It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fiance's Doctor is a christian facist, help me!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
so heres my dillemma..

so my fiance has been sick the last week and some change with:
head pressure, usually throughout my forehead, temples and eyes and slightly in the cheek bones (mostly on the right side)
-face numbness
-blind spots in my vision
-sharp pain/headache between my eyebrows
-weird pressure in my top teeth, feels almost as though they have fallen asleep & get prickly and tingly
-ringing ears (don’t know if it’s related)
-hot flashes
-MUCH more tired lately
-can’t concentrate and am having difficulty absorbing information. During conversations, I sometimes have to ask to have the person repeat what they said multiple times
-extreme unhappiness and anxiety, lots of panic attacks
-episodes of nausea and gagging usually around the time of pressure on my face which causes dizziness
-no appetite
her mother and grandparents, whom she lives with, are christian fundalmentalists and she is wiccan. it is very hard for her because they treat her like a second rate human being.. she had another "episode" tonight and her mother finally relented and is going to take her to the "doctor" in the morning... the problem is this: the doctor is a chiropractor who is also a christian fundamentalist, hes not even a real doctor! he makes her pray with him before and after her appointments as it isnt the first time she has gone to see this guy because its who her christian crazy mother sees for all her problems... she isnt going to get real help going to see this guy, he isnt qualified and he mixes jesus with medicine which should be outlawed... can anyone help me please?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

If you have a car take her to a real doctor. Even if it has to be one of those free clinics. Oh, and check her symptoms on WebMD.

And are you talking about you or her? You talk about the symptoms in the first person.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ummmmm, is there even really a question about this? Take her to a real doctor, ASAP! Go to the emergency room, or one of those urgent care places. Even if you dont have insurance, worry about that crap later....it sounds like she could have something really seriously wrong with her. Even if its only something like allergies, better to find that out than to find out she has a brain tumor.....when its too late.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

If you have a car take her to a real doctor. Even if it has to be one of those free clinics. Oh, and check her symptoms on WebMD.

And are you talking about you or her? You talk about the symptoms in the first person.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Her, i copy and pasted her symptoms from her blog... i am unable to taker her because i am in a different state, she is stuck there..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Ummmmm, is there even really a question about this? Take her to a real doctor, ASAP! Go to the emergency room, or one of those urgent care places. Even if you dont have insurance, worry about that crap later....it sounds like she could have something really seriously wrong with her. Even if its only something like allergies, better to find that out than to find out she has a brain tumor.....when its too late.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by PokeyJoe]

yes, since i am unable to take her to a real doctor, im looking for something that she can use to explain to her blind faith crazy family or her so called doctor that she needs to see a REAL doctor.. laws? arguements? something... im stressed, im pissed and im lost for words..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Tell her to start Cipro immed. - 500 mg / 12 hrs

She's got a bad sinus infection ...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How often does this happen and for how long at a time?

It sounds a lot like a very bad migraine which can be brought on by stress, reaction to certain foods, light sources, all sorts of things really. Could also be a sinus problem though I’m not sure these usually affect vision. Still, these symptoms can also be caused by something much more serious so she really should be checked out, but it’s probably nothing major so she shouldn’t worry unnecessarily which could of course make it worse.

Anyway it’s not like I can diagnose anything so how far away is she from a qualified doctor? I’m not really sure why she can’t just walk, drive, get a taxi to a real doctor and ask for help. The family can’t, legally, stop her!

If there really is no other option perhaps she could just call 911 when she next experiences the pain. I’m not sure about the costs over there but I’m sure if it’s that much of a worry it would be worth it.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain

Tell her to start Cipro immed. - 500 mg / 12 hrs

She's got a bad sinus infection ...

I agree, it's a bad sinus infection. I get them often, and usually just treat with over the counter sinus meds. The last one I had this spring/summer lasted about 7 weeks, and cleared up just taking over the counter stuff.

A_L

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That's too bad your fiance is sick. Her symptoms will not be able to be treated by a chiropractor or any type of faith healer as this Christian fundamentalist seems to be from your description - she should see a medical doctor. If she's being forced to see this chiropractor, she could just bite her lip & sit through the appt - she probably won't get anywhere arguing with him about her condition & faith.
Researching online may help, but her symptoms are kind of vague. If she sees a medical doctor, they can put it all together. If you & her focus on the dislike of the Christians, that will add stress. Can you guys just put up with it for a bit until she's better? Althouth, that's easier said than done.

Is she able to go places on her own? It sounds like this is a complicated situation in general. She can always call 911 if needed - that can at least get her to the ER.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

How old is your girlfriend?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
another strange thing about this is that her appointment tomorrow is at 8:00 PM !!??? i have never heard of that before...

Dr. Timothy E. Ryan DO in West Jefferson, OH... thats the jesus freak chiropractor that her crazy jesus freak mother is having her go see at 8 o'clock at night... is that not strange or wut...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkItThrough

That's too bad your fiance is sick. Her symptoms will not be able to be treated by a chiropractor or any type of faith healer as this Christian fundamentalist seems to be from your description - she should see a medical doctor. If she's being forced to see this chiropractor, she could just bite her lip & sit through the appt - she probably won't get anywhere arguing with him about her condition & faith.
Researching online may help, but her symptoms are kind of vague. If she sees a medical doctor, they can put it all together. If you & her focus on the dislike of the Christians, that will add stress. Can you guys just put up with it for a bit until she's better? Althouth, that's easier said than done.

Is she able to go places on her own? It sounds like this is a complicated situation in general. She can always call 911 if needed - that can at least get her to the ER.

the symptoms she experiences come and go, its not like shes been sick 24/7 for the last week and a half... they come in episodes which makes me think that its not a sinus infection... like tonight for instance, from her nose to her upper lip went numb and her nostrils burned and then the right side of her body cramped uo while the left side went numb... how is a fundy chiropracter going to diagnose that ?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So why can't she go see a doctor herself?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
...her complaints could be psychosomatic because she's living in an intolerable situation... if thats the case, she needs to grow a spine and move out - then get into therapy so she can learn coping skills to help deal with her parents' hostility...

...her complaints could be a cry for attention... do you know for a fact that her family is horrid - as in, have you witnessed their behavior first hand?...

...the bone cracker could be moonlighting as a exorcist... a lot of fundies believe wiccans are the same as devil worshippers or satanists... 8pm is unusually late for an appointment with a conventional doctor but not for a chiropractor...

...or she could really be ill - so why is she not capable of making her own doctor's appointment and getting there on her own?... is she an invalid?..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...her complaints could be psychosomatic because she's living in an intolerable situation... if thats the case, she needs to grow a spine and move out - then get into therapy so she can learn coping skills to help deal with her parents' hostility...

...her complaints could be a cry for attention... do you know for a fact that her family is horrid - as in, have you witnessed their behavior first hand?...

...the bone cracker could be moonlighting as a exorcist... a lot of fundies believe wiccans are the same as devil worshippers or satanists... 8pm is unusually late for an appointment with a conventional doctor but not for a chiropractor...

...or she could really be ill - so why is she not capable of making her own doctor's appointment and getting there on her own?... is she an invalid?..

yes, her family is unbeileveably horrid to her.. no attention, she has more than one medical problem yet the only dr they will take her to is this chiropracter for anything she has.. shes not goin to get her bones cracked, shes goin for all the symptoms i listed... he could very well be an exorcist freak.. i believe personally that the pastor of her family tells her family to treat her like sh*t because shes a wiccan, to starve her, to use her for labor, to not take her to a regular doctor until she accepts jesus christ. it happens...

www.skeptictank.org...

Parents who murder their own children by starving them to death or by allowing them to die from easilly treatable diseases and other medical problems are doing so because their religious masters tell them to. As followers, the parents have no cognitive volition of their own when the health and safety of their children come second to obeying the dictates of their religious masters.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Again can you tell us exactly why she can't get help herself?

I don't mean to be harsh but from your descriptions it sounds like either one of two things is going on, the first is that this is a wind up and you're just trying to get a response from the christian crowd or whoever. The second, and far more worrying is that there is a perfectly compus mentus woman being held against her will and abused by her family. If the latter then for god's sake call the police! If someone is being activley denied medical care then that is abuse.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
...coffinman, the bone cracker comment was humor...

...you didnt answer why is she incapable of making her own doctor's appointment and taking herself there and i'm not the only one that asked that question... do her other medical issues keep her dependent upon her parents?...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Again can you tell us exactly why she can't get help herself?

...thats the second time you've beat me to the post and said purty much the same thing - how funny...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
well shes 17, i think the only reason she doesnt make her own appointment is that shes afraid, of what imnot sure. ive told her many times that its downright abuse the stuff they pull but she only has 8 more months until she turns 18 and and she doesnt want to make things worse.. despite all the nonsense, i think she still wants to be loved by them..

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
well shes 17, i think the only reason she doesnt make her own appointment is that shes afraid, of what imnot sure. ive told her many times that its downright abuse the stuff they pull but she only has 8 more months until she turns 18 and and she doesnt want to make things worse.. despite all the nonsense, i think she still wants to be loved by them..

...the age factor clears things up a bit... she's still a minor, so you could call child protective services and report what you know... if her parents are refusing her proper medical care, cps has the legal authority to investigate and intervene if the findings warrant it...

...if you take that route, state your concerns about her lack of proper medical care and leave your opinions about her parents' religion out of it... if the parents are bizarre, the social worker will notice...

...or you can just ignore it and hope for the best...

...another aspect is that in spite of the allegations that her parents and grandparents are abusive fundies, the girl is wiccan... either thats just a fantasy she picked up online or she has the freedom to particpate in that religion, which makes her parents and grandparents look less hostile than whats been alleged... its very common for teenagers to over-dramatize issues (all those raging hormones)...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join