Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Barack Obama: A Question Of Eligibility (video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why does ATS label a thread about Obama's Kenyan birth certificate as a "likely forgery", then promote a video about the exact same issue?

Just like when they sent a thread about the CIA/Mossad/Zionist's role in 9/11 to the hoax category (which based on a mountain of evidence, absolutely isn't), I think ATS is way too quick to label information a hoax without having good reason to do so.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, since there are so many anti-president threads on the front page, it certainly makes you wonder if this site has a political agenda......

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
(I apologize for the spelling errors. For some reason the right-click on my mouse isn't working)

So i've been following this issue on ATS, and other sites, for awhile now. Every time new 'evidence' comes to light, i get a chuckle at the masses' reaction.

First. WND is a site with a obvious agenda. Anyone that pulls information from that site, needs to realize this. If you don't know what i'm talking about, then let's take a look at the front page for WND right now.

The first 10 topics, on the home page are all Obama related. I'm sure that other things have recently happened in the news... And the titles of the topics are worded to demonize Obama, cause doubt, and raise suspicions.

For example - the topic "Obama 'mama': 15 days from birth to Seattle class"

What does this story have to do with Obama's elegibility to be POTUS? Nothing. However the article starts out with three paragraphs questioning the logicstics of how Obama's mother gave birth in Hawaii, and then moved to Seattle for school. As the article is worded, it gives the reader the impression that Obama's mother wouldn't have had the ability to give birth, hop on a plane within weeks, move into an apartment, and start school... and the site is correct... it would have been difficult, if not impossible, to do all of those things within a two week period. That's not reality though. In reality she most likely had an apartment, and movers, lined up prior to her preganancy, and two weeks is enough time to recover from giving birth, and then flying.

Moving down the article, the 2nd half of the article brings into question differences in facts between Obama's book, and these transcripts. Frankly - if his book is incorrect, can you blame him for not remembering all of his lifes details when he was less than a year old? Perhaps his parents told him a different story than the events that happened, so he didn't have to find out about fighting, adultry, or any other list of the ailments that befall married couples.

And now for the real reason WND is following this topic at the bottom of the article... "Buy our Crap". Seriously? A news organization is peddling DVDs, Bumper stickers, petition signs, and whatever else.

As i said, there's an obvious agenda that WND is pushing. The same goes for the OP when he states that if this is true, then the "fallout" would cause the Democratic party to collapse. That's an agenda, and wishful thinking. Even IF this whole thing turned out to be true, and Obama wasn't elegible, then he'll be impeached, investigations would happen as to why this was allowed, Biden would take over as POTUS, and a lot of elected officals would go into damage controll mode. (No - there won't be another vote/election/etc and McCain/Palin wouldn't be put into office. This would be treated no different than a POTUS being impeached, or assisinated. The position goes to the next on the list - Biden)

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Evil_Santa]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

I just got to wondering, what document did Obama show to the department of motor vehicles when he was a teenager to get his first drivers license???

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Moving down the article, the 2nd half of the article brings into question differences in facts between Obama's book, and these transcripts. Frankly - if his book is incorrect, can you blame him for not remembering all of his lifes details when he was less than a year old? Perhaps his parents told him a different story than the events that happened, so he didn't have to find out about fighting, adultry, or any other list of the ailments that befall married couples.

I think it is not unreasonable to make sure your autobiography is correct in regards to facts. a few years ago there was an author of a memoir that was featured by Oprah, his book became a best seller, but when it came out that he'd rearranged some facts to make it a better story there was real outrage. I wouldn't expect that reaction toward Obama. People like him so much they indulge his spinning. I wouldn't expect grandpa's tales to be totally accurate as he tells them to the kiddies at the family picnic but a published autobiography by a young man should be fact checked by the author and the publisher.

And now for the real reason WND is following this topic at the bottom of the article... "Buy our Crap". Seriously? A news organization is peddling DVDs, Bumper stickers, petition signs, and whatever else.

When was the last time you watched a news broadcast without commercials? or went to a website without ads? these places have to make a living somehow. they aren't government funded. including this site. it has to generate funds. grow up.

does WND have an agenda? of course it does. it tells negative stuff about obama. does OPB have an agenda? they are very positive about obama. pretty much everybody has an outlook, a perspective. nothing wrong with that. it's what makes for discussion.

as for the article you mention, I think it's very interesting that obama's mother apparently never lived with his father. strange marriage if it ever was a marriage. young barry had a strange childhood, shuttled between hawaii, seattle, and indonesia. adopted by a stepfather and raised mostly by grandparents. i think this confusion is relevant to the eligibility issue, not so much because of where he was born but because he might well have taken citizenship in another country.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

probably the short form COLB is fine for that, and for getting passport. I'm sure he has a passport. the problem is not that he isn't a citizen but the natural born part. I don't think DMV looks too deeply at the document as long as you have the right one.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Okay let's forget the Long Form BC. And let me add that I am of a "minority" race and I know that the new boss is the same as the old boss.

Why Seal his Kindergarten records?
Why Seal High School Records?
Why Seal Occidental College records?
Columbia University records?
Columbia thesis?
Harvard Law School records?
Harvard Law Review articles?

Why seal Passport?
Medical records?
files from his years as an Illinois state senator?
Illinois State Bar Association records?

WHY?

This is an effective "Scrubbing" of his ENTIRE PAST. And this is of no concern to many of you? Wow...sheeple is the ONLY word I can think of.

EVERY PRESIDENT before this one had ALL this stuff available for Scrutiny, MANY who never even were elected and MERELY RAN for POTUS had all this scrutinized....Kerry / McCain.

Why is this different?

Oh and NO you CANNOT get a PASSPORT with a COLB.
Nor a Drivers License.....but you CAN get the Oval office...

See the story here:
www.wnd.com...

YES I realize the story is from WND, they are the only ones willing to touch this ATM.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by mrroqout]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by mrroqout]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

When I first got my drivers license I only had a long form BC because thats what my parents had after I was born...wouldnt it make sense that his parents also would have the long form BC as well after he was born? After all who asks for a short form BC when their child is born???

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

of course! any parent would ask for long form. I assume that the argument here (obama's version) is that the long version was lost and he had to get a duplicate and they issued the short form. of course i don't know that obama has ever actually talked about this issue so i am speculating about why he has only a short form COLB.

when i got my driver's license back in 1967, I'm sure i used the little yellow plastic card that was issued upon request. I think my parents kept the birth certificate while i took that yellow card to apply for social security number, driver's license. I don't remember about passport. I applied for my first passport in around 1968 and can't recall if they accepted the yellow card or if i needed to get the birth certificate from my parents.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

What little yellow card are you refering to? what country are you in????

I just recently got two copies of my BC and they didnt ask me if I wanted a long or short form, they gave me what they had on file. Which is what I remember from the original that I had for years....

[edit on 8/6/2009 by rangersdad]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a few years ago i got a new copy of my BC so it's got all the stuff on it and of course is paper instead of plastic. I'll see if i can find my little yellow card and scan it for you. Issued by the state of Oregon. i know it sounds very unlikely but i was talking about it with an old high school buddy just the other day.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher

I think it is not unreasonable to make sure your autobiography is correct in regards to facts. a few years ago there was an author of a memoir that was featured by Oprah, his book became a best seller, but when it came out that he'd rearranged some facts to make it a better story there was real outrage. I wouldn't expect that reaction toward Obama. People like him so much they indulge his spinning. I wouldn't expect grandpa's tales to be totally accurate as he tells them to the kiddies at the family picnic but a published autobiography by a young man should be fact checked by the author and the publisher.

1.) Do you take notes of the first couple of years that you were born? No? I doubt that Obama did, nor did he hit any 'major' milestones during that time. These are little facts that could be chalked up to mistakes.

2.) The book that you mention is called "A million little peices" by James Fry. I actually own a copy of it, and it's his memoir about going through treatment for drugs and alcohol addictions. The book is well written, but as you said incorrect.

There's a difference between these two scenarios though. In the first scenario, there's a high chance that his account of the first few years of his life, were less-than-perfect. In regards to James Fry's book... well he was being dubious at best. He's admitted that he embellished a lot of the facts in the book, and then sold it as a memoir because he was unable to sell it as a fictional work.

When was the last time you watched a news broadcast without commercials? or went to a website without ads? these places have to make a living somehow. they aren't government funded. including this site. it has to generate funds. grow up.
I'm well aware the fact that sites need to generate money to pay for servers, admins, bandwidth, journalists, etc. The difference though, is that WND is providing their readers with highly sensationalized "news" (see: propaganda) and then offering you the "full story" via a DVD. That's not something that most reputable news outlets partake in, and i don't think that people always look at the big picture and ask "why is information being presented to me, in this fashion?"

as for the article you mention, I think it's very interesting that obama's mother apparently never lived with his father. strange marriage if it ever was a marriage. young barry had a strange childhood, shuttled between hawaii, seattle, and indonesia. adopted by a stepfather and raised mostly by grandparents. i think this confusion is relevant to the eligibility issue, not so much because of where he was born but because he might well have taken citizenship in another country.

Why does this matter? Is there any clause within the constitution that states that the POTUS can't hold dual-citizenship? I believe he has to be natural born citizen (which Obama has LEGALLY proven already), 35 years of age, and have lived in the USA for 14 years prior to running for office.

I believe that this whole birther movement is because folks have fears that they're projecting onto Obama. Some folks are calling it racism, but i think that it goes deeper than that. Race is a part of it, for some people, but for others it's a fear of the changes that he's suggesting, and how those changes are being sold to them by their biased, and agenda driven, news sources. To this date, aside from WND, there isn't a shred of hard evidence that proves BHO was born outside of Hawaii. There's a lot of hearsay floating around, that has been disproven, but still the birthers March forward, looking for circumstantial evidence and hoping that someone in a position of power gives them the time of day.

Keep it up -- There will be no smoking gun that shows BHO was born elsewhere, and all that you're doing is hurting the credibility of the far-right with the moderates, and independents.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Evil_Santa]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

so how do you describe the daily kos? middle of the road? why was that left wing rag chosen to release the forgery that they did?

please remember...african is not a race,its a description of what continent you are from.
do you know anyone that has a bc with european on it?

why are obama supporters so afraid to admit there is a question.
why are they afraid to admit thAT WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE ENTIRE PICTURE,HE IS TRYING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE,AND ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS,HAS SAID SO.

remember the quote about america being the greatest country in the world,now help me change it?
the agenda ,is now totally visible.
are you willing to take the chance of losing EVERYTHING YOU HAVE?

WAKE UP
what is so wrong with adhearing to the constitution? it has worked for 200+ years,just like our health care.
if you don't support the constitution,move out of the US,there are plenty of places that you can go and be oppressed.

i feel like i'm talking to a brick....

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
stop wasting your time, its a distraction, hes not leaving office anytime soon. take him out and another puppet goes in his place. sheesh people you act like the prez actually makes any real decisions . wake up!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zer0pro

no he doesn't, but a demigog leads the blind into oblivion. just try talking sense to these glazed over obamatrons. just try using logic,try showing them proof. it makes no difference.

like i said,its like talking to a brick,and that is dangerous.

when someone picks your pocket,you dont know it until you need what they took.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

WND - Does anyone notice a pattern?

I’ve yet to read a WND article against the President that that doesn't go so far out on a limb to demonize him it’s almost irreversible, until the very end of the article when they reel themselves back in and have to tell the truth.

Same thing with the videos.

All the way up until the last video WND barrels down the lynch the President path... Then, they stick in the truth.

(Excerpt from film -)

‘You looking for the President’s birth certificate? Lester, this questioning in many ways continues to astound me.
The State of Hawaii provided a copy with the seal of the Presidents birth. I know there are apparently at least 400 thousand people that continue to doubt the existence of, and the certification by, the state of Hawaii, of the Presidents birth, there.
But it’s on the internet because we put it on the internet for each of those 400 thousand to download ah, ah, I, I certainly hope ah, by our fourth term in office we’ll have dealt with this burgeoning birth controversy.’

I wonder how hard WND squirmed when they had to add this part in - cause like it or not - it’s the last word we’re going to get from the White House.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

4TH TERM IN OFFICE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

this doesnt bother you? just in case you didnt know...he can only serve 2 trems.
of course since he is so in favor of the honduran constitution being changed,that he is hopeful for ours too.
iu'm sure chavez will back him. they've been swappin spit lately.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
At this point I'm sick of Obama.
I don't think he is aware that he is being used by an outside force that is probably not thinking of the best for America.
If the courts won't listen to birth certificate or natural born arguments then just get rid of him based on suckitude. He totally sucks. Can't he be impeached for suckiness?!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

I don't think he is aware that he is being used by an outside force that is probably not thinking of the best for America.

oh please. as if he is some sincere innocent blindly manipulated to tank the dollar and bring down the country. he has expressed these ideas for years. he's doing exactly what he's always believed in. the problem is he's never "managed" anything before and didn't expect people to object to the massive deficit he is accumulating. he thought they would be thrilled that "the rich" would pay for everything and he'd be in charge and it would be a wonderful world for all. i think is is surprised that his personality has not been able to carry the day publicly, though it probably doesn't matter because the bills and executive orders that change the nature of our country are moving right along. He is happy to be carrying this out.

i do like your proposed suckiness standard that should be applied to a sitting president though. even without knowing your precise definition, i intuitively agree. makes me wish we had the "vote of confidence" that the brits have.

i wish someone in the tame WH press corps would ask obama why ALL his records from kindergarten on are sealed. I want to hear his answer.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I can't believe everyone is jumping on the bash Obama bandwagon. It's getting quite tiresome.

And all the Anti-Obama threads that gets put on the frontpage... what's up with that?

If you look at the facts, he is delivering what he promised.

Health care reform, the stimulus package is starting to work with unemployment going down.

All in all, he's doing a good job IMO. Why is this site always full of anti-Obama threads, I wonder......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join