It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles and Japanese rice art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Having marvelled at some of the crop circles that have been appearing lately i decided to surf the web and see what else i could find. Well i found these Japanese rice fields. Some of them are magnificent pieces of art.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.growingwithplants.com...

Im undecided as to the perpertrators of crop circles. Not sure if they are man made or from some other intelligence,but as you can see with the rice fields it is possible for man to make intricate designs in crops. Granted the rice art does take some considerable time longer than your normal crop circle but it can be done.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by raybies]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Only the Japaneese does crazy things like this!

Cheers

Originally posted by raybies
Having marvelled at some of the crop circles that have been appearing lately i decided to surf the web and see what else i could find. Well i found these Japanese rice fields. Some of them are magnificent pieces of art.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.growingwithplants.com...

Im undecided as to the perpertrators of crop circles. Not sure if they are man made or from some other intelligence,but as you can see with the rice fields it is possible for man to make intricate designs in crops. Granted the rice art does take some considerable time longer than your normal crop circle but it can be done.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by raybies]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is absolutely amazing at least we know for sure who did this but that is amazing to look at.
Why did the ancient people do this art that could only be seen properly from above

S+F good find.

THANKYOU

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Why did the ancient people do this art that could only be seen properly from above

Because all over the world people have believed that the souls of the deceased live in the underworld, and the gods in the heavens above. So they have created patterns that only the gods would be able to see, which is probably the case with the Nazca lines. You should not underestimate the ability of the ancient ones to design pictures that they're not able to actually see in their entirety.

top topics

join