.

Book of Esdras II 15:28

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ok - I just watched it.

The only thing I can say is that I hope that none of his family ever see it.

This was pure unconsciable brutality. I can understand now those who are calling for nuking the place. I can't agree - I won't agree, because there are innocent people in Iraq and they deserve to live. But after seeing this, I completely understand the visceral reactions of certain ATS members.

Bush should never have started this. He should have gone after bin Laden. Iraq wasn't a threat, Saddam isn't bin Laden. Bush fecked up, pure and simple.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have a friend who is a TV/movie actor. I can barely stand to see him FAKE getting hurt or killed. I KNOW I won't be able to stand looking at a snuff video!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Bush should never have started this. He should have gone after bin Laden. Iraq wasn't a threat, Saddam isn't bin Laden. Bush fecked up, pure and simple.

These people were Al Queda not Iraqis. This would have happened with or without the war in Iraq.

It might not have been this guy at this time but it would have happened. They may have used a different excuse, chanted other ridiculous threats, but it would have happened anyway.

These people hate us and what we stand for. And, not just Americans, we're just the biggest targets, like the towers were on 9/11, but all westerners.

And if we don't continue to act, to get them where they live, it will continue to happen.

EDIT - By the way Pisky, I mean no disrespect, though I don't agree withsome of what you say I enjoy all of your posts.

2cent, I can't say the same about you, your "greed" argument is as disgusting as it is repulsive.

[Edited on 5/11/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I saw it once...and to be honest it made me sick and made me want to cut the heads of the five assasins that were there...

As i watched the video I realized that the American knew what the speaker was saying. At first he was calm, he probably thought it was not going to be his last moments in life or that he would die so horribly, but when the speaker reached the part where he said he was going to take the life of the American, he began to scream, before any of the terrorists even grabbed him or showed him the knife, until he died....

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This is where I didn't understand your post. He was never employed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He came to Iraq as an independent. He WAS NEVER HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was looking for a way home at the time of his capture because HE WAS BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Do you now see my point? He WAS THERE TO HELP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didn't go there for the money. Quit RUNNING YOUR HEAD about things you dont know.

QUOTED ON CNN -

Hauser said Berg owned a company that cleaned and repaired communications towers in Iraq.

Suzanne Berg said her son was in Iraq as an independent businessman.

"He had this idea that he could help rebuild the infrastructure," she told the AP.

---------

THE ONLY REASON HE WAS THERE WAS THERE REPRESENTING HIS COMPANY BECAUSE THERE WAS BIG MONEY TO BE MADE IN THE REBUILDING OF IRAQ

He went there as a business owner in the hope of sealing contract work in the rebuilding.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wow you saw a guy die today and all of sudden you have branded him greedy. You understand him inside and out and how he lived his life. You read a couple newspaper articles on him and decided "hey I know all about this guy and his motivation in life ".

I sense a lot of hate and frustration in you....or are some of us being unfair because we only read a few lines of your posts?...you're doing the same thing by branding Berg "greedy".

Making money is a way of survival...it sounds like this Berg guy didn't have a whole lot of money and was probably desperate to make some cash. Yeah I know how to teach him a lesson, let's capture him, make a fool of him, and then cut his head off on video and show the world!!!!

Your comments are foolish and childish. You are just using this man's death as an oportunity to spout your hate.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
my condolences..

I thought he had been captured by iraqi extremists and let go the first time, but it was the iraqi police that captured him. Why did they capture an american anyway?

I thought that if he an been set free and still continued to stay in iraq looking for contract work, he must be greedy.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can not believe anyone would feel the need to view this film.I think watching this will only glorify what they did to him.Please let this man have some dignity in his death.Watching him beg and scream as they saw off his head is just plain sadistic.How is watching it going to better inform you,or help this in anyway?How would you like it if your child or yourself was done this way and people watched it just because they could or even for some perverted sense of entertainment?
Please let him rest in peace and leave his and his families dignity intact.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join