It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reverses statement on Iran election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

White House reverses statement on Iran election

www.reuters.com

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Wednesday said he had misspoken in calling Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Iran's elected leader and that Washington will let the Iranian people decide whether Iran's election was fair.
"Let me correct a little bit of what I said yesterday. I denoted that Mr. Ahmadinejad was the elected leader of Iran. I would say that's not for me to pass judgment on," Gibbs told reporters aboard Air Force One.

"He's been inaugurated. That's a fact. Whether any election was fair, obviously the Iranian people still have questions about that
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Under what can only pressure from the Reza Pahlevi clique, the Obama administration, like true puppets, has caved to its master...wannabe Shah of Iran.

With Britain's not yet recognizing Ahmadinejad as lawfully elected President, the White House's statement yesterday revealed a fissure in usually unified political position of London and Washington.

But the White House spokesperson came with a high quality concrete and has repaired the fissure and shown that Washington is not yet prepared to develop it own foreign policy and instead will just carry the British flag.

Good job guys...I guess you have revealed you have not intention of ever moving us in a different direction.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That is the best forign policy statement I have read from Obama ever!!!!

Was it childish to react to adem-a-jihad, yes it was.

Was it true, yes.
Was it funny, yes.
Was it needed, well, yes.
Was it done to put the Irqanian pres in his place, yes.

Ok, yes, if it is not perfectly clear, I see this as totaly unimportant.

Just political back and forthing, but 2 points for Obama.

new topics

join