It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim woman sentenced to Forty slashes for wearing trousers!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

A Sudanese journalist facing 40 lashes for wearing "indecent" trousers vowed on the eve of her judgment that she is ready to be whipped 40,000 times in her bid to change the country's harsh laws.

Lubna Ahmed al-Hussein, who works for the media department of the United Nations Mission in Sudan, is to be judged on Tuesday after waiving the immunity granted to UN workers. She is to be judged under Article 152 of Sudanese law, which promises 40 lashes for anyone "who commits an indecent act which violates public morality or wears indecent clothing."

Hussein, who is in her 30s and whose husband died of kidney failure, told AFP in a telephone interview: "I'm ready for anything to happen. I'm absolutely not afraid of the verdict."

Police arrested Hussein and 12 other women wearing trousers at a Khartoum restaurant on July 3. Two days later 10 of the women accepted a punishment of 10 lashes, but Hussein is appealing in a bid to eliminate such rough justice.

The other two women are also facing charges.

Religion of Peace

Yeah, it would seem that the good ol' "religion of peace" has reared its hoary head again. I tell you, I think that things are beginning to reveal itself quite rapidly now. The real beasts behind the conspiracies are rearing their heads.

I have told people for many years now that there is no reason to look for some secret society to use as a scapegoat for what is going on in this world today. The culprits are right in your face. Are you getting the picture yet? No, probably not.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I dont know much about Islam but if wearing trousers is a no no she would have known the consequences.

If she wants to wear trousers maybe she should move to a more western country why take a chance .

Not everyones beliefs are the same we think its ok to wear trousers but maybe Muslims don't.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orangeman dave

Maybe Muslims need to catch up with the 21st century. No? You see, these people want the world to return to the 7th and 8th centuries when Islam was at its peak. It's not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It is not muslims in general, it is the countries that live by the muslim law. I know muslim's that dress normally (western), its the countries they are from that are too high strung over minor issues.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

To an extent, that is probably true. However, I think the fact that Sharia law is based upon the Muslim religion and values speaks volumes about the religion as a whole.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Agreed, the only issue is that the laws can only be carried out in the countries that govern them.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is extreme behavior. In the Pentecostal branch of Christianity women are not suppose to wear jeans or tight fitting clothing but you would never hear of this type of treatment. Punishment in this manner is not justified because the punishment is worse then a women wearing jeans or tight fitting clothing. It has more to do with respect when going to church so as to not take attention away from the reason your suppose to be there.

Men are visual creatures when it comes to women and so the distraction in church would be obvious. This also comes down to men and self control. What is happening here is in effect men who can not control themselves.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've seen some fat-assed women here in the US wearing spandex which accents all those cellulose rolls and waves that clearly deserve 40 lashes.

No use chewing their ass about it - you'd be there for the next decade.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I think this is just one more example of why we must destroy this mentality before it spreads to the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Bleh their government says to not wear pants, don't wear them. If you break the law you deserve your punishment. There is no room for individualism. The government is always right, never question them EVER.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
We know the Bible says do not throw stones because Jesus fulfilled the Law of Moses, he a Man was slashed across the back for our sins so we may learn from it and be saved through grace. That is an example to follow, to abolish such laws as God intended because he sent his son for the love of mankind.

No wonder the Bible is banned in such countries, it's too kind for some.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Oh I guess you are right. I forgot it was the law. We must obey the laws or take the consequences. I was wrong.

So maybe they should just taser any woman they see wearing pants. That way they get punished on the spot.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ok firstly this was a protest by these women.

Secondly Sharia law is not the countrys governing religion, only applicable in regions, and some of these women were from the Christian south and member of the united nations so the law did not apply to them.

This is a protest to try an change the harrasment of women in Islamic enclaves throughout Sudan, and these women should be given the highest of accolades.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Certain male practitioners of a certain type of Islam have been denying the very existence of women for so long, that when women gain the status of certified being in their society, then that scared, whimpering woman within the (certain type of, I must be precise) Islamic man will come out and want nothing but to wear a pretty floral silk sundress, drink a nice chardonnay, and relax in her little pink boat that flows with the current down a nice quiet stream, loosing herself in the endless echoes of nature, subtly smelling the pretty flowers dancing in the gentle breeze, surrendering to the all in rapturous powerlessness. Those who condemn femininity and/or women have only strengthened the caricature of femininity that they hold within themselves. They will have to reconcile that someday.......Ah, but they fight it so hard. I'm a man, BTW, and I can see the psychological mindset so clearly that others have to, if they will only admit it. That being said, it is obvious that this certain type of person is terrified of women. They need to release their fears and dispel their bogeywomen.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Forty lashes for wearing trousers? How utterly irrational. Unlike an advanced Western country like the US. Here, you can go to jail for saying certain words in public, or smoking an innocuous herb, or not wearing anything at all. Not so long ago, some states had laws against marrying (or having sex with) people outside your race. We've still got plenty of bone-headed laws.

I don't agree with the law forbidding women to wear pants; but if there is a law against it, and if someone breaks the law, then it is likely they'll be punished. They've got laws against drinking wine, and will publicly whip someone caught drinking or selling it. Same thing - not what we'd call a reasonable law, but that's their rules. You break them at your peril.

Since when do we get to tell other countries what their laws should be? And why us, if someone gets to tell people what laws are OK? If you put it to a vote, the Muslims outnumbers us, so they'd win. No more wine for us, no more trousers for the ladies. And, I guess, no more dresses for the guys. We MUST STOP THEM before it's too late!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Ah, but this is because when we try so desperately to control others, that very nature of control happens to bite us back in an hilarious cosmic joke; we can no longer control ourselves. Any man who cannot control himself, in general I might add, tries far to hard to control others. Whoever does this shrinks himself or herself into nothingness. Remember the wise words of Jesus. Do not judge, love your fellow human being as yourself, forgive yourself and others. Sounds like a precise mathematical formula to send control for the sake of control straight into the pits of hell. Too bad more don't see that, but they will, for we are judged to the extent that we judge others; there's a whole lot of judging bouncing around, mindlessly I might add.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Mate i'm not defending it, i don't know the ins and out.

If they are wanting to catch up to the 21st century that's up to them you can't make people throw away their beliefs and say to them this is how we do it abandon your ways.

It does seem a bit backwards but as i said that's their problem.

Also they are having more children in European countries and they will be the majority at one point Britain included and it frightens me.

I read that their are more Mosques in the South of France than Churches.
It's just that we are more tolerate and let them build their Mosques and spread their religion in Western Countries and they don't let Christians build Churches in theirs.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by orangeman dave]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by orangeman dave

Only a complete moron would think thats its ok to torture women for wearing pants. Are you freakin serious?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyflip

Can you not read? i never said once it was ok to beat women for this. I said you can't tell people to change their laws because people in different countries don't agree with it.

I suggest you read my posts before typing crap.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I got surprised there for a second.....

I think you should edit your title to be a little more descriptive. She has certainly not been sentenced yet (she hasn't even been tried)!

From my limited understanding of the situation, there is a law in the country that forbids women from wearing pants (absurd if it is true, yes), and this woman wanted to challenge this law by wearing pants, and thus says she is "ready for the 40 lashes she may get!".

Very brave of her, I guess, if she is in any danger (some stuff about her UN connections apparently make it unlikely she will be charged?). Sudan certainly needs a wake-up call, but it'd be sad to get it at the detriment of this woman.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by babloyi]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join