It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what event opened your eyes?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
9/11. After that, everything changed.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
I first woke up to the religion trap because it's nonsensical and contradictory. That started me down the path of trying to find what is true. 911 woke me up to the corruption and lies of government. Since then I have found very little that isn't a con.

I guess for me the hypocrisy of the ppl running the religious
rhetoric like tammy faye, jim baker, oral roberts, etc etc.

Once I got out of childhood my suspicions just grew that much
of what went on in the world was just lies and manipulation.

I think my distrust of society came from being abandoned by my
father as a child, and my mom working long hours and going to
higher education most of my youth.

So I was raised by my grand parents, and the ones on my dad's
side of the family had enormous issues with the corrupt government.

My grandfather was very vocal about it being crooked and corrupt.

Studying history pointed out inconsistencies between writers, and
I knew again someone had an agenda.

I ended up in the military and it confirmed most of what my
grandfather had said.

I tested high so I worked on guided missile radar and avoided some
of what he went thru.

After the military I worked for many companies and even the military
again as a defense contractor after 911.

All of this even further made me believe that we are often lied to.

I read a lot, I have not watched TV nightly in over a decade.

I think that is a factor in me waking up as well.

When the internet finally was open to the public I was like a dry
sponge and soaked up all I could, even thou there is a lot of BS
on the internet there is a lot of good info out there amongst the chaff.

The thing that made me realize just how bad things were, was most
likely the conspiracy surrounding kennedy's murder.

His head going back and to the left is all you need to know that at
least one shot came from the front.

We will likely never know the full extent of him being killed , but odds
are some of it had to do with Executive order 11,110.

The movie 911 press for truth was the thing that made me realize
that more of the same was going on yet again.

Operation Northwoods also was a wake up call.

Operation Garden plot.

Operation Paper clip.

The list just keeps going.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sorry dude, I don't believe in the NWO. The only "true" conspiracy I've witnessed was 911. The only true conspiracy I heard about before it that was real was pearl harbor.

Dude, I've been through the system twice, and I fell ya. I got my face rearranged in jail by the enemies of the skinheads, I'm white, and i got setup (for that particular ass whoopin) by a skinhead.

I agree that there are people with way too much clout but that doesent make them the NWO.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Some Guy
Am I the only person that thinks this might be a thread to gather information?

What gave our game away to you?
Maybe you'll mention your age at the time.
Was it an online source?
How many of the plans do you know about?

OK Frank, looks like we can't use Operation This, Operation That, Project One Thing or Project Other Thing.
They still don't notice the others, so we'll keep going with those.

www.truthexposed.com...

i'm confused about this one, are you accusing me of something? spit it out if you are.
otherwise, i am seeing a pattern here, it seems for the younger generation 9/11 was a big one, then back to ruby ridge, waco etc........

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My journeys has been life long like most of yours. Since I was a child I didn't understand some of the things my parents went through and why. It seemed like a lot of the things they did were overly complicated.

I've never to this day understood the mentality of the importance of money. We've all seen people rip each other apart for little pieces of paper almost worth nothing. Then we've heard stories of people dying and almost dying and they realize the most important things are family and friends. I've never heard of anyone being close to death thinking, "Wow, look at all the money I have (that I can't take with me)."

Anyways, I used to go to Republican committee meetings with my dad and see how ridiculous those meetings were. I've also hated working. Not even because of laziness, I just never saw the point. Being forced to be at an office or lab or wherever, to get a #ty paycheck to live in a small house/apt. to just barely squeak by.

When I really woke up, was a close friend of mine had a father who was very high up in the gov't, a lower ranking Freemason. My friend remembers crawling under his father's desk while his father had coffee with the Secretary of Defense back in the late 70's/ early 80's.

Then, I got the information overload. He showed me Denver National Airport, 9/11 Truth, ...etc. And it felt like something clicked in my head. This is why I was born here and now; this is what I'm here for. From then on until now, I've researched so much that I'm not the same person I was a week ago let alone 3 years ago.

At one point, I had gotten so deep into it and had so many people tell me I was crazy that I had to stop for a bit and re-evaluate it all. But the overwhelming physical evidence and facts pointing to our own gov't creating 9/11 anchored me to pursuing the truth.

At this point I've gotten past the fear of the NWO, past the fear of the "end days" of the Mayan Calendar. The Mayan Calendar, the way I see it, is a mapping of a cycle/spiral/sine wave. The song is modulating to a new octave. Everyone evolves at their own pace. Some are ready some aren't, but there's always a choice, and I'm very excited for these next few years. It's going to be a wild ride.

Love,

Rob

[edit on 6-8-2009 by flysse]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

ok, we're getting deeper now. i do have a problem with putting hitler in nothing but a positive light. lets remember that hitler and his scientists were the first to mass dose humans with fluoride, knowing the effects it had.
have you ever read about the pain threshold tests done on children> skin them alive, and break bone, trying to figure out which race could withstand the most pain before basically passing out?
read some of mengele's journals.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

for me this was one of the easier conspiracies to believe.
kissinger
gordon brown

i've spent hours searching things like,'new world order quotes.'

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Blossom Goodchild and the Galactic Federation Of Light made me open my eyes to all the B.S. that people buy into

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ed Bradley was interviewing the clean up folks and they were talking about temperatures weeks after the buildings came down... and I just could not imagine those temperaturesd from a building collapse. So right after 911 about 6 weeks or so, I was suspecious we were not being told the whole story... but I was ready to go kick some raghead ass... thats for sure... and that bugged me, and everytime it bugged me I saw those people over and over you know those that Jumped... and a few months after that... I ran into Alex Jones. and alex introduced me to Jordan Maxwell. a few weeks after that, I was approached by the Marine Corp. commandant for Central Florida. He gave me a direct order. to tell all veterans to work for self sufficancy and he said Homeland Security was a Nazi Police Coup DaTa and they have concentration camps they plan to send all us veterans too. and then all hell broke loose with Siebel Edmonds, Professors etc... all pointed to facts that we are not being told. and the facts released in the 911 Commision Report does not even include WTC7...? and where are all the police reports of explosions...? and then the high temperatures at three sites... at that time I was only aware of two building and that 3rd hot spot was very mysterous and I thought it might me connected so how... and then I freaked.... but, didnt really dig beyond a strong suspicion... if you know what I mean... it wasnt right but you could put it together... I think the OMG ... moment happend after I watched Loose Change 2e ... so thats somewhere in 2005-6 I guess...
But for the depth of my 911 knowledge did not get ignited to the cause until I was aware of 911Truth... Which was with my then Hero, Bemus & Avery - and Willie H. Yes, We Need Some Truth ...
I'm not too sure how we got here... I can trace it back to the early 1920's so its been here a long time... and its on a seamless, timeline to I suppose this date with destiny Dec. 21, 2012 @ 11:11...
These NWO'ers know, and I can not get them to talk. the pieces of the puzzles that I have accumulated to date, basically say's // The Anti-Christ is alive, the ability to control the masses is all the evidence you need.
The wheels are turning to deal with this 911truth thing. They have already attempted several laws to address a voice they dis approve of. but then that is one of the more clearer ammendments. and the courts dare not void the document. it would take away there power.
and if the anti-christ is alive, why are we given choices... like life or death. he is a god... isnt he... why the propoganda.
are we sure, No... its a conspiracy that may be using christianity as a cover for Sun Worship... on SUNDAY... Lucieferians... after all Luciefer is the deciever... what better way to decieve than do exactly what our own government is doing.... They tell us what they are doing... just 180 degrees in the wrong direction..(spoken in Luciferian).. you assume its for the good... but their plan is to milk it for every penny - they drag it out for years... by then you cant remember.... Let me prove it....
if they want it to work it does... have you ever found a contractor who did not deliver the goods to mil spec. ... thats because the ineffiecentcies are on the public side of the operation... the leading edge stuff is blacked out.
and the last 30 years... Computers.... *BLACKED OUT* are excellent record keepers among other things....so I believe these are like little tattle tale boxes.. because trends and other things can be data mined... and data mining is very back room stuff. I cant imagine them avoiding such a treasure trove of data... I wish they would share but they cant or wont.
*** Able Danger - now thats a story...

thanks for reading.... sorry for the biography

[edit on 6-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I'm aware of those horrible tests and also know that the data gathered is still being used by the scientists today. If it weren't the Germans, some other Nation would have and has done. You also should see it in the perspective of the age in which it happened(how did a American Jail look like in 1943 and how were the circumstances the prisoners had to live in?). US citizens have also been used as test cattle. It was part of the tremendous developments and many scientific research in order to solve all riddles of the world. Germany was leading on every scientific front.

Germany and the German People were doing very well under Hitler before the war started. Yes, Great Grandpa Bush was involved in financing Hitler. The Zionists knew that Hitler was against Jews and their goal was creating sympathy so they could get their hands on Israel.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Haunebu]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I was still very young when my father told me about war. He was a UDT seal in 64-65. He told me about this stuff they would dump on triple canopy rainforest that would eat all three levels away to reveal the huts and people scurrying about. Or to clear for landing pads. It came in a oil drum sized barrel with a thin purple stripe on the outside. It had no official name, my father called it 'terrible-awful-nasty-#'. Later they changed the concentration around a bit and ended up putting an orange stripe on the outside. Guess what the name became of that crap?

He also told me about viet children being made to carry explosives, blowing up soldiers, and viet kids being sighted by a sniper and being shot for suspicion of being strapped. (some were, some weren't) how soldiers would smoke viet cigarettes and eat viet food like rice cooked in a monkey skull, ect. Lots of other things. Burning huts with women and children inside, ect.

I probably wasn't more than 6 years old when I started to figure out that life isn't all coloring and collages.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
St Vaast:

That post is heart-wrenching. Not much else I can say about it.

For me, it was 9-11. I was in the military for about a year before September the 11th and was set to turn 21 six days after.

This was a day I was looking forward to as I was going to 'come of age' stationed just outside of Honolulul, Hawaii. I really thought I was in good shape.

However, a couple of weeks BEFORE 9-11 a portion of my unit was sent to Bahrain (sp?), which is just off the coast of Afghanistan. This didn't cause much concern within the ranks during the time because this is just the sort of thing that happens when you are in the service.
However, it struck me odd almost immediately when that same portion of my unit found themselves on the front lines in Afghanistan immediately following the events in New York City.

So, with that in combination with the lack of appropriate Government response I pretty much knew that the Government at least KNEW that the attacks were to take place, and where they planned to counter-strike.

Much much later down the line I realized just HOW INVOLVED the Government actually was and lets just say that I no longer work for the US Army. They aren't a tool of the US anymore. They are a tool of the Global Elite and their goal is currently world domination... but at the price of the fall of the American way of life.

My oath is still to this day to protect our Constitution and I fight for it every day. But not like I used to. Now all I can do is tell people about it.

It is frustrating, though. Nobody cares enough to even listen.

Not to be snarky but only certain groups of ppl found themselves in Afghanistan shortly after 9/11 (and it was very last min) later to be joined by some support units .None of those units came from Hawaii ...just saying

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Back on topic. This thread is about how you woke up or started to. Not about arguing. Back to topic please. Good thread mod.

Almost like a support session for those of us who don't fit into an eye for eye society. Conscious evolution in the making via text.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
hi guys, its my first post

anyway, im 29 and live in the UK. what really opened my eyes: was when i was 12. and at school we learned about the JFK assination, my tutors told us so much information. then we watched JFK (movie). then at the ages of 14-17 my older cousins were into UFO's, aliens, paranormal and they told me about MJ 12. that really opened my eyes. then this lead to the Roswell incident, etc. then when i was in my early 20's i finally got access to the internet, wow, ive learned a lot! and most recently, 9/11. i was at work at the time and someone said to me that a jumbo jet had flew into a building in NY
. i couldnt focus the rest of that day. after work i went to a pub next to my work and they had sky news on. i couldn't believe it, i was devastated. i got home watched the news and the towers collapsed, i was in tears. but the thing that got me was: How the hell can a plane bring down a skyscraper? and also the way the towers collapsed, i knew then that it was a controlled demolition. then about 1 month ago i stumbled across ATS. this has fully open my eyes, and i dont think that i could ever shut them again!

Mick

[edit on 6-8-2009 by da_micksta]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

yes, there are so many aspects to the history that are ignored, and yes, the u.s. and many others funded and supported hitler. after the war many nazi scientist came to the states to basically continue their experiments, not all were bad, but many. many were. i remember reading about an agreement that the u.s. made with russia. the u.s. agreed that if russia helped free the camps, they were basically welcome to dismantle and ship all the munition and arms factories back to russia. it was called the something trains, but i can't remember. you definately seem knowledgable about the issue, that is just why i wonder why your pro-hitler. but i'm american and truly believe in freedom of speech and thought.
thanx for the conversation and honesty, i guess i'll never know for sure your reasoning. i see evil as just that, evil. whether it's hitler, or the american government doing test on civilians, it's all evil to me and i don't understand holding any of it in a positive light, even if there was positive in the long run that came from it.
i have one friend that spent half his life locked up, swears that if it wasn't for the aryan bro's he'd be dead. now that he's a free man, and has met some of my friends who are not white, and realized they are as much a human as he is, he's spent hundreds of dollars covering and removing his swastika tattoos. we all have lessons to learn, no doubt about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by flysse

who's arguing?
i find this to be one of the most civil threads i've read in a long time.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Right from an early age when I first began to read I was fasinated by astrology, just the simple 'stars' column in mums magazines at first, but that was the seed. From there it was all about predictions and prophecies, and as everybody on ATS knowns, once you start down the rabbit hole, you enter a whole different world.

But what really woke me up to what was going on in my own country was the Port Arthur massacre. A simpleton with an IQ of 85 was a patsie for a well planned execution of over 30 men, women and children at a popular tourist spot in Tasmania. All victims were shot with high powered military style weapons. Most of the victims were head shots, a lot of which were fired from the hip at running targets.
(Experts agree that to display this level of accuracy would take a great deal of professional training.) The shooter left the scene and disappeared but was later located at a guest house were a stand off with police took place. The shooter in this house was Martin Bryant, (the patsie) and although he fired a number of shots at Police, not one found their mark.

Bryant never went to trial. He entered a plea of guilty. To this day he is forbidden to give interviews. He will die in jail.

One week after this massacre the Australian Government rushed through Firearm legislation that made it illegal to possess auto or semi auto firearms as well as nationwide licenceing for all gun owners.

Also, around the same time a woman named Pauline Hansen was elected to Parliment as an independant. She critisized the governments policies on many issues but largely on their slavish adherence to Globalisation. She was labeled a rasict, villified and ridiculed by the media, and eventually jailed on trumped up fraud charges.

That was what opened my eyes all the way. Until then I held out some hope for my country, but that made me realise that we lost our sovreignty a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
2 main things really. First an old friend of mine went into the city centre and held up a jewlers when it was closing. The only other customer in the shop was an off duty cop. My mate got busted but in court his lawyer and the prosecuting lawyer wereold university pals. So my mates lawyers pulled in a favour and my mate got off with it.

The other thing was when the British soldiers got kidnapped by Iran for supposedly entering their waters. The soldiers came out saying they were badly treated. They looked a picture of health in good suits then a video got released of them having a good laugh amongst themselves in 'captivity'.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In my own experience the only way to fully awaken is by not watching TV or other MSM media. This is why it's so difficult to wake people up from their stupor. Feeding your mind of the fear and propaganda of western media is like having a fog envelope your mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Rocky Balboa: I'd hold you up to say to your mother, "this kid's gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid's gonna be somebody better than anybody I ever knew." And you grew up good and wonderful. It was great just watching you, every day was like a privilige. Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world, and you did. But somewhere along the line, you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you're no good. And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life. Don't forget to visit your mother.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join