It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you have childhood paranormal experiences?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It is said very often that very young children are able to see and communicate with spirits or "ghosts", if you will, but that the ability to do so diminishes as we grow older because we learn to not accept such things. This leads me to my question...

Do you remember having paranormal experiences as a child that stopped when you got older? For example, did you have an "imaginary friend" that really wasn't imaginary? Were you able to see and communicate with loved ones that had passed on?

Feel free to tell of anything you experienced as a child that you now realize wasn't quite normal.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Although I had some paranormal experiences in childhood (deja vu in particular, plus others) they tended to increase significantly from when I was in my late teens and onwards.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Same here... well, maybe not late teens for me... I think I was 14 or 15 when it started, but I always wondered about the children who are supposed to be able to see things. I'm almost jealous that I wasn't one of them, lol. I mean, I had a few things to happen to me, but nothing like what I hear about some children.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I had dejavu as a kid alot. My mom said when i described these experiences that it meant i was going crazy lol. I never saw a ghost but i was very preoccupied with death when i was around 7 or 8. I always felt things. I have always been empathic i guess although i really didnt know thats what it was. I once had an episode of sleep paralysis where i awoke but couldnt move and i could hear everything aroundme i could even feel the wind coming through my window but i couldnt open my eyes. I willed myself to go back to sleep if you can call it that and i awoke sometime later. I was 9 then. I always had an overwhelming sensation when i was around that age and onwards that i came here with a purpose like i had a reason to be here and when i fulfilled it i would know. I told this to my mom also who thinks again i am loony lol. Also i knew from when i was a kid that we would be involved in a war in the 1990's. I was born in 1969 and i said this to my family one day when i was like 8 or 9 i think. It just popped out of my mouth one day when we were all watching tv and i think it was the news or something regarding fighting overseas and i said that in the 1990's the united states will be in a war. My mom laughed at me and asked why i would say something like that and i said i dont know i just know it. Of course this was the 1970's at the time and they thought i was nuts and it got forgotten about. The day sadam invaded kuwait i was at my girlfriends house who later became my wife and we were into some heavy kissing and such and i stopped when i caught ear of what was going on and i froze. I dont know how i knew but i knew right then at that moment that this was what i felt when i was a kid. We hadnt declared war on sadam yet or anything but i knew it and i told my girlfriend that this is it. This is what i told you was going to happen. We will go to war with this guy.
Lastly there is one other bit of something i KNEW when i was a kid and it has me a bit worried not alot but a little bit. I have always known i will die during a war. I used to think i would die fighting in a war and i realized one day that that is not what the feeling was exactly just that i will die during a time of war. I thought that back during the gulf war that i would get drafted and all hell was goingt o break loose and i would die. I was very afraid then. Well it didnt happen that way but the other half of this is i always felt i would die during a war and in my 40's. I am 40 this year. Sure hope i am wrong about this one. I have also known i will be shot. dont know if thats what kills me i just know i will be shot during this time so i guess its safe to assume.
Anyways its no big deal since we all gotta go and i am living on borrowed time anyways since i already had my heart stop twice and now have a pacemaker. I count everyday as a blessing. The weird thing is that when i was 21 i did a ouija board with some friends and this subject of death came up and it said that i would be shot in the chest at the age of 44. Find that kinda weird since it lines up with my childhood feelings.

As far as childhood things with ghosts i never had them but my son has.
When my father died of cancer he died at my house. My son was 3 at the time and his room is where my father died. We gave that room to my mom and him and my son was moved into my daughters room. My dad lived with me for about a year. Around 6 months or so after my father passed my son was in his room playing and we heard him talking to someone. My wife went into the room and asked him who he was talking to and he told us it was his pawpaw. We bothed looked at each other and kinda shrugged it off but wondered. About 3 weeks later i was in my room which was around the corner from my sons room at the end of the hall and i was in my bed reading when i saw the light in the hallway come on. No big deal right. Except it didnt just turn on. It started glowing faintly until it got brighter and brighter and brighter and eventually got brighter than i thought the light could go and then just went off. I laid there freaked out. I hollered for my wife and i still hadnt moved or looked away from the bulb. She came to the room and asked what was wrong and i asked her to please go turn on the hallway light. She asked why and i said cause i wanna see something. I thought it had burned out or something. She went to the switched and flipped it. The light came on and nowhere near as bright as i saw it. The switch had been off. I told her what happened and she thought it was weird but not too shocked by it. I bet if she had saw what i saw she would have been. I alaways thought if i saw a ghost it would be no big deal cause after all what can it do to you to make you so afraid to see it. After that episode i dont know now. My son continued to say weird things during this time. We had a picture of jesus in the living room where he is welcoming someone home and i think the passage says homecoming or something with jesus holding his arms out to a person who has passed. My 3 year old looked at the picture one day and said dad thats where pawpaw went. I asked him how did he know this and he said pawpaw told him. I said do you still see pawpaw in your room and he said no he had to go. My son doesnt remember any of this today. Me and the wife are divorced now and my son is 9. He doesnt seem to have any gifts or abilities pertaining to paranormal stuff but my daughter inherited my ability to sense things.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i found out whats beneath lochness, a town called lakewood heights, as featured in the stephen king movie the stand and needfull things

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
one time when i was really young, like four, I woke up filled with fear and looked over. There was a brown monster playing an ominous drum beat beside my bed. I still remember that drumbeat over 20 years later.

another time i tape recorded a weird pulsating that apparently was going on in my room. I had a dual cassette recorder and was recording a sixty minute tape onto a ninety, so when on the one side the thirty minutes ran out, it would stop, and the remaining fifteen minutes would record what was in the room. to be honest it sounded something like an engine in a scifi movie, which freaked me out.
It all coincided witha brief period during which i checked out the astral plane stuff and obe's, both of which i was successful in achieving. Pretty creepy stuff living basically in the woods with single mom and little bro and sis.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well, let's see, the very first thing I remember is feeling something wasn't right with my favorite uncle all day one day when I was eight. He had shot himself that day at exactly the time I felt distressed about him. Of course, I wasn't told he shot himself, that's another story. I was 15 or 16 maybe playing with a friend on the ouija and I spoke to said uncle and he told me how he died. You see I asked a control question about him that I thought I knew the answer to, of course when the spirit spelled that out I went berzerko and told my friend "# this stuff, it's not him!". I was always told that you ask a control question and to know you know the answer to it, but nobody else does, so you know they arent moving the pointer. Also, you have to be sure you are not pushing it yourself. In this case I went right to my mom and asked if that Uncle did die from shooting himself, he did, So in this case I knew later against all I beleived prior that it was in fact my uncle whom I spoke with. So I knew the ouija was not just a game then, I had proof I never knew this and I am sure as H*** my friend could not have known this either. My mom by the way, went white as a sheet when I told her how I came by this information.
So those things and the fact that for the longest time I had precognitive dreams for weeks straight all daily mundane things in the normal course of the day and they always always proved true the next day, right down to what people wore, said,did, and had(If they had a pencil in their mouth etc) whatever to a T. Then when I was like 17 I heard my grandmom's voice the night she died at precisely the time she died, she called my name. Sadly I never saw any ghosts. But pretty psychic for my early years.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

This is a good question and I hope you get a lot of good stories.

There are for sure plenty of good stories out there.

The pattern I see, though, is that the people with that much spiritual ability and sensitivity get so busy as they get older that they just don't allow themselves the time to read and post on sites like this.

I'm sure some will, though.

For me, I just had a few experiences of seeing things very clearly, I guess in dreams, that I just couldn't explain to myself or anybody else. A recall can be so clear. And some of these other experiences can also be extremely real.

My own experiences are dwarfed by the stories I have heard. I hope this thread will give readers a better idea of what some kids go through when they hit one of these things.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don't have any grand stories. However, I do recall when I was much younger I could naturally see auras. I've heard discussions about all kids being able to do this but I'm not that easily convinced. Also through my teen years I had numerous precognitive dreams, none of destruction or anything, just ordinary day to day things

Hopefully with this bump we can get some juicy stories in here, eh?.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I've recalled a few things, such as hearing voices that told me to do things like make a phone call. Which, according to memeory, was a phone call to Bobby Kennedy, who spoke to my father and later came to our house. That's a bizarre memory. My dad gave me the phone bill when I moved out and got married, along with an old CIA patch still in plastic.

First it was a mans voice, then later it was a female that usualy spoke to me and claimed she was my guardian or guardian angel. Supposedly; Gabriel female pronunciation.

I also recall having been called on by people sometimes as if calling some one out from me as if some alter or trigger name three times in a row. And it wasn't Beetlegeuse either, it was Gabriel. Why, idk.

But I think the biblical mention of the name Littehorn is a referrence to Little Gabriel. Remember, Gabriel is the arch angel with the horn.

Angelic or the fallen beings, ( aliens etc,) may also be using known names.

I've seen angelic type beings made of light. I've seen beings very similar to the ones from the movie Cocoon.

I recall having also seen a young girl my age as an angelic spirit that sat down next to me, but I can't recall what we talked about. She had points of light in parts of her that remind me of some astronomical pictures of gas clouds and stars seen through them. Somewhat like those in Star Wars.

Sadly though, I've also been diagnosed as schizophrenic with delusions etc.

So, it's really discouraging in a way. I suppose not many, if any, would take what I've recalled seriously, other than likely delusions.

There's so many, I could write a book. Unfortunately, others apparently already have. Makes me wonder if they were made from my experiences, or as people typically say; from me reading and watching these fictional stories.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Sleep paralasis as a child all the way up to the age of 18/19. Nothing since then. Even though it scared the crap out of me, I kind of miss it because it was interesting to me and I knew that there was more to it than just 'waking up paralized while dreaming'. Those experiences included strange cloaked beings with no visable face,trying to suffocate me by packing bags of cement on my back, a woman in floral dress trying to suffocate me with a pillowcase although no force was used(almost as though she had no physical power). I would lay there, and I could see everything happening beind me, without looking.

Once, I was lying on the couch trying to fall asleep with my back to the room. Behind me, I could see a girl in a white dress sitting at the sliding door looking very sad, as I plucked up the 'power' to turn around, she was gone but the sliding door was still open. It wasnt open before I saw her there.

The scariest by far- I was lying in bed asking my boyfriend quietly if he was sleeping. I asked because I heard something on the wooden stairs. He didnt answer. All of a sudden I was paralised from fear. This 'girl' that looked like a half dead version of me came crawling around my bed. She had black hair, big dark brown eyes and long skinny arms. She took a hold on my arm and started pulling it and rubbing it intensly. The way she was looking at me with this weird needy grin on her face made feel terrified as though she wanted something from me...I couldnt move, speak,scream, nothing. Finally, I jolted up screaming and crying waking my boyfriend. I could still fell the pain in my arm from her hands after she was gone.

It took alot of guts to write this...I keep looking behind me in case shes back.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I dont think you're crazy
. For what it's worth, you're lucky to have experienced such facinating things.Not many people get that opportunity.
It's probably helped to open up your mind to new things that others dont understand.

Congrats! I wish I could talk to my guardian angel...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

She's done some bizaare things. She would show up at my house to give me something using some other womans body. Than the woman would come back to my door as if she was lost. One time, she called me on the phone because she was held up by a train? So bizarre. It's been awhile, but she typically didn't anounce herself anyway.

Actually, many of these memories have only recently in the past few years come back to me as if repressed. That's also discouraging and also suggests delusions as having been more current. argh. It's really confusing.

I've had quite a few negative experiences also. I've recalled having been pushed out of my body along with another person; a female, and both hopelessly watched as ghosts as they did things we both wouldn't have.

Especially, in a Chinese restauarant. I've recalled having seen this one man a few times, dressed as a catholic priest in one of their white robe outfits.

So too many stories.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I've had quite a few negative experiences also. I've recalled having been pushed out of my body along with another person; a female, and both hopelessly watched as ghosts as they did things we both wouldn't have.

If I unedrstand correctly, you as well as the other person, the female where pushed out of your single body? Who did things you wouldnt have? Did something else take over your physical body?

Also, regarding the delutions, where or are you put onto prescription medication? (esspecially as a child).

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I have had a few experiences when I was a kid. One incident when I was about 5 after my grandmother died has always stuck with me. I remember it so clearly like it was yesterday really.

I had gone into my parent's room to take a nap. As I was waking up from that nap I distinctly heard my mom and sister talking out in the hallway. It then went quiet and I remember feeling like someone had sat down on the edge of the bed. Then I remember someone was stroking my head and my face. I thought it was my mom coming to wake me up so I opened my eyes to tell her I was awake, and there was no one there, but I still felt the stroking on my face. I screamed bloody murder and my mom came running into the room asking me what was wrong and I told her someone was touching me. She comforted me and told me I must have been dreaming but I knew I was awake.
Years later, my mother and I were talking about all the weird things that use to happen in the house. (Everyone in my family has had some experience or another, even a few of my friends have had them) I mentioned that incident and she said that she remembered that. At the time she didn't want to scare me but she admitted that she believed that I was being touched that day. She said right before she heard me scream, she had smelled her mother's perfume waft by her. She thinks it was my grandmother and after that conversation we had, I do too.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

No meds that I'm aware of. I did recall having been on anti-seizure medications and having seizures. But my father denied it. And yet, I'm now on a medication for bipolar, that's also an anti-siezure two of my kids are now on for seizures. Why would my father lie? My cousin on my moms side has MS.

I've recalled having been hypnotized or someone trying to anyway. I don't think it went well for him either.

My recall of being pushed out was by two spirits. One supposedly female and the other, the one male I've seen as a priest.

The womans spirit I don't recall what she looked like, or even was female.

I really don't like to discuss who the other female was or were. But I know the owner of the restaurant called the police and he came in, but went back outside.

When things were over and I was leaving, the cop was just sitting in his car looking forward and staring as if in a trance. Kinda like the Taken series and other stories.

My understanding is they just don't do this for the fun of it, they do this to procreate using other peoples DNA. Apparently, they're also capable of manipulating what the child will be and look like.

Much like the stories of the fallen going into the daughters of men. Fallen, might just mean ghosts.

Cops have tried to interfere before and got hurt or worse. It's been awhile and things have been quiet......for me anyway.

Delusions or not, they are hard to deal with and forget.......now anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I really don't think these two spirits came from me personally. There were two living people, one female and one male used as hosts. The two spirits were unknown except for the one I've seen as a living person, supposedly.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I asked about the meds because you said that the memories of these happenings were basicly suppressd and recently surfaced again. I thought that maybe the meds where affecting the suppresion. I wonder if they diagnosed you purely on these events that you explained or if they accually did a proper examination involing scans and those sorts.

Im not saying stop takng the meds but I really think you need to get a second opinion and propper diagnosis.

As I said before, I dont think you are schizophrenic. Unless you are permanently paranoid and think everyone is out to get you,pltting against you etc..But Im not a doctor.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Child onset schitzophrenia.
www.schizophrenia.com...

A child's stage of development must be taken into account when considering a diagnosis of mental illness. Behaviors that are normal at one age, may not be at another. Rarely, a normal young child may report strange experiences�such as hearing voices�that would be considered abnormal at a later age. Clinicians look for a more persistent pattern of such behaviors. Parents may have reason for concern if a child of 7 years or older often hears voices saying derogatory things about him or her, or voices conversing with one another, talks to himself or herself, stares at scary things�snakes, spiders, shadows�that aren't really there, and shows no interest in friendships. Such behaviors could be signs of schizophrenia, a chronic and disabling form of mental illness.

Adult schitzophrenia

Schizophrenia is characterized by profound disruption in cognition and emotion, affecting the most fundamental human attributes: language, thought, perception, affect, and sense of self. The array of symptoms, while wide ranging, frequently includes psychotic manifestations, such as hearing internal voices or experiencing other sensations not connected to an obvious source (hallucinations) and assigning unusual significance or meaning to normal events or holding fixed false personal beliefs (delusions). No single symptom is definitive for diagnosis; rather, the diagnosis encompasses a pattern of signs and symptoms, in conjunction with impaired occupational or social functioning

I hope this helps. x

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

As far as I can recall, I was diagnosed as having schizoaffective and dissociative identity disorder in or around 2002. I basically started recalling some things around 9/11. I know I've been exposed to parasites and molds. I was on cipro and had some really bad side effects from it.

I had been on immipramine at one point before 9/11 and was cut off cold turkey, because I hadn't seen a psychiatrist and the doctor couldn't by law refill a prescription after 6 months. ( so I've heard)

I than had some really weird and severe headaches like someone was hitting in the back of my head with some musical instrument like some loud gong or whatever. It would drop me to my knees. I guess it was a seizure? I guess these were also withdrawls. Although, I've heard it can also be related to some psychic/paranormal situations I think mentioned by David Wilcock.

I do't think it was the meds. It was as if that time to start recalling these things as if planned that way. Some have mentioend MK ultra.

I had supposedly seen many past and future events psychically as if some prophet around the summer solstice 6/21/91. I recall driving past where I live now and telling my wife back then that I would live here alone.

I also recalled having told some of these things to some JW I wa working for back then, such as the Twin Towers on 9/11. He had said back then that it was impossible and said I would be called the false prophet. OOPS.

Too much to list and just end up rambling on and on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join