It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdoch: News Corp to charge for all news websites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

my thoughts too,

secondly,

people will just replicate what they pay for and post it anyways.

On theory it wont work, but Murdoch isnt a fool, im sure's there's something here we dont know yet that will mean we need to go to his site for the news.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I doubt this ridiculous idea came from Murdoch alone. Whoever yanks his chain is pushing this. Murdoch and Co. want every single American to get the news from them and them only. Remember the thread about Murdoch wanting to regulate the internet? His next move will be to buy out all the websites that offer free alternative and truthful and unbiased news, and not because it is free, but he NEEDS us to continue soaking all the BS in that he calls news but we call propaganda. The meek will inherit the earth and it appears the rich and stuffy are slowly losing there grip on their Golden Empire. I am actually glad Murdoch wants to do this and hope he does not pussyfoot around it. Get her done, Murdoch, help loosen the shackles that sooooo many Americans wear proudly and ignorantly. One step closer to freedom.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Anyone who's owned a business and paid for advertising knows that 'the news' is just sensationalised garbage which is used to hook you to the screen so they can hit you with advertisements.

Newspapers don't make their profit from 'news'. They make it from advertising.

Murdoch thinks he's going to recreate this scam online ? He needs to retire. Why would I or anyone else pay for garbage we don't believe simply in order to be swamped by advertisements ?

Murdoch must believe everyone shares his brain. Megalomaniac. He's the genius who gave Tony Blair and Gordon Brown et all to the UK.

The world has NO reason ever to thank or mourn R. Murdoch and his gutter press which in turn murdered ethical journalism.

The world has no reason to thank or mourn R. Murdoch, zio-pawn

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
News papers make their money from classifieds - this has gone online his newspapers simply recycle news announcements from free news services such as Ap, REUTERS and any conference called by any official gov or corporate -

who cares what he does

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

who cares what he does

Well, that about sums it up for me as well.

I just won't read on his sites.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
He also owns myspace I believe and that would probably be where he would love to start charging.

I think the webbot people are total hacks but a broken watch is right twice a day I guess.

Past 2 weeks they have hit 2 things right from what I have read. a large group of people will start disappearing ( see china 10k people gone in a night)

They also mentioned people will start going to smaller less MSM sites for their news. With this announcement that would probably be the case and I really hope so. If people start needing to do their own research the world would be a better more informed place and thing could get better IMO.

sorry to bring up the webbot people in this thread, it just popped in my mind when reading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join