It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting thought/experience....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As I go throughout my every day life, doing the things most people do on a daily basis, sometimes Ill catch myself and kind of catch a glimpse of clarity, and ask myself "why am I still in this body?" or "why am I still me (in the physical sense)". It seems to me sometimes that Ive actually been something else at one time or another, or that ive lived another life.. I dont really know how to explain it, but its like im wondering why im still in this state, and not in another maybe? its kind of like "waking up" as if this all is a dream that im in.. or that maybe my soul knows that this body isnt forever, and is only for awhile, and maybe my soul travels, to other places and things.. I mean, I have frequent detailed dreams about certain things, that seem so real, that you can taste and smell and actually feel things..

My question to all who read this, is do you feel like that too? and what do you think it could be? Am I "waking up", or maybe I've been Re-incarnated at one time or another, Because i have no religion par say.. so im open to anything..

Your thoughts please.....

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I call it "Living" .

... to do the best you can with regards forwarding humanity in whatever means possible or afforded one's self.

You seem to be realizing or noticing "flaws" in the world around you. ... attempt to "fix" them.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

no no no.. im saying its like my conciousness has gone to another level.. as if my soul or whatever is asking why its not in a different place, or why it hasnt transended into whatever comes next.. or why its in the body that its in now, and not free to float around.. its kind of hard to explain...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Kind of sounds a bit like "depersonalization," where you feel that you and your experience - your sensory experience - which is all that you experience: the people, the things, the animals, the buildings around you - are all one.

It can bring about some weird feelings but weird in the sense that we're not use to them, not as in bad.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
yeah, kind of, i also ask myself constantly, like, i wonder what it would be like to be this, or to be that, or ask why cant i be that? and alot of the time its the exact opposite of "depersonalization" to actually be more "personalized" because i see in those times that my body and soul are separate entities.. as in my body is a living breathing organism that my soul inhabits. thats the best i have ever explained it actually.. that last sentence is exactly how it feels, and then the questions come, like why am i in this body, and why cant i be something else, and even sometimes, i feel the "awakening" in another way, as if my soul has come back to me from wondering somewhere. i remember some things that happen, but most of the time, i wont remember large periods of time when it does happen, because when my soul "comes back" i think to myself "where have i been" and secondly "what has happened during that period that i cannot remember?" most of the time, i find that there are alot of things i do or say that i cant remember, as if i was on auto pilot... after these experiences, i go through a time of thoughts, and i just thought i would put this on ATS to see what you, the people think of this...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse
no no no.. im saying its like my conciousness has gone to another level.. as if my soul or whatever is asking why its not in a different place, or why it hasnt transended into whatever comes next.. or why its in the body that its in now, and not free to float around.. its kind of hard to explain...

? As if you feel "outside" yourself ... or not the person you or others "see" or "perceive" you as ?

What if I was a grasshopper?
What if I was that "free bird" in the sky?
What if I was the savior of he world?
What if I was able to help those around me?
What if I was seeing myself as how I perceive others views of the same?

What if I consider all of the above and mOar?

... if only to realize growth as an individual?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Actually, every single one of those questions I have asked before.. And it could very well be the growth of myself as an individual, not only in a physical sense, but as a metaphysical sense also. as if not only my body develops, but my soul develops as well, as I take these experiences that i have in the is body, and use the lessons i get from them in the overall experience my soul partakes.... like my soul is learning more, not only about what it is, and what it does, but as the community as a whole.. like Strangebrew was talking about with "depersonalization" and how i described "personalization"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
that's odd...because I too feel as though I don't belong. lets see where this thread goes....it has peaked my interest. Regardless...keep asking these questions....take no ones answer for your own.

as always...
imitation is suicide....but often flattering.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, a couple of thoughts come to mind.
Maybe you are preparing yourself to leave this plane of existence and this body. You are also letting the universe know you are ready for the next big thing by thinking about and focusing on it.

You remind me that I have had at least two very crystal clear glimpses of what could very well have been past lives. One time I was a young woman comfortably sitting in a chair near the fireplace in my home -- which was more like a castle. I am male at the moment .

The other time I was looking out through the eyes of an Iguana, believe it or not.

Whatever it is about for you, it is all good. It is where you need to be.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Living seems to...odd to me lately, as I too have a feeling i've lived before. Certain things will envoke extreme de javu, an old picture, bulding, so on. Its a strange thing what living entails. I feel as though im waiting around for something to happen...be it death or a grand occurence. It is frustrating to say the least.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I actually hope i cross into another plane of existence.. not unnaturally like suicide or something like that, but i would love to see what its like.. i feel that my soul is naturally an explorer kind of soul, as i love to see and experience new things all the time. I am very open minded about alot of things, i have also thought about doing meditation, to see if this would open things up, to where i can possibly control it and use it in some way...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
One of the things I think about all the time is what is it that I am supposed to be learning right here, right now while I am in this life? Sometimes life seems futile, pointless and often enough even boring. But these are the challenges that I have to work with. I wonder sometimes if I may be missing the point of this existence. Someone once said that we are here both to learn from others and to teach based on what we know. I struggle to do that; never sure about what it is that I have to teach. I just try to be true to myself for what its worth.

Meditation is a very good way to accomplish insights and open up a path of communication with the universe. I highly recommend it.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by wayno]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
One of the things I think about all the time is what is it that I am supposed to be learning right here, right now while I am in this life? Sometimes life seems futile, pointless and often enough even boring.

Boredom is a way to spirituality.
Somebody has said.

When you have done everything that needs to be done, when you have seen everything that is worth seeing and when you know to a point after which you see only darkness and no one is able to answer your questions ...... at that point you get this feeling of utter pointlessness and boredom. This means you are now ready for something extraordinary.

This is a pause between two classes of experience, a winter vacation. Be ready and keep exploring, you will soon see whats next.

[edit on 6/8/2009 by rocksolidbrain]

new topics

top topics

join