It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Encroaching on First Amendment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
For the last time...

This program is about alerting the admin to fallacies about the bill.

NOT PEOPLE.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
For the last time...

NOT PEOPLE.

Then it would behoove Obama to know whats in the bill before he tries to tell us what is a fallacy and what is not.

The concerns I have heard from the opposers are valid, based on what the bill says, and not fallacies.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

For the last time...

NOT PEOPLE.

Errr... I wouldn't be so quick to say that boss. Here is a direct quote from the white house

These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

Ref: Facts are a stubborn thing

Now, let me ask you what will be contained in these chain emails or what information will be provided from "casual conversations" when they are reported to the whitehouse? Let me go way, way, way out on a limb and guess it will contain:

The senders name and email address, the name(s) of the people being "reported", their contact information, email address (in the event of a chain letter) and so on and so on.....
Really, you don't think this has anything to do with getting names of people?? Really? By the way, when that chain email is forwarded on to the white house, think of all the people that will get snagged. County, city, state, federal employees who forward that will be in a sh*t box!

How else will the white house correct the "misunderstanding"? They need to know who to contact. I really can't believe that you think this isn't about gathering names. Maybe it is just me that sees it as something more.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

I only wish I could award you more stars then 1. Very difficult to be mad at those that are upset about a health care plan that even the great zero hasn't read.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I just want to know what they were going to do with the information they receive?

Background checks?
Investigations?
IRS?
Lashes?

I expect the WH to do away with the request now that people are getting suspicious about it.

Yeah, they'll move from an overt program to a covert program. Don't forget what kind of thugs we are dealing with. There is nothing stopping the fuhrer from placing undercover government goons on the the streets to secretly listen to Americans conversations and snatch them away in the middle of the night to never be heard from again for simply opposing the fuhrer.

The is THE MOST evil and corrupt administration in the history of the country. I wouldn't put a damn thing past them!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Do they really need to collect names and email addresses? I don't think so, they already have the ability to read every single email you send.

It's just an easy way to get the real facts into the hands of the deceived (the ones who received the chain mail). I assume they would write up a response on their website and possibly send the link to everyone on the chain mail list. Seems like a very cost effective way to get the word out to the masses....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5146ba8846d7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines
Do they really need to collect names and email addresses? I don't think so, they already have the ability to read every single email you send.

It's just an easy way to get the real facts into the hands of the deceived (the ones who received the chain mail). I assume they would write up a response on their website and possibly send the link to everyone on the chain mail list. Seems like a very cost effective way to get the word out to the masses....

Well, as I said before, it never hurts to keep a list of who sent what when and why they did. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't keep this list.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

For the last time...

NOT PEOPLE.

Errr... I wouldn't be so quick to say that boss. Here is a direct quote from the white house

These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

Ref: Facts are a stubborn thing

Yep... And that to me says "We want to know what spin is so we can discuss that internally, determine if it's real, and if not speak to it through our mouthpieces."

Now, let me ask you what will be contained in these chain emails or what information will be provided from "casual conversations" when they are reported to the whitehouse? Let me go way, way, way out on a limb and guess it will contain:

The senders name and email address, the name(s) of the people being "reported", their contact information, email address (in the event of a chain letter) and so on and so on.....
Really, you don't think this has anything to do with getting names of people?? Really? By the way, when that chain email is forwarded on to the white house, think of all the people that will get snagged. County, city, state, federal employees who forward that will be in a sh*t box!

Ok first of all... that sounds rather paranoid. It's still against the law to track someone. The idea here is to attempt to address something erroneous before it becomes mythologized as part of the story.

Now granted, if I sent them a full email of what I got, it would be bad form on my part as the individual. But they aren't asking for that. They aren't asking for peoples names etc...they are asking for the stuff that sounds fishy.

Maybe they should have clarified that... but it doesn't matter. Any citizen who wants to rat on another can already do so at their local precinct.

How else will the white house correct the "misunderstanding"? They need to know who to contact. I really can't believe that you think this isn't about gathering names. Maybe it is just me that sees it as something more.

As I have mentioned before, through the power of the press secretary, and other members of his cabinet that are relevant.

I'm telling you, there are SOOOO many other ways to "gather names". That are much easier and exist today! Such as AT&Ts tap on the entire Internet that is fed to the government.

I agree they should be more paranoid about there being paranoid people, and have specified PLEASE DO NOT SEND US NAMES OR PERSONAL INFO.

However, I'm as convinced as you are on this... I believe I am seeing it for what it is, probably as much as you believe you are seeing it for what it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Roadblockx

Geez I knew it was a republican before I even looked at the thread. To play devil's advocate the White House can practice free speach as well and if they are asking people to send in emails well then thats up to the end-user. Who knows what they're going to do with that information anyway, you really think their gonna set up some CC's for everyone apposed to the HC bill, I strongly doubt that. This just forwards the same notion that republicans will implement bill after bill to censor free speach and invade privacy while Bush is in office, then play the side of the hypocrit when it's the Dem's pulling the same moves. Jealousy anyone?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

Actually the White House, ANY White House Administration, probably SHOULD NOT have the right of free speech. In all previous Administrations the mere appearance of impropriety would draw a hail storm of disapproval, often, but not always, resulting in the resignation of the officials involved in order to clear their party of the possible repercussions. Just as yelling fire in a theater is dangerous, ANY implication by the most powerful government in the world that they are going to stifle dissent by virtue of their power openly is a DIRE indication for all of us. The point is we may not know IF they are going to use it against us but that we know they CAN use it against us if they CHOOSE! If they are so open and arragent about it the possibility that they will and the acceptablility of them doing so among the mainstream populace increases dramatically. OTHERS may have done it but not with such visibility and acceptability as your post indicates. THAT is the danger.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5146ba8846d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Are you sure you didn't mean?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/839d838390b29ccd.jpg[/atsimg]

For those who don't know

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I do agree with what you are saying. On the surface, this looks like nothing more then clarifying a topic that can easily be misunderstood or spun to create more confusion. I grant you that. Where you and I disagree is what this action does once you look a little further into it.

Perhaps this will help. Here is how I am coming to the conclusion that this is only the beginning of something more sinister. It isn't one single action but all the actions put together.

1. For any candidate to say they are going to be about change and transparency but turn around and once they become prez, on the FIRST day of office, they sign a presidential executive order limiting what information we the people can find about a president or former presidents. The very first day of office.
2. Offer TARP money to banks stating that the us economy and thus the world's economy would fail if they didn't push it through but have no means to track or monitor how it was spent.
3. The TARP money came with a catch which allowed the government the opportunity to be the first to purchase the premium stock thus making no other investor interested in investing in those companies meaning those companies would have to rely on the gov even more.
4. Buying GM.
5. Further expanding the gov's role in america's everyday life. Owning the banks, MSM, GM and now going after gov sponsored health care. Once they control the media (check), the banks (check), health care (in the works) and the utilities (status unknown), what say do you think you will have in how things are run?
6. Spending TRILLIONS in dollars we don't have (ref: Can you spare a dime?)
7. When criticizm begins to flare about BHO health care, they ask people to send them information so the gov can correct it. How do you think they are going to correct it? As the webadmin to "fix" the content of his website? Seriously, why would the gov want to know if they weren't going to try and correct it?

Had this prez done only one of the seven, I may give him so benefit of the doubt. But to do all seven in less then 7 months on the job is just too much for anyone to grant benefit of the doubt.

I am always open to those views which help me to see some logic that I may be missing. Also, if you report me for not agreeing with der leader's reicht, will someone please feed my dogs and water my plants? Thank you.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That is awesome!! Good find. I only wish I would have found it first. D@mn you!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
AND IT BEGINS! First letters sent out to those misinformed people!

Wow...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Be apart of the cause!

Join us?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

For the last time...

NOT PEOPLE.

And you personally know this to be a fact - how?

Without some kind of verification like the rest of us have been posting - page after page from the actual bills in congress - all your posts are nothing more than acting as a shill for the Whitehouse. Obama's very own "Billy Mays" here on ATS.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Here we go I made a short compellation of posts from our vary own HunkaHunka

You decided what his deal is first he utterly supports imo the policies of the government with out question, than he attacks some one for not spelling correctly when he can't win a debate sad. And as far as the
we are skeptics aren't we?

yes I am and I am a skeptic of your intent here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow...

see to me it makes so much sense.

I see republicans like Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin spreading obvious lies and then Fox fomenting hatred.

To me the tail is totally attempting to wag the dog the same way they tried to spread lies during the last election. Truly politics as usual for the republicans.

I guess we just live in two different worlds.

I wonder what you said or did to cause this.

They are getting pretty bold. And things are starting to get very emotional among the people of our country.... Things are going to accelerate, I fear. Yes I said it!!! This crap is scary. When we don't have the freedom to voice our opinions any more people will start getting radical and the violence level is going to be raised. The chess pieces are being moved and it's almost time for a move to be made, but who is going to take it?

In my honest opinion, I think the white house is going to move in on the people first. These protests seem to be striking a nerve with the current administration.

I don't understand.. you were all supportive of the "angry mobs" at the town halls. And now you are not supportive of other people speaking their minds?

Where is the proof of someone showing up in the middle of the night? Hearsay doesn't count.

(Wow looks like you’re trying to redirect and deflect here classic propaganda move.)

You mean like the masses of tantrum throwers showing up at town halls buying what fox shovels down their throats?

That is the only rule that counts. Not everyone is a great keyboarder. That does not mean that what they say is not correct or important.

It's not their ability to spell that's in question. It's what the lack of attention to detail says about the rest of their thought processes.

You think folks who spell words incorrect on their resume get hired? There is a reason for that.

You maid fun of someone for not spelling correctly? Well I got this in word and you my friend have all sorts of red squiggly lines perhaps you should practice what you preach.

The president if he has nothing to hide should open these town halls up if he is so great and his policies are so awesome than what does he have to be scared of?

And yet here you are spreading the party line once again I want to know do you get paid to do this? Because you seem really in to Obama and his policies no matter what.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

now that i like!!!!!
if obama loves his muslim heritage so much maybe he should resign as the POTUS and go the f back to kenya or indonesia or where ever the hell he is from and run for president there.
but he is just a puppet in the grand scheme of things- still trying to figure out who wants to run the world.
hmmm reminds me of many james bond movies

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

For the last time...

NOT PEOPLE.

And you personally know this to be a fact - how?

It's called reading. I read what it was about.

Without some kind of verification like the rest of us have been posting - page after page from the actual bills in congress - all your posts are nothing more than acting as a shill for the Whitehouse. Obama's very own "Billy Mays" here on ATS.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by centurion1211]

Page after page about [email protected]? Really?

Billy Mays? Sorry I don't use coc aine.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Internet Security—Obama's 'Cookies' Breaking the Law

www.youtube.com...

Forward us the email,
Obama

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join