It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim woman sentenced to Forty slashes for wearing trousers!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by orangeman dave

I will type crap forever. Its my right as an American remember. The ins and outs? Any country that uses fire and stones on a woman that expresses an opinion should be destroyed. I for one do not want these people in my genome.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyflip

Ok fair enough if you don't agree with it so be it i don't agree with it either but as i said different countries have different laws some good some bad.

But nowhere in my post did i defend this torture if you had taken the time to read.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
To lay my cards on the table: While all religions are not the same, they have all had their brush with insanity and cruelty over the years. I personally think there is no such thing as a good one - at least the way they are practiced today.

Having said that, I find it interesting (and disturbing) that while most of the Christian religions have cleaned up their act somewhat in terms of treatment of women, and even people who are gay, the way Islam is conducted in the middle east its actually getting worse. Pants aren't just banned for women, they are considered "indecent".

I see lots of different versions of Islam practiced in my neighbourhood here in Canada. Some women with covered heads wear pants. Others are covered from head to toe -- but as often as not with material of such flash and colour that it draws your attention to them moreso than plain clothes would. They are a very attractive lot. Methinks the customs are just a sham because we are all the same in the end; no matter what your religion is (or even if you haven't any at all).

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

A Sudanese journalist facing 40 lashes for wearing "indecent" trousers vowed on the eve of her judgment that she is ready to be whipped 40,000 times in her bid to change the country's harsh laws.

Lubna Ahmed al-Hussein, who works for the media department of the United Nations Mission in Sudan...

Islam Watch Out! You have just insulted a member of the UN.
If cultures want to keep their old ways they better not make waves with the entity that will soon be dictating world policy. Actually, watch out all religions. The Hate is going to End!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

Bleh their government says to not wear pants, don't wear them. If you break the law you deserve your punishment. There is no room for individualism. The government is always right, never question them EVER.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

I know you're being facetious.
You have to be.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

No wonder the Bible is banned in such countries, it's too kind for some.

Well, the New Testament may be. However, there is little difference between the Koran and the Old Testament of the Christian bible. Little difference.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

So now, it's the U.N that's the bad guy here?
People are amazing.

<< 1   >>

join