It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Fines & Harassment For People Who Refuse To Answer Intrusive Survey Questions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
my personal/families business needs to stay out of the governments bullcrap survey. besides, it's classified top secret (cosmic) and a elected official does not hold office long enough to warrant the need to know lol.

i can see it now, soon i'll be packing up and moving back to my tribes reservation. i'd like to see them serve fines/harass people there.

there is so much red tape wrapped around the federal government on our reservation i doubt they would even bother.

i'm actually looking forward to a little privacy once again!

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Perhaps you could take a page from the bag of tricks employed by the wife of a German author living in the States after the war whose was constantly being harassed by the FBI with wiretaps and physical interrogations. Since she knew the phone was bugged, she would call a friend and simply read to her from a Polish cookbook so as to confuse and confound her unwanted listeners.

So there you have it. When they show up asking intrusive questions, just answer them in Polish or Nepalese or whatever in order to drive them nuts.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Above quote is from OP article.

I don't agree with the government doing this unless it is purely voluntary. I do doubt they will enforce any penalties though. It would cause such a huge stink they might have to stop the program all together.

They actually do need this kind of information, but no doubt they could find a better way to accomplish it than through threats.

I would like to know exactly why they 'need' this information? Perhaps if you could supply a few logical reasons, people might be more inclined to see your point of view.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Above quote is from OP article.

I don't agree with the government doing this unless it is purely voluntary. I do doubt they will enforce any penalties though. It would cause such a huge stink they might have to stop the program all together.

They actually do need this kind of information, but no doubt they could find a better way to accomplish it than through threats.

I would like to know exactly why they 'need' this information? Perhaps if you could supply a few logical reasons, people might be more inclined to see your point of view.

well said!
a little info will certainly go along way.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

American Community Survey, sounds like something that would have been cooked up during the McCarthy Era to help them fraudulently black list people based on their political views, real or imagined.

If I got this survey in the mail I'd politely answer all the questions I think the Government should be allowed to know, and write that the Govt should politely go *COUGH* itself in all the blanks I saw as an invasion of privacy or violation of my right against self-incrimination (Fifth Amendment). They can come and harass me all they want and I'd harass right back, heck I'll pull a Mr. Smith and start reading the Constitution to em

Actually I think all of us should pull a Mister Smith and go to Washington, stand out in the hundreds of thousands and read our Constitution to the crooks in D.C. but that's because of a whole lot of other more important things then this survey...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Actually I think all of us should pull a Mister Smith and go to Washington, stand out in the hundreds of thousands and read our Constitution to the crooks in D.C.

Sounds like a plan to me. I seriously doubt I'd answer any of the questions, I just don't believe they need to know anything more than they already do about me. Like the avatar, I've always loved MST3k.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Okay. Judging from your avatar, I can guess you probably lean conservative.

So I ask you... Where have you been for the past eight years, TheAssociate? While your buddies in Congress and the executive branch were cooking all this stuff up and stamping it and making upo fines and penalties and all that, where were you?

Is it just that you only pay attention to your surroundings when it's not your team at bat?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually, I'm a Libertarian. Not everyone who disagrees with obama is a republican, and furthermore, I don't see what my political leanings have to do with this thread.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I think the real question everyone here should be asking is is this even legal to do? And by what law was it changed?

That being said I would suggest two options.
1. Tell them to let acorn fill it out, they are the experts at false information.
2. Fill in every illegal blank with a lie. If they ask how long it takes you to go to work and it normally takes 30 minuets, put down 1 hour. If you pay 800 a month in rent put down 850. Then just claim you did the same mistake as the IRS and most other cabinet members did.

I have also sent this thread to [email protected] to save them some time and money........

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hard to accept but in no way surprises me. We birthers have been watching this so called government of the people literally go to hell. What amazes me the most is the degree of brain washing but I gues its fairly easy to wash a brain of an individual when this (brain?) can't see the truth and continues to believe emence deceptions that now shine like sun number two. This county of fools actually wants "big brother" to take care of them and he surely will. Many will soon be headed for a government resort called "Fema camps" with their brand new huge gas chambers and millions of plastic coffins that can store three bodies, later to be cooked like american hotdogs.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
the goverment is sad! time for a new one.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

How exactly is this propaganda and lies? The Census Bureau itself states that penalties can be imposed for not answering the survey.

TA

Funk em!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

LOL, I never get how the British just roll over, stick their butts in the air, and let the government have their way with them without any protest.

We dont have a lot to protest about whereas you have too much to protest about yet Ive not seen any protesting, just a load of internet bravado.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I suppose the only way to combat this is to give them false answers. This way, their questions are answered & they can chase their tails trying to find out if the answers are even true. Either that, or we should take all survey forms to City Hall & have an old fashioned bon fire.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is nothing more than the government keeping a huge DB on us and tying it to the other information gathering sourches (echelon) that they are using on us already. Make it very convient to profile and track the populus based on all of this information. You can't hide anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I remember in 1990 my mom got the long form for the Census and spent AGES filling it out. I thought it was so cool at the time and couldn't wait for my turn to get the long form.

Fast forward to the present and this is the first time I've been in my own household for a Census. This is appalling! Who in their right mind would actually answer this crap? Maybe I hit the nail on the head with "right mind"? Time to brush up on my Constitutional law and make sure the rest o fmy household understands the illegality (and the appalling-ness!) of these questions.

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If I get one of those questionnaires, I'll be replacing it with my own questionnaire for the federal government and sending that to them.

Lets see how they like it!

I'm not afraid of their scare tactics. This is indeed a violation of my privacy.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Did anyone hapen to notice the part where it ask about "social behavier"

ie...is this person defective in any way......

Then wants to know what time they leave for work

And the front door has been GPSed.....hmmm

Stalk and distroy

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I remember the last time they took the Census, I got the "long form" I filled out the # of people in the house and sent it back. A bit later a Census taker was at my door asking the questions. I told him I was the only person that lived there and that was all the info I was giving. He said I could face a fine for not complying. I said okay be me, fine away! Never heard another word.

I will do the same this time around. As far as I'm concerned, IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS! If they want to fine me, they are free to do so. Can't get blood out of a turnip. Just call me Turnip!

I got over being scared of these jackazz morons about 20 years ago and I have conducted my own "civil disobedience" in various ways since. There are just certain things I AM NOT GOING TO DO.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

i would ask them to show me the law that states I have to participate in this survey.
I bet thatyl take a while.

Actually, they list the "law" right on their website

Link to US code

If they are not enforcing the fines, just tell them "no thanks"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join