It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Falling star' and now no phone signal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm totally unsure on where to put this, so apologies if its in the wrong place!

I've been laying on the balcony looking up at the stars and saw what looked like a firework. It was extremley bright and left behind a long tail that stayed for a few seconds before disappearing. About 15 minutes later, I have absolutely zero phone signal. I live in a highly populated area and have never ever experienced no phone signal here. Could the two be connected or is it merely a coincidence?

Thanks for any help!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well we are entering the Perseid's meteor shower which will peak on the 11th and 12th, that could explain the meteor that you saw. As for the phones its probably a coincidence unless it hit a tower which is extremely highly unlikely.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That could be. It seems to me if memory serves that August is the biggest month for meteors. Still, I have no idea how that could relate to a lack of phone service. How long was service out, and do you know if it happened to anyone else? I'd guess it's unrelated to what you saw, though.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JennyJen

What sort of time was this?

Last night i was out side having a smoke with my friend, when i saw what i can only think was a Iridium Flare saw a object moving in the Sky very high up then a big flash of light and it then faded out

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have noticed many strange lights/objects in the skies over Suffolk and Norfolk recently. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this firework like object. As I recall, it was fairly cloudy that night.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sightings

Are you talking about in Virginia? The reason I'm asking is that we took a vacation to Virginia Beach the week of July 20th. On Wednesday of that week, I was standing out on the oceanfront balcony around 1:30 am and saw this blue-ish green "Meteor" shoot across the sky super fast, then it dissappeared. I stayed out for several more minutes waiting to see if there would be anymore and didn't see any. This was the first meteor that I had ever seen that was a blue-ish green color. Usually the ones I have seen have all been white.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Keep watching the Perseids (and Leonids), and you will see many more. Most years they all start out green ( turning to yellow, then red as they pass through layers of atmosphere with different concentrations of Oxygen/Nitrogen, which are the main influences on color in many cases).

Leonid shots:

Source: click here

You will also see other colors, like bronze and blue if you are lucky.

As for what the OP observed, I agree that it was probably just a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

No I'm talking about Suffolk and Norfolk in England. 2 Counties in the East Anglia region. That infamous Rendlesham Forest incident took place in the area.

top topics

join