It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to have an affair?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was driving home from work recently and heard something rather disturbing on the radio. It was a commercial for a company that provides a service that assists you in having an affair. I guess basically a "dating" site. At first I thought it was some sort of joke that a "Shock Jock" DJ had created, just for a laugh or whatever. But then it just ended and another commercial came on.

I looked the site up. The search engine (take a guess) said, "Sleep with someone else's wife tonight." Oh, and not to mention, this site is a "sponsored link". Their site's catchphrase is, "Life is short. Have an affair." It also says the site was featured on the following tv shows: The View, Ellen, Dr. Phil, Larry King, and Good Morning America.

Is our society really coming to this? What happened to morals, or respect for oneself and others? Is this just another method of control? Desensitization? Do they want us to believe that it's acceptable to hurt our loved ones? What's next?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Im glad you posted this! I too have seen these ads, as well as the ones that are applications for those iPhonesbasically providing the same thing. Its truly sickening! I work in the hotel industry and we have recently had a BOOM of activity where obvious married men are meeting what we like to call "interns" during work hours

No idea why? Boosting the economy???

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That's crazy- our world is on a down hill spiral for sure

Ads have alot to answer for- my current gripe is with the recent KFC ads...they're basically saying 'it's cool to lie'- shows a family eating KFC at a picnic area...someone needs a hand with something and asks for their help, the father goes 'sorry I dont talk English'...wtf

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It is truly ridiculous, but then in a strange way I am not surprised. I am only 21 (22 tomorrow
) and I have better morals that ¾ of the people around me. I tell you why I think it is, sex used to be special you used to have sex with your partner, spouse. It wasn't even sex, it was making love. Now there is no love making it is all screwing, banging, humping, etc etc etc ..... (could use other words but went for the less foul).

I also blame the media but the media is only alive because of us, so in all fact I blame us.... These “TV” shows if you would call them that, are taking people who have no respect for them selves and putting them on the show. Showing the world their sordid affairs and sickening lives, only to then promote “affairs” with these advertisements... people ring and get the ball rolling half a year down the line, they are the ones sitting in the chair telling there loved ones they are pregnant through the affair or have been seeing another woman and now they are pregnant... it makes me sick, ashamed to be part of this culture.

Rahhh... rant over...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

While this is disgusting to me, don't you wish you would have thought of it first?

Quite a unique way to make money!

Anyone who would subscribe to such a service is a sleezeball, and unfortunatley, there are a lot of them.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

While this is disgusting to me, don't you wish you would have thought of it first?

To be honest, no. Besides the moral issue, I can only imagine the liability. Must be an absolute nightmare (for good reason).

Either way, I don't think I could sleep at night knowing I'm hurting someones family.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So, what is this company you speak of, and their link?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
^ I hope you're not serious but if you are -->

This is just all kinds of wrong. Apparently true love in today's society has degraded quite a bit. This is like those stupid OnlineBootyCall commercials. Humans sometimes make me so frustrated. Who honestly would come up with these ideas?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Water-tastes-good

Unfortunately I am serious. I could send you the link U2U. I'm not going to post it directly on the board for obvious reasons.

It's a sad, sad society we live in. :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I would like to find a site where married people sign up annonymously and individually, creating fantasy profiles for themselves. The site can (pretend to) match you up with your own spouse for an illicit "affair". Put a little spice into it maybe? That would be awesome!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
How very very wrong.

If i was ever to get married it would be a life time commitment on my part anyway. The fact that a divorce is almost as common as pregnancy these days is bad enough, without the main cause of it being encouraged! :shk:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Well that all depends on what you call "cheating". Some say it's physical, some say it's emotional (or both). Hey, that's up to you.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I would have an affair with my husband. He would have one with me. Living together for a long time takes the mystery out of the relationship. Neither of us are cheaters in any sense of the meaning and we love each other with respect. Too bad more people don't seem to understand how to coexist with respect. But to each his own I always say. It is none of my business what anyone else does unless it directly affects me.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In this current economic climate, divorces are down. Of course, that can also mean that cheating is on the increase.

You can tell that these companies are completely dishonorable in their intentions, for taking advantage of people who may be emotionally fragile.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I used to work in the web biz promoting sites like that. They consist mostly, I would say 90% of fake women's profiles, and about 100% real men's profiles. Those sites make most of their money from male customers, not women.

So I would say that there are about 10% real women (maybe less) on those sites really interested in cheating via the internet.

Why so few women? Most women (even average/plain looking women with nothing going on) just have to make themselves available to cheating, men have a much harder time.

Most women who are just semi-attractive have many opportunities to cheat if they were open to it. At the workplace, at a bar for a drink with friends, etc. They just have to comply to the advances being made upon them. Now in contrast, plain/average guys do not have the same opportunities.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by KEMIK

I would like to find a site where married people sign up annonymously and individually, creating fantasy profiles for themselves. The site can (pretend to) match you up with your own spouse for an illicit "affair". Put a little spice into it maybe? That would be awesome!

That is an awesome idea. They can set up dates, exchange x-rated images of themselves, etc.

But, your clients/customers would all have to have great imaginations, which I think these days would be asking too much from most people, maybe.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Oh theses adds upset me! They wanted to advertise during the Superbowl but obviously that didnt happen, thank God. I swear the creators of that site need to have their butts kicked. They are PURPOSELY wrecking lives for MONEY! It's always about money and it makes me sick! Its bad enough men/women are cheating now more than ever thanks to technology but to have a site that promotes it is just down right wrong! I dont know how they sleep at night. Also if they are married I hope they get the same treatment they dish out to the unsuspecting couples!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I listen to Howard on satellite each week and I think I know what company you are refering to. In this age of instant gratification I am not surprised that a site like this would do well. Instead of trying to work things out with your signifcant other they play to your ego and allow you to believe you can have your cake and eat it too.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've seen the ads one day and they seem so light hearted about the concept of having an affair. I know sometimes the magic is gone but thats normal, some couples grow out of love thats why for its important to have a friendship bond aside from the relationship one. It's a chance to discover or try new things with eachother. Although having an affiar my seem like a good way to create mystery or bring back the spark but then your left with that guilt in the back of your head. well for me anyway.
having affiars is just a way to look after yourself and your needs.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by G8tor]

new topics

top topics

join