It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does it feel to be gay?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I am exasperated like you. I can't figure out why we perpetuate the issues surrounding such a natural thing to us. There are as many expressions as there are possibilities. Just pick one or some and let it be.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

He did not add the part about having changed after the video until after a number of people had posted replies. If he had added that to begin with, things would have been clear from the beginning and those posts would not have been made.

Essentially we all agree here. There was a miscommunication which the OP cleared up.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Can we get past what the OP said, what he intended to say and what was edited and back on topic. There were some miscommunications at the beginning, but it has been cleared up.

Thanks everyone.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It doesn't take a Philidelphia lawyer to figure out that the OP was try to show what gay people have to go through. The only problem is that because people have always been taught that the bible teaches that homosexuality is wrong. God or Prime creator created us all. Be it thru evolution, seeding,or whatever. God doesnt make mistakes. How would you as a child like to be told that everyone born with green eyes will go to hell? Your first question would be ...."then why was I born with green eyes"? followed by, "doesn't god love me too?"

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

I think there are 2 types of Gays.

1) the gay that is comfortable with their sexuality; and doesn't care whether anyone else knows they are gay. If others do know-its not a problem.

2) the attention seeker: these are gays that are overly flambouyant ( camp or butch ); and need to announce to the world (at every given opportunity ) that they are gay.

As a hetro, I can honestly say I do not care what ones sexual orientation happens to be (by choice or other).
I think it only matters in intimate scenarios.

Homophobia is slowly dying-out ( at least around here); thats a good thing.
When interest is shown between a gay individual and hetro it may go either way; thats a choice.
If parameters are drawn and then over-stepped; thats inappropriate!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Disclaimer: As elsewhere!

Explanation: Physically I feel no different as a currently monogamous hetrosexual than when I was a polygamous trysexual. [affects of aging are totally discounted!]

Mentally it was far more draining to be gay or polygamous or trysexual as they were and to large extent [its better now but not by to much
] restricted cultures and demographics and that breeds additional mental survival skills that would not generally be inherent within those cultures and demographics if they wern't restricted and therefor "restrictive".

Emotionally as mysoginist, my current relationship has been far more tumultuous for me personally and thankfully I have proven myself time and again to have won the battles with that darker side of my nature. This is not to say that I loved my same sex partners any less, but it was far easier emotionally on me when I was with them!

Sexually ??? I best stop befor I breach any T and C, suffice to say regardless of who I was with it was always satisfying and I hope I reciprocated in kind!

Personal Disclosure: Financially BOTH genders B!^@#$ cost a fortune to maintain!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, for me growing up in a small town (small minds as well as those who were curious about life outside the box) I wasn't around gay people. At least gays who let themselves be known as gay.
When I ventured to college, I still was quite unaware. I made friends with a guy in an art class. He dressed 'interestingly' and I thought he was just into music or something. He had a painted fingernail, the pinky. I asked why? He said why do you think?
for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. He just looked at me like I was stupid and said "I'm gay". I had no idea.
I went to San Fransisco once on a short trip. I asked the cabby what was going on since there were all kinds of strangely dressed people walking down the streets. He said it was the Gay Parade. So I said drop us off there.
I wandered around and saw all kinds of gay. Every shade of gay.
A few years ago I had gay neighbors. Women. It was very interesting to get to know them. They were nice to us. Best neighbors we have ever had living here.
That's it. Thats all my experiences with gay people.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
Love is love.
NO ONE can change that.
Sex is just sex.
It is meaningless without love.
Just a mere physical interaction.
For every promiscuous homosexual, there are just as many heterosexuals.
"People are people, so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully" (DURAN DURAN)

While being homosexual, might be a turn off for many heterosexuals, it's not really anyone's concern, except the parties involved.
Straight people are not going to be infected with gayness.

You make a very good point. Just as with abortions, if you don't approve of them don't have one. As someone who has known I was gay since my young teens, I did a very good job of staying in the closet untill my mid-30's. "Outing" people is cruel and can do a lot of damage just to say gotcha! People like me come out when their ready. I can assure you I wished most of my life I was straight. It would have made things just so simpler. I diden't ask a girl out for my senior prom, she asked me. I was honestly flattered. There are still issues with civil rights that concern me. I agree with the perpetual guy running for governer (I think in Colorado), Kinky Freedman (I'm not kidding about the name), he supports gay marrige because he thinks gay people should have the right to be as misserable as the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join