It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hummingbird Engine, anyone heard of it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Ok, so I ran into this a few years ago, and apparently this guys invention was pretty much completed some 8-9 years ago. He vanished and apparently, nothing ever really evolved from it as I really can't find to much information on the design.

Aparently it's a completely magnetic power generator, that uses no consumable resources and has 0 greenhouse gas.

Anyone got a word on it?

www.livevideo.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yet another perpetual motion machine that mysteriously disappears without a trace.

Amazingly, none of these devices ever get to the point where they can be thoroughly examined and tested. Either they disappear, or they're "suppressed", or the inventor is reluctant to allow scientists to examine it, for fear they'll steal his invention.

You should become suspicious any time you see something like "no consumable resources", because that is almost 100% certainly a crock. It would violate one of the most fundamental laws of physics (Second Law of Thermodynamics). I'm not saying that such laws are absolutely certain - that would be a foolish claim. All I'm saying is, if any such thing exists, it would require a massive rewrite of every law of physics.

To claim that the Second Law can be violated is something like saying that if you have a box and put a dollar into it, you can get two dollars out of it. Or even $1.01. To claim you have an engine that doesn't consume resources is like saying you don't even need the dollar. Just open the box, and each time there will be a dollar in there waiting for you to take. Impossible? I don't say anything is impossible. However, I would say, "don't hold your breath". You're more likely to win the lottery (even if you never play), than to see an engine that uses no energy.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Nope! - sorry IMHO this is a nice try but no cigar.

There were those Irish guys last year who were onto something simular, it revolved around the perceived "spoungyness" (my word not theirs) of the magnetic field.

What they said was that it takes a small amount of time for the repulsive magnetic force to overcome the momentum (and mass) of a spinning magnet - so once you got the set up going at a certain speed the the tiny bits of 'excess energy' would keep the set up going... And then even produce excess power.

Thing is it didn't work.

And in all honesty the principle is so simple and easy to try that I'm sure it would be very common knowledge by now if it did work and produce power.

I think our fundamental ideas about energy are a little flawed - don't ask me why, if I could tell you that I would not be typing it here now on a home made PC

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It looked very promising. Does anybody know what the magnet down the copper pipe effect is called? Never seen that before.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
You should become suspicious any time you see something like "no consumable resources", because that is almost 100% certainly a crock.

One word. Gravity.

If I put a box with wheels at the top of a very large and never-ending hill it will roll. It creates energy. Given that the hill is never ending, it will never stop.

Tell me where the consumable resource is in gravity.

You could argue that the initial big bang is the consumable resource, but then all energy is surely finite over the course of eternity. And basing any energy production on anything less than the movement of our own planet is surely less feasible.

The ONLY way we are going to reach the goal of pure energy production is by working with the fundamental forces at work on our own planet, as initially seen by the use of tide and wind energy. We need to progress this into the use of magnetic and gravitational force.

They are existing forces capable of producing energy without input. They simply already exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If I put a box with wheels at the top of a very large and never-ending hill it will roll. It creates energy. Given that the hill is never ending, it will never stop.

It doesn't create energy. It converts potential energy into energy. Furthermore, your analogy is incorrect because there is no such thing as a never ending hill. For example, if a weight is thrown vertically with a force of 10 Newtons and goes up 5 metres, then the energy inputted will be 50 Joules. Once it is stationary at the top of the arc, it will have a potential energy of 50 Joules, which will be konverted to kinetic energy as it falls. Once it hits the ground that energy will be transferred to the Earth.

Tell me where the consumable resource is in gravity.

We have to move the cart to the top of the hill every time it falls? Maybe if we could CREATE gravity, or have a never ending hill which does not exist...

[edit on 6/8/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Anyone got a word on it?

Yes: google

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here's a longer video.

Google Video Link

Originally posted by staple
It looked very promising. Does anybody know what the magnet down the copper pipe effect is called? Never seen that before.

It's called the lenz law. The magnet induced an opposing field which repels it. Works with aluminum as well. I've always believed there has to be some way to exploit this effect for use in a magnet motor, but haven't found it yet.

I believe he uses some type of magnetic shielding to run his motor. In one of his videos he shows a powerful magnet encased in acrylic with some type of shielding, and demonstrates how it blocks or reroutes the field lines. It was pretty interesting actually, as bringing a magnet near a certain side of this special magnet had no effect, yet on the other side it would have a massive attraction force. I think he uses a large piece of copper and some other metals, layered in a specific fashion. Perhaps at the right speeds you could get the repulsion out of balance with the attraction, and cause the rotor to spin on it's own.

Of course if you do succeed in building a magnet motor, don't try and sell it, or you will have problems. The only way to do it, is release the plans across as many forums all at once or you don't stand a chance. I think this is why Bedini doesn't reveal the good stuff.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Freezer]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah, I think the guy got in a little bit over his head.

Also, awhile back I saw a thing on history channel or such that had some Austrailian inventors with a very similar power generator(excuse the incorrect label, c0bzz...lol), anyone got a word on that?

Either way, whatever this guy was onto he was onto something big, because they did say they we're going to go into production with this thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I've found a few youtube video's on this subject and all I found were lame atempts to smere the Idea as a scam, Showing famous debunkers on Uri Gellar etc etc but while not actually debunking the motor, a kind of trying to debunk it via association. Very odd....... Real or Not I don't know as they only operate in the US aand Canada but I'd love to get my hands on one to see if it actually does what it says on the tin, to coin a phrase.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
You should become suspicious any time you see something like "no consumable resources", because that is almost 100% certainly a crock.

Generally I agree but I've seen a device run with no consumable resources, it's a clock my dad got after 25 years with his employer to thank him for the long service.

The clock runs perpetually with no obvious power input. But it's not a perpetual motion machine according to the laws of physics, though it looks like one, for practical purposes it seems like it.

It's something like this one:

Atmos clock

Atmos is the brand name of a mechanical clock manufactured by Jaeger-LeCoultre in Switzerland which doesn't need to be wound. It gets the energy it needs to run from small temperature changes and atmospheric pressure changes in the environment, and can run for years without human intervention.

Indirectly the power source is the sun, but the clock can run indoors just fine without ever being exposed to the sun so that's why it appears to be a perpetual motion machine.

When you look at the way it works though, you couldn't generate much power this way:

Its power source is a hermetically sealed capsule containing a mixture of gas and liquid ethyl chloride, which expands into an expansion chamber as the temperature rises, compressing a spiral spring; with a fall in temperature the gas condenses and the spring slackens.[1] This motion constantly winds the mainspring. A temperature variation of only one degree in the range between 15 and 30 degrees Celsius, or a pressure variation of 3 mmHg, is sufficient for two days' operation.

So that clock will pretty much run as long as the sun is still heating the Earth, or until it has a mechanical failure.

DreamerOracle, regarding the hummingbird motor, yes it's a scam.

That video is pretty sad, for most of it the guy seems like a kid playing with magnets for the first time going "ooooh, aahhh look at that!" Finally he shows a generator at the very end. While I've never seen one of his generators except in the video, I believe he possibly CAN get more output than input as he claims, but only for a short time. Why?

His claim that the energy stored in the permanent magnets is "unlimited" is false. As long as you don't try to do too much work with the magnets they might seem to a casual observer like they don't lose their magnetism. But try to extract energy from them in a generator and you'll find out that they can lose some of their magnetism, that's why you can get more power out than in briefly. But once the magnets get weaker, you're done, that's it. That's why it's a fraud, because he implies by saying the magnets have unlimited power that they won't get weaker, but they do get weaker because they aren't an unlimited source of energy.

Don't take my word for it, I wouldn't even waste my money or my time building one of these, but you should ask the people that HAVE been building these permanent magnet free energy generators for decades, none of them ever work past the point where you run down the magnets, or for various other reasons. I think one of the ATS moderators has built some of them, I forget his name, but I don't think he's got any lasting results either.

If you want to try it, it's your time and money to spend, and you might learn something from it. But don't say we didn't warn you what the outcome would be in advance, it will obey the laws of physics, which means unfortunately that you don't get something for nothing.

History of perpetual motion machines

And Dennis Lee is mentioned in the long list of experiments proving that the laws of physics do in fact hold true (in other words, failed perpetual motion and free energy machines):

Since 1988, Dennis Lee has promised to demonstrate free electricity. Lee claims possession of a Fischer engine, a Counter Rotating Device (CRD) device, and an overunity motor. Lee has a mixture of religious and extremist political beliefs. Lee has invested in John Searl's endeavors, Stanley Meyer's endeavors, and, in 2001, joined Paul Pantone in a US state tour. Tom Napier believes Lee's device may have resurrected Gamgee's designs (1881).

The history of perpetual motion machines dates back to the Middle Ages. For millennia, it was not clear whether perpetual motion devices were possible or not, but the development of modern thermodynamics has indicated that they are impossible. Despite this, many attempts have been made to construct a perpetual motion machine. Modern designers and proponents often use other terms, such as over unity, to describe their inventions.

Remember Einstein's definition of insanity, trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. This has been going on for over 200 years, and it was understandable before we had thermodynamics and other well-established physics, but it seems like the only people still trying to use the already proven false methods, are those who don't understand the science.

That doesn't mean I think a "perpetual motion machine" of sorts is impossible, like the example of the clock I gave. But it doesn't violate the laws of physics so it's possible. It's the machines that violate the laws of physics you can save your time and money by not building them, enough people have tried before you to prove the physics true. And Dennis Lee's machines fall into that category.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Cheers for the links I'll look into it. My own work was based on Magnetics and Motion but with the use of natural gravity for a stationary motor but as I stated in another thread the reason I just stopped was bizzare and I myself thinks its stupid. After the bizzare event I became addicted to MMO's and stopped all my work along with personal issues at the time.
My work for want of a better explination was a Derrick (oil derrick) style of machine. I got as far as collecting parts for a prototype but that was all. As I stated above it kinda got forgotten for a while. Till recently...this sounds odd too but I started to learn meditation and all my interest in MMO's just disapeared and now my old ideas are back to the forefront. So I just wanted to check out this Hummingbird Motor or hear from people who have seen or worked on one.

P.s if this motor can create more output than it needs to run surely to re-magnetize your magnets you just run some of this extra electricity it generates through the magnets on its way out to the grid, thus keeping its force? just an idea.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by DreamerOracle]

top topics

join