It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Diary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I like it when i dream. These dreams are like little bubbles that quickly seem to disapear from my memory when i wake up.
A little while ago i decided to keep a dream diary so that i could log my dreams. I got a little notepad and kept it with a pen down the side of my pillow. When i awoke in the morn i would note down any dreams I remembered. After a little while things began to change I started remembering more of my dreams. Now i find myself waking up in the night several times to right them down, this does not seem to upset my nights sleep.
I am glad i have started doing this and would recommend it to anyone who want to remember more of there sleep world. To me dreaming is a special thing and an interwoven part of reality.

Aww this is in the wrong section and idk how to move it
kx

[edit on 5-8-2009 by purplemer]

[edit on 5-8-2009 by purplemer]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have begun to do this too. I have been waking up more frequently during my sleep too. Some nights it seems like I wake up all the time and really should be miserably tired for the day, but quite opposite. Refreshed really.

A LOT of my dreams are recurring in nature. This was really why I started, and they almost seem to recur more often. Hopefully I will, in time, understand what they mean.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've done this a few times in the past. I can't say I've gained anything from it, but that's probably due to writing down half a dozen dreams and then forgetting to do it for six months :p

What's REALLY weird about doing this is when you wake up in the morning and found you wrote something down at like 3am, and have no memory of the dream!
That happened to me a few times. I had the memories of waking up and recording it, but the dream memory didn't stay, except on paper.

From people who stuck with it longer than I ever have, I've heard the same results that purplemer posted, i.e. that you remember dreams better. I've also read that people who want to have lucid dreams find this a useful thing to do.

join