It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I have the swine flu....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ok. So... my girlfriend went to yosemite yesterday. Not long after she came home she started feeling like she had the flu... fever, joint and muscle pains and respiratory problems. I thought it was the flu so I took care of her accordingly, ibuprofein, tea, warm bath and blankets galore. Today she complained of even more shortness of breath, dizziness, etc. I went on wikipedia and looked up the symptoms of swine flu and she seems to have quite a few of them. The word is, the swine flu is going around up here right now and being in a high traffic area such as yosemite national park it is very possible she contracted it from there. People from all over visit yosemite. Im trying to get her to go to the hospital to get checked but so far to no avail, she hates the doctor.

Earlier today I started feeling chilly when I knew I shouldnt be. Im having temperature changes like crazy and my stomach kinda hurts. Tomorrow is my birthday and I wasnt really asking for swine flu as a present. On top of that I have to work tomorrow but im considering not going.

My question is this... how much is a swine flu test? Do you guys believe I should go get tested? Should I go to work? This really sucks, I hope the symptoms dont get worse. Please post ur input and let me know what you think. Happy birthday to me eh?
Much love all.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They probably won't test you unless you get hospitalized, but if you go to the doctor's they might give you some Tamiflu.

Regardless of whatever you decide to do, watch out for breathing problems; that's the real heart of this swine flu. IF you feel like you can't breath, seek some medical attention because once this swine flu infects the lungs it goes crazy.

By crazy I mean it starts reproducing itself like mad which will not only drain your bodies immune system but may also open you up to getting secondary pneumonia.

The effects on the lungs are strange, from patient reports from previous death's they say the flu felt mild one day and the next day they can not breath at all and need a respirator.

It's key that you don't let it get to that point, if you have trouble breathing, see a doctor. The rest of the symptoms might suck: Headache, Fatigue, Fever (not everyone gets this, some get subnormal temps instead), Stomach Problems, Joint/Body Pain; but they won't kill a moderately healthy adult.

The infection of the lungs will.

--Loqeth

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Not sure what you have, but you need to go to the doctor. It can range from anything like a tick to the flu as you mentioned. Just go to a doctor and get an opinion from them

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Agreed, you need to get both yourself and your girlfriend to your primary care doctor ASAP.

Quick and prompt treatment is key to beating any illness.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yeah I would go to a walk in clinic if you want a quick opinion from a medical professional.

It could be anything, two compacted illnesses, an upper respiratory infection plus the flu.

You'll have to talk to someone who's trained to figure this out though. We're all just going to play guessing games, and maybe read a book

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am no doctor but...

ALL flu is bad. In the UK people say they have flu when they get a cold, then when they really get flu they become very worried because it seems so extreme.

So the first thing is, don't panic if the symptoms do get worse... you just gotta ride it out. If you're against Tamiflu then eat healthy, organic foods... in fact read this amazing thread if you haven't yet. It'll give you some good dietary advice.

I know more than a few who have had swine flu here in the UK they're all ok. If you are one of the ones who think SF could get bad... be safe in the knowledge you maybe catching it now and thus preparing your immune system.

Oh, and just to cover my back... go to a doctor.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I feel for you. I have had the swine flu 6 months ago and it was horrible. I actually felt like I was dying in bed. Breathing took focus and the sweat had me changing my blankets. It will also leave you in bed for more than 16 hours a day. For 3 or 4 days.

The one thing that saved me I believe was water. LOTS of ICE WATER. Trust me with the ICE WATER. It is a life saver with the swine flu.

In order for your body and immune system to work as good as it has for millions of years of evolution, the one main ingredient is WATER.

I can go as far to say that if you drink water..... You will survive.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, I dont feel like I have trouble breathing, my lungs are a bit irritated as well as my throat but nothing bad. Keep in mind this is the first day im feeling this. The feeling sucks though!!!! I would just go to the hospital sure, but I am not a wealthy man... I would rather ride it out if possible to save me a hearty bill. If I start having difficulty breathing i'll seek medical help immediately.
The thing is, I am a very healthy adult... turning 23 tomorrow. I work out daily and take my multivitamins with my regimen. Lots of protein and organic foods and the only thing I really do bad is smoke cigarettes. (I know... I know...)
I would be pissed if I went to a hospital and they gave me tamiflu and all kinds of other crap, laid me up in a bed and all along I could just as easily have sat at home with some aspirin, blankets and water and got rid of it. Im hoping its just a flu... but seeing my girlfriends symptoms is much more severe. She had a hard time breathing today when we were driving around town but now she's breathing fine. I dont know what to think.

So.... ride it out? Or seek help?
I think im gonna wait and see and if it gets worse i'll go to the hospital. If the symptoms stay the same im gonna give riding it out a shot.
Thanks for all the input so far, very helpful!! But for the record, all that lung talk is scaring the HELL out of me.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Nice knowing you brother, ... for doom has come to theee !!! in the form of a swine fluuuu !!! by the time you read this, .. you'll probably be delirious, ..... you will pray for death, ... long before it ever comes.

I'm kidding, as bad as it can ever be, .. its just A FLU !!! ... get over it people.... get some motrin, .. or better yet see your doctor, .. maybe you'll get some codeine syrup, ... tell him you have a painful cough.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.vitacost.com...
This had been used successfully to cure swine flu, pass it along!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Wonderful tip doom!! Im going to the doctor tomorrow cuz im feeling so horrible right now. Feel like im awkwardly rolling through fire then ice. Had a bit of a sneeze and cough starting... Hoping this is the worst of it. :|
If all else fails... Love you guys. Keep ATS running.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
people around the world dont know the TRUTH about the Swine Flu!!!!
it is not about vaccine at all it is the same virus which will kill huge part of the WESTERN WORLD in the next 3 years and no vaccine will stop it and people dont know who really created that virus - RUSSIANS created it to give the final hit on the western civilization! All people around the world are blind to see that there are practically no cases of Swine Flu in Russia neither in the surrounding soviet republics like Belarus, Armenia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China and few others..which have NO CASES practically if we exclude very few isolated cases in those countries and COMPARE the very few cases in all those RUSSIA-CHINA surrounding area and you will see that it is NOTHING compared to the milliones and even billions of people who live there!!!!!!!!!! How is possible there are no people traveling from the terrible infected already rest of the world (mainly the Western Civilization World) and there is no spread of the virus in RUSSIA and all those ex-soviet areas plus China??????????????????? While thousends of people are getting infected daily in all even remote places of the Western Kind of the World even in those remote and hardly visited islands as Kiribati Tuvalu Palau or Tonga!!!!!!!!!!!!! But no cases really in Russia Belarussia Ukraine Armenia Mongollia plus China.
World is blind to not see who are the guilty ones not only for the Swine Flu Pandemic but for the World Economic Crisis too! The same countries dont feel any economic crisis in fact and if they say they do they are just LYING to throw away any suspicions about them and their conspiracy to destroy the Western Civilization once and forever.

top topics

join