It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman at Pa. health club was bitter over women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Gunman at Pa. health club was bitter over women

www.google.com

BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. — George Sodini seethed with anger and frustration toward women. He couldn't understand why they ignored him, despite his best efforts to look nice. He hadn't had a girlfriend since 1984, hadn't slept with a woman in 19 years. "Women just don't like me. There are 30 million desirable women in the US (my estimate) and I cannot find one. Not one of them finds me attractive," the 48-year-old computer programmer lamented in a chilling diary he posted on the Internet.

For months, he also wrote vaguely about using guns to carry out his "exit plan" at his health club, wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Christ man!! There's ugly women for ugly men, so no need for this. All he needed was confidence to sort his life out, unless he was mentally ill then he should have sought treatment.

All he probably had to do was go to a pub or bar, or whatever you call them over in the states. He could have even gone alone, he didn't even have to be with friends if he doesn't have any.... and get drunk and talk to some ladies. I'm not surprised he didn't pull if he didn't try!

By assuming women don't want him I'm guessing he sealed his own demise, and so obviously they wouldn't smile at him etc. He should have tried smiling at them first for a change.... he could have started with the gym, there might have been some nice older single women there, probably some of those he killed! Or even those already married or in a relationship are worth a shot if they're extra gorgeous!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Or even those already married or in a relationship are worth a shot if they're extra gorgeous!

Shot?

Really?

Probably a bad choice of words eh?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What about Madam Palm?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Women can act pretty whack. I mean, there's lot's of things that us guys can complain about. They can make life so difficult sometimes with their little difficult ways.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What do you say to a wife with 2 black eyes?

Nothing. You already told her a thousand times.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I wonder if he ever thought that the impulses that led him to kill a bunch of innocent women in an aerobics class might have been readily apparent to women he tried to date. That is, how hard was it for women he approached to pick up on his 'creepy' vibe? Gee, maybe that had something to do with his not getting a date. His misogynistic temperament surely contributed to his lack of heterosexual interaction. Which is sort of obvious, and ironic, and self-fulfilling and inevitable...I guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

Good one booger flick...now do us all a favor and uninstall your operating system.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

geez man...wow.
you been drinkin' tonight?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This guy was messed up, period.

he sounds like the sort of guy who has serious anti social problems that are just acceptable enough for no one to say "hey dude, seriously get some help"... In fact I bet there was no one left in his life to even be in a position to even consider that - he was just the dude you saw around but had no reason to interact with what so ever.

There are several things that I would of suggested to this guy had I ever met him - taking a chill pill and kicking back is about as far as I can go considering the T's&C's....

What a whack job... I know why he went to the gym, he thinks all women should be like Zena warrior princess and be totally into his unreal ego.

That jerk should of saved some ammo and just offed himself before he left his house.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Do you know your neighbors well? Do you talk to them? Do you have a social interaction with people other than at work or social clubs/athletic events? If not, maybe you are part of the problem. Meet and greet. This person did not have the social skills to find a mate.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The man wasn't the end of the world physically (ok, certainly no casanova, but hey). Picture:

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that which was patently inattractive was a russian roulette of personal values. Take your pick.

1. Angry
  2. Increasing Desperate
  3. Being a geek isn't always fashionable
  4. Psychotic disorders

A person who is planning an "exit strategy" is bound to have some glaring cognitive ticks that are easily spotted and avoided like the plague.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Oscitate]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I read the news as yet another incitement to 'ban guns'

There were 3 mass shootings in the US during the same 24 hours, according to Oz news

' See what guns can do ! See how they kill innocent people at gyms, at fast food places ! We need to get rid of guns. Then stuff like this won't happen any more ' is the message I suspected was being transmitted along with these ' 3 mass shootings in US in 24 hours' reports.

Afterwards, the media reports that the gunman was 'depressed' and various people come forward to attest that yes, he was depressed.

Most people are automatically suspicious of anything reported by the media these days, even on the occasions the reports are factual. They made us distrust them.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yeah i think this guy was nuts too. If he really wanted the company of a woman, well, there are places to go for that.
If he wanted the LOVE of a woman, all he had to do was lower his standards. Pretty easy concepts to grasp, and if indeed he couldn't understand such a simple thing it makes me think he was either retarded or nuts or both.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

WEOPPOSEDECEPTION
What about Madam Palm?

Contrary to popular opinion, there are services a woman can offer a man other than sex. Anyone who is emotionally capable of freaking out to the extent of going into a gym and killing people probably has needs more complicated than merely sexual release.

john124
All he needed was confidence to sort his life out

...and what if he did not have that confidense? Is he "out of luck?"

He should have tried smiling at them first for a change....

...excuse me? Just like that? 19 years and you think he never tried smiling? You really think a little smile would have solved his problems?

All he needed was confidence
He should have tried smiling at them first for a change....
he could have started with the gym, there might have been some
nice older single women there, probably some of those he killed!

I see. So your solution for him would have been to "become confidant," learn to smile, spend time in a gym...so you want him to change his personality, learn people skills and change his appearance. Umm...anything else? Shall he also become rich? What about some cosmetic surgery? Should he get that too? Why not ask him to become famous while we're at it?

And all this just to have settle for a "nice, older woman?"

I think in saying "oh, he just needed to change a couples things about himself" you completely misunderstand, and you come across as rude and condescending in the process. This man spent 19 YEARS single. You seriously believe he spent all 19 of those years hiding in a basement whining to himself and not trying anything?

Saying "change yourself so others will accept you" is not functinal. It doesn't work. It doesn't satisfy the need to accepted. It's living a lie, and even if an indiviudual is loosely-enough attached to their sense of self that they can pull it off and maybe get laid once or twice, it DOES NOT fulfill emotional needs. Rather, it simply grinds cruelly the affirmation that "I am so undesireable that the only way I can get anyone to act like they like me is to pretend to be somebody else."

[edit on 6-8-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Unless new information comes to light (and/or is invented) I don't buy the story.

So far, all we've heard over here is that he started shooting at random then shot himself.

But -- did he have a previous history of violence? Had he a record of anti-social behaviours ? Had he been victimised by groups of women who laughed at his attempts to join them/get to know them ? Had he had any previous girlfriends (seeing the last one was supposedly 19 years ago, it will be hard for any of them to remember what he was like) with recollections of him back then ?

Criminologists claim that anti-social behaviours (such as mass murder) decrease with each year after approx. 30 years of age. So, if someone hasn't demonstrated criminal, violent or anti-social behaviours up to age 30, they're not likely to start, according to the experts.

Introverted, lacking in confidence, shy, socially-inept type people usually harm themselves, not others. They commit suicide in 'considerate' ways (in order to spare family and the authorities).

In all these 'crazed gunman' cases emerging from the US, the killer is usually described as 'a loner' and 'strange', often as 'being obsessed' about something or other. Very convenient for those telling the story.

I tend to suspect this poor guy was set-up to commit this crime, this very public, highly publicised crime, in order to strengthen anti-gun laws. That's what screams out to me

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
So far, all we've heard over here is that he started shooting at random then shot himself.

Not totaly at random... There is enough information in the released stories to indicate that this guy had serious women problems.

Fraud would have a field day if he had any information on his mother and this 'last' relationship back in the 80's.

top topics

join