It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something approached me on my sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Two days ago i was sleeping and i started hearing what was like "wind" or a sound i cant describe, it started slowly but it could be heard in the room then it was all over me and i sensed a presence over me looking at me, you know when that happens but you are afraid to open your eyes to see what it is?i then started to pray but the sound would continue and the presence as well. I then tell it go away leave me alone (my dad heard he was in the room next to mine) and i remember making the move to punch it whatever it was and it dissapeared, the sound slowly fading away. i woke up automatically standing on my bed looking everywhere to see if i could find a trace of what was molesting me.

Im sure it wasnt sp i felt the presence and the "wind" coming and go, i felt the fear too real.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Was it like a wooshing sound? When i've had OOBE's in the past, it always starts with a wooshing sound like the wind. Did you feel a strange vibration in your stomach?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i dont know how to describe the sound, it was like a wind but with a evolution, initially far and then all over me i didnt felt any weight like people tell on the old hag cases, i think this thing was hovering above my head. i didnt had the guts to open my eyes to see it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Can I suggest you open your eyes next time. There's all kinds of strange phenomenon associated with sleeping, none of which are likely to cause you harm.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's also what i'm feeling when i try to produce an OoBE.
It scares the crap out of me

If this happens to you in night time it's even scarier.
Oh..and don't open your eyes if your not ready to face the unknown.
If this happens to you again try to not fear it. The unknown fears you too

Keep a positive thinking, say some words in your mind, like : ''you are all creation, just like me''....or something like this.
You gotta have balls!

PS. Try to have more experiences like this, so that you can get use to them.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
thing is i didnt even try to produce an OOBE. im passing trough a bad phase in my life: unemployed, lost my grandmother which was more like a mother to me and also my gf so im taking some anti depressants, Mirtazapin is what im taking. Can this be related somehow?

Can a pill make you achieve a different state of conciousness

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that man. I had also depressions in the past. Took 5 pills of diazepam, slept all day, never took one again.
The anti-depressants might have something to do with this. I don't know if this meds are given with prescription or not. If the anti-depressants are given with prescription then you should check your doc, and tell him to give you something ''lighter''.

Mirtazapine (Remeron) is a psychoactive drug of the tetracyclic antidepressant (TeCA) chemical class used primarily as an antidepressant. It is sometimes also used as an anxiolytic, hypnotic, antiemetic, orexigenic, and antihistamine or antipruritic

A psychoactive drug or psychotropic substance is a chemical substance that acts primarily upon the central nervous system where it alters brain function, resulting in temporary changes in perception, mood, consciousness and behavior.

PS. Take care and have faith that everything it's gonna be alright!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30

Oh yeah!!

And some foods/drinks can interact with certain psychotropics and enhance their effectiveness or change their approach completely.

My bet is that your medicine combined with your stress created a very vivid dream.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
but this one was different... you know when you are going to have a sleep paralysis episode by the whooshing sound? it was the same sound, i had sp some times before but this time i wasnt paralyzed which is great. maybe it can help induce a astral projection instead of frightening episodes

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In some occult teachings, there is something called "the Guardian of the Threshold" in relating to access to the Astral plane. Now I think that it is a test and one that would cause you to be afraid so you would stop your attempts.
So if you wish to OBE or whatever have no fear of the Guardian.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

In my opinion, absolutely. First off, I'm not a proffessional but I have stopped taking certain meds before because of the strange experiences I had while taking them and just for the record, it was prescription meds, taken in normal prescribed doses, lol. Just didn't want to give anyone the idea that I was poppin pills, hehehe. So anyway, I'm fairly certain I had an out of body experience on one med and it was an antibiotic! I've also tried several different anti-anxiety meds and on one of them, at least three times a week, I would have dreams that would come true the very next day. I also felt more psychically aware all the time. My theory is that antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds quieten the mind so that it is able to tune into other things.

You mentioned that your grandmother passed away. First of all, I'm very sorry to here that.
I just wanted to share an experience with you. When I was four, my father passed away. I was at home with my aunt at the time, and at the exact moment that he passed, a wind blew through the whole house, blowing the curtains around and then over top of the bed that I was sleeping in. My aunt was laying down with me so that's how I know. She told me about it. Now, I'm not saying that this is for sure your grandmother and I hope that suggesting that it could be doesn't upset you because that is truly not my intention. If you fear that you may have the same experience again and you think there is a possibility that it could be your grandmother, you can tell her aloud that you love her, but you wish to not be disturbed in your sleep because it scares you.

My condolences to you and yours and I hope that life calms down for you and gets less stressful! (((HUGS)))

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
BTW I had most of my OOBE's when I was suffering from depression, had no GF, spent all night playing on my computer, slept about 4 hours during the day and smoked too much green tobacco.

new topics

top topics

join