It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Fines & Harassment For People Who Refuse To Answer Intrusive Survey Questions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I was one of these "3-million" during the last census. I slammed the door in the census lady's face. Nothing happened to me. Just as the story linked in the OP states:

However, it’s all hot air as no one has ever been charged with a crime for refusing to answer the ACS survey, and indeed several members of Congress have denounced the invasive questions as a violation of the Right to Financial Privacy Act.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Just write on the card that you are an illegal alien from Mexico
and then just mail it back to them.
Trust me.
They will leave you alone.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Need some help on how to handle a survey? Watch this educational video on how to complete a census. Who better to teach such a thing than Christopher Walkin? The questions in this video are eerily similar.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Moses619

Now, that's just funny! Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Tell the nosey buggers where to go!

They really are getting too big for their boots aren't they!

Tell them that you will not be filling the survey in until they pay your charges for filling surveys out, and that you charge $500 per, for filling in surveys.

If they are prepared to pay your fee, then you will fill it in, if you can be bothered.

If you don't fancy that, just send it back as illegibly as possible.

Get your dog to fill it in, line your bird cage with it, then pour ink over it, wipe your backside on it etc.

Don't let these luck pushers, push you any further than you have to go by your constitution.

Think creatively.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I still don't understand why everyone gets so up in arms about the census! How are the questions they ask affecting you in any way? "Do you have a toilet that flushes?" "How many times have you been married?" I mean come on, seriously? How is that a threat to your secuirty? Or maybe it is, what do I know? I just feel that all these questions are nothing more than a means to acquire all those random statistics that you hear about on the news, or read about in magazines. Though as someone said earlier, the use of "threats" probably isnt the best means of going about getting them.

Furthermore, I still am confused as to why people get so upset by the census in the first place. Don't think of this as the government trying to determine where we live so they can place a transceiver on your door and hit it with a cruise missle if you get out of line... rediculous. INSTEAD, think of the census as a means to determine the population and demographics of certain areas, so that our state and local governments might more easily provide the things that their constituants need. I mean, that's what the census is really all about right? RIGHT? Seriously though, get over it. So the big bad government wants to know where you live, that's not going to provide them with very little tactical, let alone any strategic, advantage if they ever come pounding down the streets, guns a'blazin. I know where I'm at, and I know who I'm talking to, but some we have to realize that not EVERYTHING our government does is committed with the detriment of its people in mind. Lighten up please.

I'm done.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would just lie on all the questions... naming Mickey Mouse as a spouse, saying I leave for work at 14:20XM every Triday..

Maybe I'd tell them the truth about how many toilets are in my home... no reason to lie about that bit lol

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No need to lie or give false information, just look up the definition to the words of the questions asked and get creative with the meanings. By using words like "please" at the beginning of a question means that an answer is not mandatory only that one is requested.

;P

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I had received one of these surveys.

The first one I got I tore up and trashed.

3 weeks later I got another which was threatening arrest, jail, fines, etc.

So I filled it out.

They asked my nationality: Earthling, Human
They asked my income: Money, dollars

... haven't received anything back from them, and no cops.

You ask stupid, meaningless, intrusive questions, you get stupid meaningless general answers.... you bastards.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

You ask stupid, meaningless, intrusive questions, you get stupid meaningless general answers.... you bastards.

Great stuff, Angry Danish! I probably would've sent them notification of my refusal to answer and told them to send the cops if they want to, but your handling of the situation is much funnier.

Thank you all for the replies, insight, stars, flags, etc.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by titorite

… some people might use their survey in the outhouse too, that might answer their question of how many times kids use the bathroom !"

That is a good idea. Fill it out then go to the bathroom and wipe with it, then send it back.

All you have to say is oops things must have gotten messed up but I was afraid if I didnt send it back I would be fined so I sent it back after the "accident".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Government Fines & Harassment For People Who Refuse To Answer Intrusive Survey Questions???

Stop......reverse that.....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Moses619

I can't stop laughing! Thanks for posting that

Gotta love Christopher Walken.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The next UK census takes place in 2011 but they are trialling the survey in October this year...enough time to go organise a house party on Angelsey and mess with their heads again

2009 Census trials

The 2009 Census Rehearsal will take place on 11 October 2009 in Lancaster, the London Borough of Newham, and Ynys Môn – Isle of Anglesey in North Wales. The Rehearsal in these areas will let the Office for National Statistics (ONS) work closely with local authorities to establish effective ways of working together in preparation for 2011, and test processes and operational systems for the full Census.

The Rehearsal questionnaires are now available to download. It is not anticipated that there will be any major changes to the questionnaire content after the Rehearsal. The questions to be included in the full Census in 2011 will be put before Parliament in 2010.

As it states that the results will be discussed in Parliament, I think a new persona will be required...how about Mr Haggis F'er-Brown in honour of our UNELECTED prime minister?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Taikonaut]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
Government Fines & Harassment For People Who Refuse To Answer Intrusive Survey Questions???

Stop......reverse that.....

Questions survey intrusive answer to refuse who people for harrassment & fines government.

Yes! Let us harrass and fine the U.S. Govt!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
These questions have been in the census for years, people. Questions about plumbing, numbers of bathrooms, etc, are all very old data and are applied in many ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join