It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American detained in Iran lied about nationality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

American detained in Iran lied about nationality

ttp:

One of the three Americans in Iran custody over "illegal entry" had claimed to be an Iranian national before crossing into the country from Iraq.

A tea-house owner in Iraq's Ahmad Awa told Press TV that the Americans had stopped at his place for tea on the eve of Friday, July 31 - the that the three were arrested by Iranian security guards in Western city of Marivan.

"They arrived at 10:30 pm," the tea-house owner told Press TV, adding that “the men did not talk but the woman, speaking Syrian Arabic, asked for tea.“

"The woman was not wearing Hijab and was fair-skinned, she
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - To Fix url

[edit on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 02:00:54 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Colonel Anwar Haj Omar of the Halabja police force in northern Iraq had linked the three Americans to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), according to Voices of Iraq.

"These three people were agents working with the CIA and were arrested near the resort town of Ahmed Awaa," Omar was quoted as saying.

The head of the Iranian Parliament's foreign policy committee, Alaeddin Boroujerdi, did not say whether the claim would affect Iran's handling of the detainees.

"This case is currently on its natural course," Boroujerdi said without giving any additional information on the status of the detainees.

I don't often take much notice of Press TV, I just read it to laugh at the Iranian propaganda. But this says an Iraqi news source is stating that the police force in Northern Iraq says they are from the CIA.

Note I still strongly suspect this to be propaganda, but if anybody can find an Iraqi source in english, then we can see whether it has credibility or not.

And even if they are CIA I would also like to point out that it does not mean they were already operating within Iran to enough of an extent to incite these protests, all it proves is that 3 or 4 CIA agents attempted to gain entry recently.

ttp:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - To Fix url.

[edit on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 02:01:26 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Anytime someone is taken prisoner in Iran, NK or China they are always declared CIA.

Its like a jump start to get negotiations rolling. If they are CIA then they will be tortured until they either die or starts talking. If they aren't CIA then we have American citizens being tortured for no reason.

Either way it gets the US moving to get these people out a little quicker.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

actually Iran doesn`t torture foreign nationals - only the USA does that in recent years , not torturing them is a far bigger diplomatic card - and anyway torture doesn`t work

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by jd140

actually Iran doesn`t torture foreign nationals - only the USA does that in recent years , not torturing them is a far bigger diplomatic card - and anyway torture doesn`t work

Who said anything about it working or not?

Don't be a fool, every country tortures people they suspect of being the enemy. Always have and always will.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
the person tortured will say anything the hey believe the torturer wants to hear to get the extreme pain to stop.

and iran doesn`t torture foreign nationsals- they have no need in the `big game` as an un harmed undamaged foreigner is worth far more diplomatic `credit` than a bruised battered and electrocuted one.

Iran raised there status in the ME, with the entire UK warship incident ; `tortured` by being made to wear badly fitting suits and clothes , fed 3 meals a day and sleeping in beds , whilst at the same time the USA were (and some say still are) torturring at Abu Ghraib.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

If you say so.

I'm not arguing this with you. I'm not stupid enough to think places like Iran doesn't torture. We torture, Uk tortures, Iraq tortures and every other country that has an army tortures.

It is the way of things, but you go ahead and think Iran plays nice and only subjects their prisoners to ill fitted shoes.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I imagine that the American might've lied about their nationality simply out of fear. We have to remember that Iran is oft-times presented in the MSM as a nation of America-hating vicious terrorist killers.....Which, to anybody who has done any research on Iran, is a huge load of bunk.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You don`t understand do you?

the SAVAK taught the CIA , during the rule of the shah all about torture - so iran is very capable of extreme torture

BUT

in 2009 its about `scoring points` , or gaining diplomatic and/or political ground.

simply put , given that Abu Ghraib happened , and quit frankly the USA lost forever its own stance of the moral high ground , now Iran , with treating foreigners (not its own people) well , can say they comply with the UN human rights , and geneva codes more than the USA - big points in the world stage

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

If you say so.

As I said, I'm not going to argue with you. You can think that the only discomfort foreign prisoners deal with is ill fitted clothing if you want.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

again i will say yopu don`t understand the `game`

- iran will have a better standing in the Middle East (and around the world) by NOT ill treating any foreigners - if they wanted to torture them , then news of the capture wouldn`t have been made public.

they will be unharmed , its the `game` being played.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

How many times are you going to say it?

I have repeatedly said that I am not going to argue with you. So what the hell is your problem?

I am not going to argue with you. I am not going to debate you on your opinion. I am not going to try and change your opinion.

You are turning this into a who tortures who thread and have not even addressed the OP. Do you have anything at all to say about the OP or are you here just to defend Iran?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Come on kiddies, let's stick to the topic at hand.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the Americans WERE in fact CIA. We've got our tentacles all over the place, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

The fact that this woman was light skinned and not wearing the proper garb kind of screws up the whole "THEY'RE CIA!" bit though.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Rachel Maddow said the 4th person who go sick and didn't accompany the rest across the border was one of the original members of the band Cake.

I doubt these hikers are CIA.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

No kidding?
I love Cake, really good band especially live.
How interesting, i'm glad they didn't catch him!

new topics

top topics

join