It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you have childhood paranormal experiences?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have had numerous experiences growing up. my mom never doubted/passed off my experiences thankfully. she believed me when i would say that type of stuff. I believe it was my father up until I turned 18/moved out. After that just not so much, but sometimes things do happen. Still scares the be-geebus outta me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
just a lot of sleep paralysis. waking in the mornings , not being able to
turn the handle on my bedroom door, so i would call out to mom to get her to open it. no sound would come out.
i remember being so puzzled, not being able to turn the door nob, or make any sounds. frustrated i'd turn around to get back in bed and
there i would be, crashed out bigtime. weird how that never startled me.
the mind just seems to accept things like that when your very young.
never happened after aruond age ten though.
now days i've seen more than my share of ufos. never a ghost though.
good thread i'll flag ya.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I still recall noticing this grey, humanoid shape had no 'face' -- it was just blank. Wierd

did you know, there is a faceless demon? do a search on it and see what turns up. but i think that was most likly what you encountered.
there is quit a bit about the faceless one in the occult.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Although I have experienced stranger stuff as a grown up, I can remember a time back when I was very young. About 5-6 years I think.

I used to go down the long stairs to our second floor appartment alone and at the bottom I was holding on to the banister and I felt tired...leaned forewards. Then I started floating around...I could move where I wanted to down in the hall. I seemed to be in a sleepy mood, but can still remember the fear of someone coming in or down the stairs to see me in this state. I opened the door out once...peeked out,but no..if I went out someone would be able to see me so I didnt. I did this several times and one day it just stopped...and I seemed to have forgotten about it. I can remember I went down the stairs...put myself into the usual position..all memories of it was blurry. I wasnt old enough to understand how impossible and strange this thing was, but I started to think about it again in older age.

Up to this date I dont really know what happened back then. Once or twice I think there was something there with me too, but I never could see it. It could ofc be a very vivid dream, but it happened several times and at a particular place. Can anybody help me out on explaining this?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ya know, I hadn't posted because I couldn't remember anything that happened to me in early childhood that was all that significant, but I just remembered something very strange that happened when I was about seven. My bedroom was at the very end of a hallway and the bathroom was at the beginning of the hallway, so I when I would have to get up during the night to go to the bathroom, I would have to walk down that hallway in the dark... or with just what light was coming out of my bedroom to light the way. At the end of the hallway was the living room and there was a recliner sitting there. I remember on at least two separate occasions that I walked down the hallway at night to go to the bathroom and there would be what I called "
George Washington" sitting in the chair... I would only see the back of the head... it would be white hair with a braid and it looked like one those powdered wigs that men used to wear during colonial times. It never did move... just sat there in the recliner with it's back to me. Even at seven years old, I knew there was no reason for the ghost of George Washington or anybody that looked like him to be in my house. I live in the middle of Kentucky, LOL! It's mostly a rural area and always has been so I seriously doubt that anyone like that ever lived anywhere nearby. So anyway, I never did say anything about it because I figured people would think I was nuts. Years passed and I had pretty much forgotten it, when my sister told me that she used to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and saw "George Washington" sitting in that recliner in the living room, lol! So, I have no idea what some George Washington looking guy was doing in my house! In the same house, I was around the same age and in my bedroom one night, and my little brothers crib was across the room from me. I was sitting up in bed talking to him and saw a black, shiny alligator looking thing appear under his crib, throw it's head back and then disappear... scared the hell out of me!

Another thing I can remember, but I'm not really sure about is seeing my father after he passed away. I was only 4 when he died of cancer, but I can remember going into stores and seeing him talking to people and I would tell the person I was with that my daddy was over there, but they would tell me that no, he's "gone to heaven" and he can't be. So, I don't know if I only saw someone that LOOKED like him or if I was actually seeing his ghost.

Just one other thing that comes to mind is that once, my grandmother was holding me when I was about three and I very clearly saw a little dog run across the floor and disappear. My grandmother never had dogs in the house.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Not paranormal like ghosts. Once when I was 14 I was laying on my bed. It almost felt like I had a split second seizure, my whole body felt weird. While that was happening a book on a bookcase "shot" across the room and hit the opposite wall. It never happened again. There was no way my "seizure" made that book move. My body felt all tingly after the "seizure" like funny bone through my whole body. Definitely weird.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

That's definitely odd. They say that many teens give off energy that causes poltergeist activity... maybe it was something like that. Very odd though, that's for sure!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My early childhood was filled to the brim with paranormal experiences.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I vaguely remember it but, when I was around 4 or 5, my mother had me on the counter, and was putting on my shoes.
I don't remember but, she said I started bursting out laughing, and I said "mom! look at the funny man!"

The only thing I remember is what the figure looked like.
It was wearing what looked like early 1900's clothing

That's the only thing I remember, but my mother said she used to hear me laughing at night for no reason, from when I was 1-5 years old.

My mother also saw this figure and 2 others one night, a man, women and child, standing at the door to her bedroom.
She observed them for a moment or two, then they vanished, and not long after she yet again heard me laughing in my crib!

I looked into the history of that house, and it belonged to a man and his wife and child, and the man used to house orphans, but there was a fire in 1909, which killed the man and his family.

It explains it all, the man loved children, and must have played with me at night as child.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Oooh, share them please! I love these stories!!!

Line 2.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I had experiences growing up through my early teens, they were always the same, I would here a womans voice from down the hall or from behind me, but never anyone there. Always put chills down my spine.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
By the time I was 3, I was able to fully control my dreams. I still remember them. Got bored of my dreams since I had to make up everything that happens. Had to learn how to let my dreams go random and chaotic just to enjoy them and get lost in my dreams. That seemed to lead to what others call paranormal activity or just plain unordinary.

Decades later, things do happen more. Control of the dreams was just a step in my strength of will-power. Memories beyond this body's lifetime are known.

Nowadays, I try to keep the reality around me balanced with what I can do. I've seen some pretty wild things I'm sure others would completely freak about. The body always reacts, and that is good. Deep inside there is no fear. Thank and love the fears that the body senses, and they pass.

I thing I've learned is that emotional trauma can make dark shadows seem like they real ghosts, ghouls, demon, and so on. The emotional trauma may be your own or from someone else. Someone that is really good with empathy (senses beyond the body) can tell the difference between emotional trauma rendered into paranormal likeness and the difference from real dimensional beings. If you are not awakened, then most likely you need not worry about dimensional beings, as they generally are already taken care of before you realize. Just assume emotional trauama even residue from past events and learned to open your heart and spread the love. if you feel paralyzed by the fear... just say "thank you for this fear" the best you can and trust me you'll notice a change that'll let you move again.

P.S. hinted to also say something like -- "Welcome to [my] reality"... but hmmm

[edit on 13-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
One experience stands out to me:

This happened when I was 4-5 years old while in my morning kindergarten class.

I remember sharpening a pencil with a pencil sharpener that was attached to a closet door. As I sharpened my pencil the door to the closet came slightly open. I took a peek behind the door and I saw a huge white room with children sitting in a big circle. In the middle of the circle there was a woman dressed as a witch. She seemed to be telling the children a story. I continued to look until the woman noticed me and pointed at me. She then began to walk closer to me and then I quickly shut closet door out of fear.

I believe that I opened that closet door the next day and all I saw was the inside of a small closet. That door was not connected to any rooms.

I still think about that experience to this day ( i am 24 years old now). I wonder if it was a hallucination or something else.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I sorta had a paranormal experience when i was around 4-5 years old. It only happened at night time in the middle of the night. When i use to get up in the middle of the night when i was afraid i always saw a darkish/brown mysterious figure standing beside my doorframe. He wore a 1940 detectives hat, sorta looked like sherloc holmes. I saw him for about 5 months mabey. After that never saw him again. Years later when i was around 13-14 i told my mom about it, and she told me thoose were the exact clothes my uncle peter useto wear before he died. Coincedince?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have one experience that has stuck with me, i was 3 years old and i got to sleep in the floor with milk and cookies and watch my favorite cartoon it was the wuzzles. I remember it like it was this morning, I remember waking up really early and all i had for a blanket was the bottom sheet. it was very very cold seing my breath. The tv was on and the vcr had been rewinding the tape and replaying it all ngiht i guess, because i remember it was my favorite part of the cartoon. I glanced down the hallway to see if mom and dad were awake for breakfast. All i could see was the shape of a very tall broad man that actually looked like bubbles when you pour them on blacktop. It frightened me so much i remember trying to yell mommy but nothing would come out but i could see my breath. All of a sudden the back door to the house which this figure was facing flung open and my words came back and i yelled out mommy. The figure said (Its ok Buddy Im Just Saying Goodbye.) My mother came out of her room and ran out the back door to see who was talking to me. There was no one there. Later that day after dad added a safety lock to the door, My mother found out that my Grandfather had passed away that morning from a heartattack.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yeah I got a good one that is far different from these others. I have always had paranormal experiences since childhood and as a teen I experienced so many different psychic experiences of differing types that most were distinct from the others. For the sake of space I will refer to the most significant childhood experience I had.

I have a lot of sleeping troubles even as a child. I was so terrified of spiders that I refused to sleep in the dark. Well, when I was about five years old we lived right next to a slaughter house (butcher) and shared the parking lot with the butcher. My window in my bedroom looked out directly into this parking lot.

The butcher would cast the waste (guts and intestines) out on the patio at the end of the day for disposal the next morning.
One night I was sleepless so I went to the window and looked outside for some reason that I don't know. I was completely entranced at what I saw, I noticed these nasty looking blobs (guts) out on the patio. Next thing I saw these guts slowly get up and take a creature like form and start walking around. I was so scared I never have forgotten it. I have seen statues that look like these things did. The head was like a tube that came up and lopped forward and their bases took the form of legs,but these also looked like walking blobs with figures like arms as well.

The statues I have seen when I was twenty that looked a lot like they did, was a Satanic picture where there was a Satyr playing a pan flute to an audience of creatures that appeared as those guts did. They had no faces no hands or feet but had the figures of arms and legs with a tube like head that lopped over towards the front. I still don't know what it was but I believe it was evil. That is one of my many stories I could share.

This is one that I will never forget.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok, I don't think I had any special abilities as a child or anything, I just think it was a right time/right place thing.
When I was 8, I went to a slumber party and of course the ouija board comes out. It was the 80's after all. My friend was convinced that her house was haunted and we should contact the spirit and convince it to leave (we where 8 ok)
I didn't believe in all that stuff, so I sat on the couch, ate popcorn, and watched an appropriately cheesy 80's movie. They where going along, getting scared, as girls will, when the board came back with the statement "someone will die". I laughed my bum off and asked which one of them was doing that. They ignored me and asked who. It came back with "bunny". WTH was bunny, it just stated that over and over, till one of my friends got to scared and they put it away. I spent the rest of the night making fun of them and jumping out from behind doors.
Two days later my mom picks me up in the middle of the school day. We have to go home and pack. We're going to my nana's funeral. For the next few days I was emotional, and didn't give the ouija board another thought. During the memorial service, the pastor is telling us all the good things about my nana. How she was kind and giving, etc. The next part is burned into my memory like a laser. He went on to say she had such a gentle soul, people called her Bunny. Until that day, I'd only know her as Nana or MJ. Even if I had subconsciously known about the nickname, I wasn't touching the ouija board. I never had a childhood experience like that since. Things have happened in my adult life, mostly involving my stepkids, but not for 3 or 4yrs-plus I think they where directly linked to the house we where in.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join