It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even the MSM is turning on Obama now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Americans are now seeing the damage that polls and focus groups can inflict on White House decision-making. President Barack Obama is no longer shaping the public dialogue on health-care reform. Instead, he is losing control of his agenda and resorting to rhetorical tricks and evasions.

Every administration has to take into account public opinion. Without doing so, Abraham Lincoln said, little can be achieved. But too much polling doesn’t raise presidential vision. It narrows and pulls it down. Substituting a weekly dose of opinion surveys for thoughtful consideration is causing White House aides to find new scapegoats whenever administration policy initiatives get into trouble.

Full article here

Please check out the entire article and remember one thing, this is the wall street journal! This isn't Fox news and it would appear that even some in MSM are starting to digest something just isn't right with this administration and it's projected course.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Please check out the entire article and remember one thing, this is the wall street journal! This isn't Fox news and it would appear that even some in MSM are starting to digest something just isn't right with this administration and it's projected course.

I don't mean to burst your bubble....but the Wall Street Journal is owned by News corp...the same organization that owns FOX NEWS.

I'm not biased...just stating what you might not know.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yeah, whats more is that the person who rights the article is a Republican who was on GW's staff.

Thing about it is this, many many more people from the left and right side of the fence not only read WSJ but also trust the views expressed much more so than Fox News.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

hing about it is this, many many more people from the left and right side of the fence not only read WSJ but also trust the views expressed much more so than Fox News.

I'm not denying that...as I think it's true...although Fox News bias towards the rich is pretty blatant....but the real point is that all the media is corporate owned....and therefore it's hard to trust any of the news they put out...which is usually why I look at both arguments and often check up the info myself to try and see through the BS...in which I admit...can be quite difficult sometimes!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You said it before I could, not reading to far into this for that reason get me a link about this from cnn. Then I'll say the tables may be turning.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Honestly you people need to get over the whole Fox News non-issue

Fox News has Liberal and Republican Anchors and hosts trust me I watch the shows but yes its a little more Republican Leaning show. But same goes for-

CNN- its almost completely Liberal-democrat leaning next work its fact. example Susan Roesgan of CNN loves how Bush was seen as Hitler but went on a rampage when someone had a Facist poster of Obama

If you got a problem with a certain news DONT WATCH IT switch to your news channel or if you want the full facts on a story. watch Foxnews, CNN, etc and search the internet make the decision for yourself. You people let your party choice fuel your rage at Fox.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

Meh, I like my news media just like I like my courts, un-biased and just concerned with the facts.

Too bad I can't have that in either place in America right now.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

No crap about this. Jeeze, the Fox show people in the evening have different people on to talk. There are wide ranging opinons from their guest speakers. I see maniacs from both sides of the spectrum of the right and left speaking. Rarely do I accept what either the rightists and the leftists spew. But it is interesting to hear the wild stuff from the fringes on both sides. Hannity, though, sheesh. At least Alan Colmes could bring some semse to the discussion. But Colmes wasn't left enough. He gave up too easily compared to Hannity. Colmes was a bit of a voice of reason, unless it was a personal issue. And then he was stupid, too.

I just want the facts. I want to make up my own mind. Lou Dobbs? He's pretty much okay to me. Glen Beck? HA HAHA! But he is entertaining and presents some good stuff. But, now he says, I am not a fan of George Bush and I apoligize for being asleep. lol. Okay, Weepie. LOL.

Anyway, I rarely watch this prime time crap.

new topics

top topics

join