It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Trip Leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Dear Trip Leader

www.slate.com

Bill Clinton traveled to North Korea as a "private citizen." Can I?

Former President Bill Clinton returned to the United States from North Korea on Wednesday after securing the release of two American journalists. Clinton made a point of traveling as a "private citizen," flying there on a political donor's plane without any government officials. If Bill Clinton can visit North Korea, does that mean I can, too?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
When I read this at first I thought it was a joke and who would want to go to N.Korea, and surely it would be impossible to enter legally.... but actually it is technically feasible, but you'd have to be extremely brave or mad to risk going.

I didn't know Sweden had an embassy there, that's interesting.

It's funny how they would constantly keep tabs on you during your visit, and that you can't talk to locals. I've never seen paranoia on a scale like that anywhere.

Wonder what the procedure is to enter Iran

Wandering off on your own is strictly forbidden. Same goes for talking to North Koreans. If you do try to speak to locals, they're supposed to report you to the authorities. If they don't, someone else may report them. Travelers are discouraged from being openly critical of the government. And if you take photos, especially of military buildings or personnel, your camera or film may be confiscated. There's no American Embassy to turn to in case of emergency, but the Swedish Embassy in Pyongyang provides basic consular services for U.S. citizens.

Anybody wanna' go there for your hols?!

www.slate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join